The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 April 2021, 12:47 AM   #31
pikers
"TRF" Member

I've had two Everest straps and all I can say is 'meh'. The build is fine, their customer service is decent, and the packaging is nice but as other have said, they bow out a bit instead of curving straight down.

If I were to get another rubber strap, it would be a Rubber B.
pikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2021, 12:54 AM   #32
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Rubber B has sharper lines and higher end look. The Everest rubber is easy to spot because it wore flip flops to dinner.
Old 28 April 2021, 01:45 AM   #33
Gerry.GEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp1 Mk2
I have an older Everest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackLVG View Post
I don't know if they is still accurate with the current everest straps as mine are a few years old. But they are compatible with the same size lug width watches. You can use the same strap for a submariner, daytona, gmt for example.

Rubber B is model specific, I can't fit a Submariner strap into a GMT.
It fits my Sub, Z-serial and my Milgauss.
Gerry.GEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2021, 03:10 AM   #34
suux88
"TRF" Member

if tangle and buckle
get everest

the holes are closer together
suux88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2021, 06:12 AM   #35
Stoffel
Banned

I’ve tried both and much prefer the Everest. I like the way the strap curves out from the lugs compared to the Rubber b, maybe the Rubber b would be better for smaller wrists because of that tho?

The tang buckle Everest has closer holes on the strap making it a bit easier to get a good fit.
Stoffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2021, 06:28 AM   #36
HogwldFLTR
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many to list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
These don’t have the Ti inserts like the Oysterflex
Oysterflex is a bracelet and not a strap.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2021, 07:25 AM   #37
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC23 View Post
Everest, rubber b has the worst customer service. just my experience.
I also had a terrible CS experience with Rubber b.

That said, I swallowed my pride and since (years later) have purchased a couple more products. However, nothing specifically comparative to what everest offers. I bought a PAM strap, a patek strap and a rolex gator swim skin strap.

The quality for both companies is insanely good! I think the RB patek strap is of better quality than the OEM. Same for my Panerai strap. The swim skin gator strap for my daytona is pretty incredible too although the sizing off a bit.

All that said, I generally prefer the design of the everest bands for rolex more than the rubber Bs. Everest is objectively more supple right out of the box. Some of this depends on wrist shape and size, but I find the everest band shape, specifically how it comes off the case, to be more more comfortable. The RB sort of drops straight down and the curves back up, whereas the everest band has a better natural curve, more rounded shape coming off the case.

I'm not sure if rubber b updated their designs, but for most models, their straps had to be cut, which I found to be a little annoying, especially since you couldn't utilize the original clasps EZ link. Not sure if they changed that design, and this obviously does not apply to the straps on tang buckle.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2021, 07:57 AM   #38
bremersm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitGang View Post
You may find one fits your wrist better than the other. Everest comes straight out from the lugs more while RubberB angles down more from the lugs.
When I was looking for a rubber strap for my Tudor GMT I did not know that and went with the Everest. I should have looked more at the RubberB.
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2021, 04:31 AM   #39
telljcl
"TRF" Member

I bought both, and prefer the Everest (and now own 3 Everests, sent RBs back). All of mine are for glidelock, so haven't owned the buckle versions. Thought I'd give RB another try about 8 months ago and see if anything had changed - it hadn't, so sent that one back too.

What I didn't like is the edges are 90 degree corners and hard - not comfortable. In addition they look cheap to me -vs- the Everest. As far as the Everest angling down - they do, and I think if you have a small wrist this could be a plus maybe. The Everest is a bit softer and more pliable material, whereas the RB was stiffer (felt cheap) and I feel like I had to tighten the clasp more than I wanted to make it fit correctly. I like the Everest being a more natural curve, and on my 7.25 wrist it sits perfectly - much better than the oyster steel original, which tends to rock to the outside.

The Rubber B customer folks are OK - they'll take care of you if you need it I think, but I have found Everest to be at least a notch or two better in my experience. Rubber B asked me why I wanted to return so I very diplomatically told them the things that weren't great in my opinion and they began to argue with me about it. No big deal, but it's something.

IMO the Rolex Oysterflex takes a number of design cues from the Everest, but I like the curved case fit of the Everest better myself. I don't think Rolex wanted to be so blatant as to copy that too. Oysterflex is a great strap no doubt, and is super well made and I like the vented rib, but just prefer the curved end fit as far as appearance goes.

Lots of folks like both, so to each their own.

My .02 anyway.
telljcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2021, 07:17 AM   #40
StillTrying
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC23 View Post
Everest, rubber b has the worst customer service. just my experience.

True, Rubber B has the worst customer service. I would stay away because I had a quality issue and they would not accept a return or even send me a replacement. Too much money for crappy customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StillTrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2021, 07:33 AM   #41
cattleman41
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR SD43 Sub DJ41
Rubber B
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 025FFD5B-56C2-40CD-A73F-1B16EA23028C.jpeg (131.4 KB, 453 views)
cattleman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2021, 11:10 AM   #42
timegradient
Banned

Rubber B for me.
timegradient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2021, 11:32 AM   #43
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Rubber B for me

Old 2 May 2021, 04:04 AM   #44
Dully
"TRF" Member

Example of my strap off Etsy. After looking at Everest and Rubber B I could discern no difference in quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C544CFC0-0162-451A-81AE-EB50738928AD.jpeg (83.4 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpeg 84536FB6-5D80-4054-AE50-13F120240231.jpeg (85.5 KB, 405 views)
Dully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 04:55 AM   #45
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Vanguard for Tudor.

Rubber B for Rolex.

The End.

The Londonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2021, 10:01 AM   #46
kwokman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
You bought a knock off
I bought it from an authorized Rubber B distributor. I went to a different strap shop and the Rubber B red had similar discolorations, so I bought an Everest from the second shop.

Sent from my SM-N9700 using Tapatalk
kwokman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 07:44 PM   #47
Casotakar
"TRF" Member

Bumping for input.

Does anyone have information if there is a break in period for the Rubber B?

I wanted to buy Everest first, but they don’t have a product for the 124060 yet (I emailed to be sure), so I bought a Rubber B at a local shop. The rear section is fine and with plenty of flex, the front section is what stays stiff and doesn’t curve as well which is not comfortable. The strap looks amazing though, bummed it’s not as comfortable as I wanted it to be out of the box.

Any thoughts on break in period or this Rubber B becoming more comfortable with time? I’m thinking if just switching the two pieces because if I wear watch upside down it feels perfect, I.e. long side of strap facing me.
Casotakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 10:16 PM   #48
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Another option you might like to consider is R Strap, sold by ABP -

https://www.abpconcept.paris/collect...-straps-rubber

I've no direct experience of these particular straps, but I've had custom straps made by ABP for other watches in the past and their quality has always been superb.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 10:40 PM   #49
Casotakar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Another option you might like to consider is R Strap, sold by ABP -

https://www.abpconcept.paris/collect...-straps-rubber

I've no direct experience of these particular straps, but I've had custom straps made by ABP for other watches in the past and their quality has always been superb.

Thank you for the input.

Edit: not compatible with my watch lol. :(
Old 12 July 2021, 11:28 PM   #50
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
Bumping for input.

Does anyone have information if there is a break in period for the Rubber B?

I wanted to buy Everest first, but they don’t have a product for the 124060 yet (I emailed to be sure), so I bought a Rubber B at a local shop. The rear section is fine and with plenty of flex, the front section is what stays stiff and doesn’t curve as well which is not comfortable. The strap looks amazing though, bummed it’s not as comfortable as I wanted it to be out of the box.

Any thoughts on break in period or this Rubber B becoming more comfortable with time? I’m thinking if just switching the two pieces because if I wear watch upside down it feels perfect, I.e. long side of strap facing me.
Rubber B straps are generally quite stiff out of the box. They will soften slightly but not by that much.

What I do with any rubber straps that don't conform to my wrist shape is soften them in hot water, (avoid heating the endlink part) bend them slightly beyond the required curvature and then run them under cold water to "lock in" the curve.

Its a technique G Shock owners have been using for years to deal with stiff rubber straps.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 11:36 PM   #51
Cheng
Banned

RubberB with the glidelock fits just fine.
Cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 11:46 PM   #52
Casotakar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Rubber B straps are generally quite stiff out of the box. They will soften slightly but not by that much.

What I do with any rubber straps that don't conform to my wrist shape is soften them in hot water, (avoid heating the endlink part) bend them slightly beyond the required curvature and then run them under cold water to "lock in" the curve.

Its a technique G Shock owners have been using for years to deal with stiff rubber straps.

That’s a great idea! I will try this on the front portion.

Old 13 July 2021, 12:32 AM   #53
destr0y26
"TRF" Member

Love my Everest!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 114060 Everest.jpg (244.8 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg 114060 Everest Side.jpg (204.2 KB, 320 views)
destr0y26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 12:34 AM   #54
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsurgBM View Post
Rubber B for me

Same. It looks so much better and even though it may be the same quality, Rubber B looks more premium.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 12:20 PM   #55
Hindsight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black Bay, SMP
I've got an Everest band for my Black Bay, and I'm quite satisfied with it. I went back and forth between Everest and RubberB but what eventually sold me was the Everest tang buckle. Not only do they not charge extra for it, I think it matches the lines and aesthetic of the band much better.

There was no noticeable break-in period. I've had it for about six weeks, and I barely wear the Tudor bracelet any more.
Hindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 09:44 PM   #56
TopDog2315
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610/16570/16220
Rubber B

TopDog2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 09:44 PM   #57
TopDog2315
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610/16570/16220

TopDog2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:23 AM   #58
Douglas9700
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Subs
Just received the Rubber B for my 126610. The sides definitely angle down from the watch more than the Everest which has a bit more angling out (have always used Everest for my other watches due to that). For a wide, flat wrist like mine the Everest is a better fit. For others I can see the Rubber B being excellent. Just a matter of which truly fits you better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5384.jpg (70.7 KB, 266 views)
Douglas9700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 01:19 PM   #59
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Question for those who have a smaller wrist, Rubber B strap and running the deployant: Did you have trouble with the 6 o'clock side of the strap since that is not adjustable?

I have a OP39 and wanted to get the Rubber B Strap (had Everest in the past for my old SubC and didn't like how it flared out), but I read that the unadjustable 6 o'clock side is equal to about 5 links. Right now on my bracelet my 6 o'clock side has 4 links and it fits perfect. The clasp is perfectly centered and I am worried that if the 6 o'clock side on the Rubber B is in-fact 5 links long, it will put my clasp very off center.

I have a 6.5" wrist for reference and the Rubber B Oyster Perpetual 39mm strap doesn't any options, just 1 universal size with the cut to fit 12 o'clock side.

Thanks!
Old 20 July 2021, 02:05 PM   #60
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Update: I contacted Rubber B asking what the 6 o'clock side was in length, and they told me it's equivalent to 5 1/2 links (note, I think the straps for the Sub comes with different sizes, so this is for the ones that have a "universal" fitting strap that uses the Rolex clasp).

Knowing that, I think I might have to go Everest since 5 1/2 links on the 6 o'clock side would put my clasp waaayy over towards the 12 o'clock side. Shame, since my small wrist would benefit from the Rubber B's less flared out profile form the case.