The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 June 2018, 12:13 PM   #31
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ BLNR | AK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJM914 View Post
Great looking watches!
Thanks AJ, appreciate it!
Old 18 June 2018, 12:48 PM   #32
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Great AD experience = showing 4 watches followed by, "none for you". what a world we live in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 02:23 PM   #33
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Great AD experience = showing 4 watches followed by, "none for you". what a world we live in....
Yep! Could have been shown jack shit, but I was pleased with their customer service.
Old 18 June 2018, 02:35 PM   #34
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These threads where ADs are letting people try on watches that have been long bought burn me up. If i waited a year to get a watch and I stroll into the AD to finally buy it and its being passed around, id have a REAL problem with that! Every AD is different i suppose....
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 02:57 PM   #35
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
These threads where ADs are letting people try on watches that have been long bought burn me up. If i waited a year to get a watch and I stroll into the AD to finally buy it and its being passed around, id have a REAL problem with that! Every AD is different i suppose....
They may be long bought, but they are not paid for. Until you pay in full for your Rolex, the AD has all the autonomy to do with as they please. I personally wouldn’t mind, as long as stickers are still on when I go to buy it. If you want to be the first person to handle the watch, you probably need to move along to a move exclusive brand. Hopefully that doesn’t burn you up chief .
Old 18 June 2018, 04:33 PM   #36
ocN55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Batman View Post

PM me.

PM sent!
ocN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 01:22 AM   #37
Investr
Banned

Quote:
They may be long bought, but they are not paid for. Until you pay in full for your Rolex, the AD has all the autonomy to do with as they please. I personally wouldn’t mind, as long as stickers are still on when I go to buy it. If you want to be the first person to handle the watch, you probably need to move along to a move exclusive brand. Hopefully that doesn’t burn you up chief .
1) Ease up on all the bold print- I see youre new here so just trying to give you a few pointers.

2) You probably wouldn't mind someone handling your watch bc you haven't owned a premium brand yet. AND yes many customers have pre paid for their watches. You sure seem to know a lot for someone who has yet to buy a piece.

3) Watch your language here! The mods don't tolerate it and your stay here could be shorter than the time to get your first Rolex.

4) As far as "more exclusive" brands- lets just say Ive dabbled in those a bit and we can leave it at that.

5) Lastly, consider changing your profile to something other than Batman (at least until you buy a BLNR). AND you should consider NOT giving advice to long term members in matters involving timepieces. Well that's it..."The Chief"
Old 19 June 2018, 01:45 AM   #38
OgSnowflake
Banned

I’m prob the 1% here but I think the practice of letting somebody try on and photo shoot a watch they have no intentions on buying as its already spoken for is piss poor. If I got the call and somebody told me my watch was sitting in the coffin waiting for me to be picked up and I walked in to somebody wearing it and taking pics fingerprinting my brand new polished center links I’d absoloutly livid and I’d kindly tell them to “ take my f*king watch off” but that’s just me. Totally the ads fault and has nothing against the op but if it has somebody’s name on it it stays in the back room point blank period.
OgSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:19 AM   #39
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
1) Ease up on all the bold print- I see youre new here so just trying to give you a few pointers.

2) You probably wouldn't mind someone handling your watch bc you haven't owned a premium brand yet. AND yes many customers have pre paid for their watches. You sure seem to know a lot for someone who has yet to buy a piece.

3) Watch your language here! The mods don't tolerate it and your stay here could be shorter than the time to get your first Rolex.

4) As far as "more exclusive" brands- lets just say Ive dabbled in those a bit and we can leave it at that.

5) Lastly, consider changing your profile to something other than Batman (at least until you buy a BLNR). AND you should consider NOT giving advice to long term members in matters involving timepieces. Well that's it..."The Chief"
Thanks for the unsolicited advice Chief. You know what they say, if you don’t have anything nice to say...well move along then
Old 19 June 2018, 02:24 AM   #40
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgSnowflake View Post
I’m prob the 1% here but I think the practice of letting somebody try on and photo shoot a watch they have no intentions on buying as its already spoken for is piss poor. If I got the call and somebody told me my watch was sitting in the coffin waiting for me to be picked up and I walked in to somebody wearing it and taking pics fingerprinting my brand new polished center links I’d absoloutly livid and I’d kindly tell them to “ take my f*king watch off” but that’s just me. Totally the ads fault and has nothing against the op but if it has somebody’s name on it it stays in the back room point blank period.
Agreed. I've been offered before to look at pieces "spoken for" and I have declined, as I wouldn't want my own piece to be handled and potentially scratched by someone before I had a chance to get to it.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:32 AM   #41
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We all have our opinions on the subject and I respect that, however the point of my thread was to showcase the great experience I had. If you’re in the 1% that feels that way, that’s fine as you’re entitled to your own opinion. I will tell you that I didn’t even handle the watch, my AD wore their fancy Rolex glove and slid it on my wrist. I imagine that was to preserve the watch so that it wouldn’t be “finger-printed.” Unless you’re worried about some skin to sticker contact, you and anyone else have nothing to worry about.

I don’t even know why I’m explaining this to the 1%, next time I’ll keep this to myself since so many of you are burned-up about this...unreal

Way to go TRF, Bravo.
Old 19 June 2018, 02:55 AM   #42
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the unsolicited advice Chief. You know what they say, if you don’t have anything nice to say...well move along then
The irony. I would reference my point in bold but, lol, you know. Everything you type is in bold...

How about in red?

Additionally, everyone here knows the AD has the right to do as they please, that's not in question. However, going above and beyond for your clients and how to practice proper etiquette is what's up for debate.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 03:12 AM   #43
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Great experience with my local AD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
The irony. I would reference my point in bold but, lol, you know. Everything you type is in bold...

How about in red?

Additionally, everyone here knows the AD has the right to do as they please, that's not in question. However, going above and beyond for your clients and how to practice proper etiquette is what's up for debate.
Red is up next, plus I’ll increase my font size so I can be a true keyboard warrior !

Ready for my orders, SIR!

Old 19 June 2018, 03:34 AM   #44
Investr
Banned

This guy is sure making friends quick here! That last pic reminds me of a saying from my military days- “hey, you need to stay in your pay grade”. Civilian translation- don’t chime in to what you are not qualified to speak about especially when there are highly qualified people present. I think you’d enjoy another forum more, perhaps one that specializes in more affordable watches. In the meantime, enjoy the Tudor. Best of luck Tonto....
Old 19 June 2018, 03:49 AM   #45
OgSnowflake
Banned

Quote:

I don’t even know why I’m explaining this to the 1%, next time I’ll keep this to myself since so many of you are burned-up about this...unreal

Way to go TRF, Bravo.
Poor attitude to take. It’s a forum, people r gonna have positives and negatives you take the good with the bad and move along. So it wasn’t a hit post with everybody....have no fear maybe the next one will be. Bold text n yelling at people calling them chief is just gonna open a shitstorm
Of negative and end up with people telling you a solid place to go shove that Tudor.
OgSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 03:55 AM   #46
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This guy is sure making friends quick here! That last pic reminds me of a saying from my military days- “hey, you need to stay in your pay grade”. Civilian translation- don’t chime in to what you are not qualified to speak about especially when there are highly qualified people present. I think you’d enjoy another forum more, perhaps one that specializes in more affordable watches. In the meantime, enjoy the Tudor. Best of luck Tonto....
Rick, I can tell you’re one of those guys that always has to get the last word in the conversation. I’m not offering or soliciting anyone’s advice, if I want your opinion I’ll make sure to politely ask for it. I’m also not a Rolex expert by any means nor am I masquerading as one. The point of this thread was to share my experience visiting my local AD, nothing less and nothing more. If you’re that fired up about it, you’ve got some serious issues that sitting behind a keyboard and chastising new members on TRF just won’t solve.

You also clearly don’t know what I can afford or can’t afford so don’t sit behind your monitor and pretend to assume anything. I’m sure there’s plenty of other threads you can offer your unsolicited advice to. Stay in your own lane and we’ll be alright.
Old 19 June 2018, 04:15 AM   #47
tjfslaughter
Banned

Is that a 95 SW in your photo or possibly a 94 POE?
tjfslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 04:18 AM   #48
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
is that a 95 sw in your photo or possibly a 94 poe?
‘97 nas.
Old 19 June 2018, 04:24 AM   #49
tjfslaughter
Banned

Quote:
‘97 nas.
Nice, I sold my Grey 110 a couple years back. I have a friend that just moved from NYC to so Cal a couple weeks ago. He has one similar to yours but converted to a 4.2 and Auto. I still work on a bunch of them around here.
tjfslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 04:29 AM   #50
MonsterSS
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126613LB
huge congrats!!!
MonsterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 04:51 AM   #51
Navarino
2024 Pledge Member

Great photos and thanks for sharing! Follow up with us once the BLNR is officially yours!
Navarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 05:01 AM   #52
Investr
Banned

Quote:
Poor attitude to take. It’s a forum, people r gonna have positives and negatives you take the good with the bad and move along. So it wasn’t a hit post with everybody....have no fear maybe the next one will be. Bold text n yelling at people calling them chief is just gonna open a shitstorm
Of negative and end up with people telling you a solid place to go shove that Tudor.
Im farly certain he is not clever enough to figure this out....
Old 19 June 2018, 05:03 AM   #53
Uppersouth
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: SWISS
Thanks for sharing the pics! Enjoy your BLNR!
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 05:16 AM   #54
Investr
Banned

Quote:
Rick, I can tell you’re one of those guys that always has to get the last word in the conversation. I’m not offering or soliciting anyone’s advice, if I want your opinion I’ll make sure to politely ask for it. I’m also not a Rolex expert by any means nor am I masquerading as one. The point of this thread was to share my experience visiting my local AD, nothing less and nothing more. If you’re that fired up about it, you’ve got some serious issues that sitting behind a keyboard and chastising new members on TRF just won’t solve.

You also clearly don’t know what I can afford or can’t afford so don’t sit behind your monitor and pretend to assume anything. I’m sure there’s plenty of other threads you can offer your unsolicited advice to. Stay in your own lane and we’ll be alright.
Oh Christopher, I really appreciate your psychological analysis. You were correct on one point though regarding the last word. I don't need to have the last word, but these are my last words on this thread/topic- I venture to say you are probably on numerous forums and probably are eventually driven out for being obnoxious. These words will likely fall on deaf ears but you should try to play more friendly with others, but this is probably not the first time you've heard this. You do seem somewhat witty and might even provide some entertainment here so hopefully you can become more tolerable. Anyhow, the Chief has to get back to the grindstone so signing off on this thread.... btw I kinda like being called Chief. Investr has been a little boring
Old 19 June 2018, 05:30 AM   #55
Bigblu10
Banned

Ibtl.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 05:58 AM   #56
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Yep, don't want to rain on anyones good time.
Hey OP, did you leave with a bottle of water?
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 06:26 AM   #57
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:

You started this exchange by replying to Rick's benign post with a condescending tone and making blanketed false statements about how all ADs operate and work payment polices. And finally, you yourself were the first one in the exchange to offer unsolicited advice. Advice that I happen to completely disagree with in both its tone and meaning.
Quote:
If you want to be the first person to handle the watch, you probably need to move along to a move exclusive brand. Hopefully that doesn’t burn you up chief
Then you go on to sarcastically call a grown man and stranger "Chief".

Are these horrific offenses? Perhaps not, but of course it escalates and overall you clearly think these subtle undertones go unnoticed and leave you completely free and clear of any wrong doing. It's your right to believe whatever you want. I'm just telling you why you've not been received with hugs and kisses from the group AND perhaps, why it seems you've gone out of your way to kick up dirt.

I did enjoy that 'keyboard warrior' picture though
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:01 AM   #58
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Nice, I sold my Grey 110 a couple years back. I have a friend that just moved from NYC to so Cal a couple weeks ago. He has one similar to yours but converted to a 4.2 and Auto. I still work on a bunch of them around here.
Very cool, I’m a big fan of the 110’s too! Do you miss it or have you moved on? It always helps to know a great mechanic, especially one who can work on Defenders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSS View Post
huge congrats!!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Great photos and thanks for sharing! Follow up with us once the BLNR is officially yours!
Thanks, will do !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppersouth View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics! Enjoy your BLNR!
Thanks, appreciate it!
Old 19 June 2018, 07:03 AM   #59
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Yep, don't want to rain on anyones good time.
Hey OP, did you leave with a bottle of water?
Nope, I’m enjoying a nice ice cold IPA !
Old 19 June 2018, 07:05 AM   #60
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
You started this exchange by replying to Rick's benign post with a condescending tone and making blanketed false statements about how all ADs operate and work payment polices. And finally, you yourself were the first one in the exchange to offer unsolicited advice. Advice that I happen to completely disagree with in both its tone and meaning.

Then you go on to sarcastically call a grown man and stranger "Chief".

Are these horrific offenses? Perhaps not, but of course it escalates and overall you clearly think these subtle undertones go unnoticed and leave you completely free and clear of any wrong doing. It's your right to believe whatever you want. I'm just telling you why you've not been received with hugs and kisses from the group AND perhaps, why it seems you've gone out of your way to kick up dirt.

I did enjoy that 'keyboard warrior' picture though
Glad you enjoyed it, need to lighten up the mood around here. XO

Tags
ad experience , rare