The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 October 2024, 11:23 PM   #31
nr1416
"TRF" Member

I could only find a pic of the 126500 hang tag but it's the same case with the 116500 for the colour code..Screenshot_20241005_092040_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 11:32 PM   #32
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
The white tag is important and it makes a “complete” set for modern Rolex. It’s not as important as the warranty, but important enough to identify the exact model of a particular reference, like 126710BLRO-001 for jubilee and 002 for oyster. That’s the only “birth certificate” to show this vital info.

I rather have the white tag directly from Rolex than a receipt from the AD. No reason why you can’t get the white tag when you purchase the watch directly from AD, if the AD end up throwing it away because for sure they don’t send those back to Rolex
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM   #33
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
This matters because it lets you know what dial the watch originally came with and was not swapped out. I suspect some grey dialers would swap a white dial into a black dial watch and sell it for 3,4K.
Wonder what you think of a Daytona sent in to Rolex for service and Rolex agrees to swap the dial to white from black?
As long as the parts are authentic and belong to the reference, what difference does it make?
It only makes a difference in the ridiculous world of the internet.

White tag.
Coffin.
White sleeve.
Don’t polish.
All lunacy. It’s just a watch.
Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM   #34
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
No reason why you can’t get the white tag when you purchase the watch directly from AD, if the AD end up throwing it away because for sure they don’t send those back to Rolex
Well, I have purchased from three different AD’s, one foreign, and NONE have provided white tag, or coffin, or bezel protector. And yes, I asked, but told they do not provide it.
Should that be a deal breaker?
Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM   #35
illiguy
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Everyone is saying the white tag is only important of special dial watches like the OPs but it also matters with the Steel Daytona's.

I'm pretty sure and maybe someone can chime is as well but the White dial has the code 0001 at the end and the black dial has the code 0002.

This matters because it lets you know what dial the watch originally came with and was not swapped out. I suspect some grey dialers would swap a white dial into a black dial watch and sell it for 3,4K more.

Also one of the benefits of the older card is that some have the dial colour written on the card which is also a big benefit. I will find some pics and attach them..
How much does a white dial part cost? I’d hope the spread between an original white dial and black dial isn’t so much that a dealer would make an after market swap.

No worries if you buy from AD on tag, but, if offered the white tag with watch from AD, I don’t know who would decline it.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM   #36
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfofmiddlesex View Post
I'm looking to possibly purchase a white dial Daytona on the grey market. I noticed many examples don't include the white swing tag and those that do seem to command a premium with respect to price.
I'll be wearing the watch, but, I also want the option to be able to sell the watch easily in the future if I need to. Any thoughts on the importance of getting a 'complete' set that includes the white tag, or, doesn't it really matter if i have this or not?
Thanks
i bought a white 116500 from davidsw and it didn't come with the white tag.
don't think it matters, because WHITE is printed on the warranty card.
Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM   #37
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
All this white tag stuff did not start till around 2015 it was mainly for Rolex factory reference and AD reference even now many ADs do not give the white inventory plastic tag.And most all things regarding the watch is now on the warranty card which is far more important than the white tag.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 AM   #38
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
It isn’t important but it’s nice to have them. With the exception of an Explorer I purchased from a grey dealer out of NYC, I have the white hang tag for all of my watches and I have a little pouch with all accessories for each watch.

I wear the watches and collect the accessories. Funny how that works! I don’t believe having a tag adds any significant value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM   #39
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Clearly having the white tag is critical for a very special few.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #40
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Makes no sense.
I bought my wife’s OP 41 Tiffany without the white tag as AD does not provide it, as well as does not provide bezel protector, or coffin.
I guess I got screwed.
The fact that it says Turquoise on my receipt is not the same.
Your attempt (as well as a few others) at being sly is instead showcasing ignorance.

They dial swap OP Turquoise models ALL the time, because you can buy a cheap black OP and insert a custom Tiffany dial. The warranty card shows the right model, but you can get bamboozled on the dial and it’s worth thousands less. Hence me saying I would have never bought mine without it, as I bought it grey, not from an AD.

There’s a lot of silly things posted on this forum deserving of criticism. But you’re missing the mark on this one
Old Yesterday, 01:12 AM   #41
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wonder what you think of a Daytona sent in to Rolex for service and Rolex agrees to swap the dial to white from black?
As long as the parts are authentic and belong to the reference, what difference does it make?
It only makes a difference in the ridiculous world of the internet.

White tag.
Coffin.
White sleeve.
Don’t polish.
All lunacy. It’s just a watch.
Rolex won't swap dial colours on a steel Daytona....

No one here is saying only watches that come with white hang tags should be purchased on the aftermarket. Just stating that the white tag does play a part in helping someone understand how that watch was sold originally. It's crazy how many watches on 47th Street get parts swapped in and out of them all the time, watch grey dealers are like car scrap yards. The watches mean nothing to them and get tossed around, parts getting replaced all the time. Again nothing wrong with this, if that's your cup of tea.

Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #42
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Your attempt (as well as a few others) at being sly is instead showcasing ignorance.

They dial swap OP Turquoise models ALL the time, because you can buy a cheap black OP and insert a custom Tiffany dial. The warranty card shows the right model, but you can get bamboozled on the dial and it’s worth thousands less. Hence me saying I would have never bought mine without it, as I bought it grey, not from an AD.

There’s a lot of silly things posted on this forum deserving of criticism. But you’re missing the mark on this one
Showcasing ignorance?
Get over yourself.
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #43
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Showcasing ignorance?
Get over yourself.
Sigh.
Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM   #44
Straphanger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126500LN
Rolex Geneva boutique , which used to be the only point of sale operated by Rolex, removes the white tag and actually destroy it ,they keep the bezel protector and they also keep the sleeve but you get the bill of sale which is probably as good .
Straphanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #45
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

Quote:

No one here is saying only watches that come with white hang tags should be purchased on the aftermarket. Just stating that the white tag does play a part in helping someone understand how that watch was sold originally. It's crazy how many watches on 47th Street get parts swapped in and out of them all the time, watch grey dealers are like car scrap yards. The watches mean nothing to them and get tossed around, parts getting replaced all the time. Again nothing wrong with this, if that's your cup of tea.

I heard they do as long as you're wanting a dial that was originally available for that model. So a 116520 can get a dial swap from black to white or vice versa. They would not swap any other dial into a stainless 116520 though.

Do you have first hand experience with this on a 116520? I'm curious where your info comes from.

Thanks!
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #46
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

So what’s stopping them from taking a real OP Turqouise, swapping the real dial with a custom Tiffany dial, selling the OP with the hangtag and then selling the real dial as a high value part? Then it will show the correct dial on the hangtag, and there is nothing you can do.

My personal take is that, I don’t care if my OP was originally black, if the turquoise dial in it is a real Rolex dial fitting my model. However, there are some instances where I think it makes sense to want some assurance about the original configuration - e.g. a 16610LV, but everyone’s tolerance for this is different
Deppe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #47
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
I heard they do as long as you're wanting a dial that was originally available for that model. So a 116520 can get a dial swap from black to white or vice versa. They would not swap any other dial into a stainless 116520 though.

Do you have first hand experience with this on a 116520? I'm curious where your info comes from.

Thanks!
Yes I do. As inquired about doing a dial swap on another model 3 years ago and they told me the new rules that were imposed because of people trying to swap a turquoise dial onto a black dial OP. So Rolex came out with all new rules, same guess with the Skydweller and Explorer 2.

Only datejust can you choose a different dial then it came with.

Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #48
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
I usually ask for a copy of the flight log from Switzerland. You have to be able to fill trace every step from the factory or it’s not a complete set
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #49
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

I've seen a 2021 example listed and it states that it comes with the new style NFC card. Does this type of card link the watch to the correct dial. If so, would the inclusion of a white tag be of less significance? Thanks
thewolfofmiddlesex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #50
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfofmiddlesex View Post
I've seen a 2021 example listed and it states that it comes with the new style NFC card. Does this type of card link the watch to the correct dial. If so, would the inclusion of a white tag be of less significance? Thanks
In the UK ADs give the white tag from my experience. If buying from Grey try to buy with white tag, it will be easier to sell and get a better price if you decide to sell later. Card and white tag are the most important. Everything else is replaceable. Buy your peace of mind with a card and white tag especially on special dials and Panda Daytona.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:47 AM   #51
huba01
"TRF" Member

Quote:

They do on the 116520, no problem at all.
huba01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #52
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree its funny today these bits of plastic seems for some to be more important than the watch bits of plastic are far easier to fake than the watch.The white tags was used by Rolex as a factory internal reference and at ADs and of no real importance, except for the sellers hoping to extract more money from buyers willing to pay extra for them.
So true.
Watches are now super cloned to where some dealers are fooled yet people can’t imagine how easily these tags can be fabricated.
Comical.