The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 July 2021, 09:28 AM   #31
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
3 quick points:
1. I don’t need your permission to be entitled to my own opinion and express it in a public forum
2. I believe ADs have some inventory.
3. Having a camomile with some honey could help you being more calm and less bitter ;)

1. Who says you’re not entitled to your wrong opinion? Doesn’t make it right
2. They don’t, you’re wrong again.
3. I receiced 2 subs and a Batman in the span of 5 months. I’m far from bitter but thanks for caring

Anyways enjoy your conspiracy theory. Maybe bring it up with your AD. They’ll have a great laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thecrownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 09:29 AM   #32
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
All true - it's the actual case and I know from my own relationships from 40 years as an active watch buyer and collector that what you say is absolutely true.

That said, you'll never get the skeptics and conspiracy theorists to retreat. Actual facts are not in their corner...which never seems to make a difference.

Good post. Won't get any traction around here though. They can't have their watch when and how they want so blah, blah, blah the spinning ensues. The truth is always more boring than the fantasy.

Thank you!

People don’t like hearing the truth lol

Old 11 July 2021, 10:24 AM   #33
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrownprince View Post
You clearly don’t know how this works. It’s like talking to a child that doesn’t understand.

They probably got the sub in a shipment a few days after you came. Rolex ships to dealers every week, sometimes even 2-3 times a week a 1 to a few watches each time.

You found a good SA and build a rapport so he/she got you the watch - combination of good rapport and pure luck.

No one is saving a few subs just waiting for “the right customer” - god knows they can sell these to anybody at this point so they ain’t just sitting in the safe.

Since you’re new to this I’m gonna assume you’re naive ways will be clarified once you get to know your SA better and they’ll tell you how it really works.

Until then, stop spreading false information.

Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 10:25 AM   #34
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
3. I receiced 2 subs and a Batman in the span of 5 months. I’m far from bitter but thanks for caring

Anyways enjoy your conspiracy theory. Maybe bring it up with your AD. They’ll have a great laugh

What’s your view on the tea though
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 12:12 PM   #35
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
What’s your view on the tea though

No sugar / honey added, why ruin the flavor? It’s like putting stickers on a watch for “protection”

Old 11 July 2021, 12:19 PM   #36
John S
"TRF" Member

I already fed up with the Rolex AD game. This morning, I went to a V C boutique store (only one in Ontario, Canada), and put a deposit to order an Overseas Dual Time, Blue Dial. No previous sales history, no BS. Just smooth transaction. The estimated arrival date will be 3-6 months.
Old 11 July 2021, 01:31 PM   #37
Roliguy
"TRF" Member

Congratulations
Roliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 01:45 PM   #38
azrolexguy
Banned

Boy, this is a touchy subject. I thought this was a kinder, gentle forum
azrolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 04:43 PM   #39
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Told you… even after 3 Rolex you sound too bitter.
Honey is the cure!

Regarding the inventory, I’m pretty sure they have watches in the safe, then they decide the allocation according to their priority.
How long does it take to do that, it depends from the AD. Of course they move them fast.
This is not your experience, fine.
It’s mine, and it’s shared by many other customers.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 04:49 PM   #40
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
[QUOTE=Ringhio;11571895]3 quick points:
1. I don’t need your permission to be entitled to my own opinion and express it in a public forum
2. I believe ADs have some inventory.
3. Having a camomile with some honey could help you being more calm and less bitter ;)
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 12:55 AM   #41
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Told you… even after 3 Rolex you sound too bitter.
Honey is the cure!

Regarding the inventory, I’m pretty sure they have watches in the safe, then they decide the allocation according to their priority.
How long does it take to do that, it depends from the AD. Of course they move them fast.
This is not your experience, fine.
It’s mine, and it’s shared by many other customers.

You’re literally a child. It’s fine, ok here I believe your fantasy story.

Dealers have 10 submariners and 5 daytonas in the back.

Everybody go to your AD get your sport Rolex it’s just sitting in the vault! Tell them Ringhio on the internet told you so

Old 12 July 2021, 12:57 AM   #42
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrolexguy View Post
Boy, this is a touchy subject. I thought this was a kinder, gentle forum

Nothing about this is unkind. It’s just the truth. I don’t think anyone has said anything personal. It’s how the AD operate. Some will fight tooth and nail to believe some crazy conspiracy that AD don’t want to sell watches, they’re just holding onto them waiting for Brad Pitt or DiCaprio to walk in so they can sell it to those guys…

Old 12 July 2021, 07:10 PM   #43
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Ah… lack of practicality is a sign of our times.
It’s obvious that they have some SS models in the safe.
They allocate them quickly, but they have some.
Otherwise how did they allocated a sub no data to me in less than
5 days?
Considering that I asked on Thursday evening, that they don’t get deliveries over the weekend, and 1 day they were closed.
I don’t doubt that other’s experience might be different, but this is the objective reality.
If there is a waiting list of months/year for a simple sub… how comes they got it ready for me in few hours?
They either have some inventory and they decide how to allocate them, or I’m super lucky, there were zero requests for the sub and they got a delivery the day that they gave me the call.
What are the odds?
Anyway, who cares. This relation with the AD works for me ;)
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 07:16 PM   #44
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
See what they're doing to us? in fighting.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:28 AM   #45
J-rob
"TRF" Member

I would say that the majority of stock comes in and is then immediately spoken for. However I do not doubt for a second that some SS pieces may linger for a few days as the AD decides on the best path forward. They are looking to satisfy existing clients and build new business.

I know one large independent AD that has a sit-down meeting for each shipment to discuss who they will go to. I could see where a watch could sit for a few days if someone declines or a new inquiry is made that sparks their interest.
J-rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:30 AM   #46
Heu
"TRF" Member

Congratulations
Heu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 08:03 AM   #47
MiDoon
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Dude you are absolutely wrong. I went into an AD and talked about watches with the SA. Was told it would be close to a year long wait for ANY SS sport watch. We talked for quite some time about other things. discussed my interest in Rolex. Probably an hour later she old me to wait a second, then went and talked to her manager. Out came an SD43 a few minutes later. The manager came over and offered me my choice of drink, and returned with some bourbon on the rocks.

They explained to me they had been holding the piece for someone and he called an canceled. That they called someone else about it and had been waiting for several days for a return call. If I wanted it I could have it.

Hell man, I even asked if I could have a few days to think about it. early the next week I was wearing it.

So basically what I am telling you is that each AD handles things differently. So don't be so condescending when you tell someone they tell you their experience and their own thoughts. The truth is you may both be right.

By the way, I have been told by my local AD that they keep pieces in the safe sometimes and the SA has to "sell the client." All because of flippers.

Truth be told...
MiDoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 08:09 AM   #48
rolexnyc718
"TRF" Member

Quote:
People need to stop spreading these dumb stories about ADs having pieces in the safe just waiting for the right customers. My friend is a Rolex SA and I’ve been told repeatedly by other insider people as well:

Legitimate AD don’t stockpile subs, daytonas, gmt or whatever you’re dreaming of. When the watches come, they get allocated to a customer. If that customer passes they move onto the next and in today’s climate it’s usually sold within 24 hrs.

They do not get new pieces of that particular model unless they already sold their current inventory (and activate the warranty). I cannot speak for shady AD but legitimate ADs will sell any desirable pieces immediately and most of them are sold within 24 hrs of them landing at the store. If it’s in the safe for more than 24hrs it’s already sold and paid for and they’re only waiting for the customer to pick up.

So stop spreading speculation, lies, or nonsense about ADs being a gigantic vault of 5x daytona and 10x subs just waiting for the right customer they’re in the business to sell. If you don’t know, don’t spread false information.

Disagree, I spoke to an AD that had stock in the back in a well to do area around NYC. He specifically said, if michael jordan came in here and spent 1 million and he asks for a SS Daytona on the spot, I’m going to say I don’t have one for him?

They have stock in the back bro...
rolexnyc718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 08:32 AM   #49
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Who would of thought that a guy who picked the name "thecrownprince" for himself is a total prick? Christ dude, I bet you're a charmer in person. You said people "need to" stop telling their stories, or what you call misinformation. Let me ask you this.. why do they need to? And what can you do about it if they don't, besides sounding like a douche on the internet? The answer is nothing of course. You and every other obnoxious blowhard can do absolutely nothing about it. Guys like you truly do a disservice to the brand you're such a fanboi for. Why can't you just say congrats and be on your miserable way?
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 03:50 PM   #50
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwillis0001 View Post
Who would of thought that a guy who picked the name "thecrownprince" for himself is a total prick? Christ dude, I bet you're a charmer in person. You said people "need to" stop telling their stories, or what you call misinformation. Let me ask you this.. why do they need to? And what can you do about it if they don't, besides sounding like a douche on the internet? The answer is nothing of course. You and every other obnoxious blowhard can do absolutely nothing about it. Guys like you truly do a disservice to the brand you're such a fanboi for. Why can't you just say congrats and be on your miserable way?

Lol you must the sad angry person at every party. I my post only said to stop spreading false info (and many others agreed). You proceed to use name calling to make your point. I’m not gonna stoop to your level. A disservice to the brand? Who are you again? Oh another sad lonely keyboard warriors name calling people on the internet.

Old 13 July 2021, 04:04 PM   #51
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
People need to stop spreading these dumb stories about ADs having pieces in the safe just waiting for the right customers. My friend is a Rolex SA and I’ve been told repeatedly by other insider people as well:

Legitimate AD don’t stockpile subs, daytonas, gmt or whatever you’re dreaming of. When the watches come, they get allocated to a customer. If that customer passes they move onto the next and in today’s climate it’s usually sold within 24 hrs.

They do not get new pieces of that particular model unless they already sold their current inventory (and activate the warranty). I cannot speak for shady AD but legitimate ADs will sell any desirable pieces immediately and most of them are sold within 24 hrs of them landing at the store. If it’s in the safe for more than 24hrs it’s already sold and paid for and they’re only waiting for the customer to pick up.

So stop spreading speculation, lies, or nonsense about ADs being a gigantic vault of 5x daytona and 10x subs just waiting for the right customer they’re in the business to sell. If you don’t know, don’t spread false information.

Get out of here with that, your special friend doesn't represent what the hundreds of ADs do or don't with their allocation, including family owned ADs. You can bet your a$$ off there are pieces in the safe. Same goes for AP and PP and ADs that carry other brands. Even if your scenario is true that they have to sell before next one comes in (it's not true) there are way around it and ways around mostly everything. I do agree that there is plenty of false info around here, OPs story does make perfect sense and you are obviously exaggerating with the number of pieces in the safe.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 04:06 PM   #52
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
Get out of here with that, your special friend doesn't represent what the hundreds of ADs do or don't with their allocation, including family owned ADs. You can bet your a$$ off there are pieces in the safe. Same goes for AP and PP and ADs that carry other brands. Even if your scenario is true that they have to sell before next one comes in (it's not true) there are way around it and ways around mostly everything. I do agree that there is plenty of false info around here, OPs story does make perfect sense and you are obviously exaggerating with the number of pieces in the safe.

Lol ok you believe what you want to believe. I’ll keep getting real pieces with my AD and apparently “fake” story. I’ll stop trying to tell people what actually go on from now on. This community is becoming very toxic.

Old 13 July 2021, 04:18 PM   #53
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Lol ok you believe what you want to believe. I’ll keep getting real pieces with my AD and apparently “fake” story. I’ll stop trying to tell people what actually go on from now on. This community is becoming very toxic.

Yes yes your opinion is the absolute correct and applies to all US ADs even family owned ones, your right your right, none of them have or ever kept anything in a safe even for VIPs. I must have been dreaming every time a hot piece was shown to me magically from "the back" and but was already "sold" waiting for a customer. I could give a crap about how many pieces you acquired, go back to reddit.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 04:20 PM   #54
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Incoming? Maybe…

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
Yes yes your opinion is the absolute correct and applies to all US ADs even family owned ones, your right your right, none of them have or ever kept anything in a safe even for VIPs. I must have been dreaming every time a hot piece was shown to me magically from "the back" and but was already "sold" waiting for a customer. I could give a crap about how many pieces you acquired, go back to reddit.

Why are you so mad? Lol have I touch a nerve? My bad lol. Ok you’re right, the VIP vault has many daytonas waiting… right. Copy that haha

Btw go back to Reddit? THAT is the best you can do? Thanks for the entertainment!

Old 13 July 2021, 04:55 PM   #55
Edwardd
Banned

Congrats, please post pics
Edwardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 05:10 PM   #56
OG1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ36 & BB54
Quote:
Why are you so mad? Lol have I touch a nerve? My bad lol. Ok you’re right, the VIP vault has many daytonas waiting… right. Copy that haha

Btw go back to Reddit? THAT is the best you can do? Thanks for the entertainment!

Got to say Mr crownprince is coming across like a bit of a crownidiot on here...

Nobody is saying all AD have 5 Daytona’s and 10 GMTs out the back, but I can confirm my AD told me they do carry a small volume of stock ready to sell to preferred client and VIPs for when they visit.

You believe what you want, who am I to question what your AD told you? But don't just assume every other AD in the world has the same strategy as yours and then shoot people down if they dare to disagree.
OG1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:32 PM   #57
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
Got to say Mr crownprince is coming across like a bit of a crownidiot on here...

Nobody is saying all AD have 5 Daytona’s and 10 GMTs out the back, but I can confirm my AD told me they do carry a small volume of stock ready to sell to preferred client and VIPs for when they visit.

You believe what you want, who am I to question what your AD told you? But don't just assume every other AD in the world has the same strategy as yours and then shoot people down if they dare to disagree.

Is the forum a place to call names now? Who are you to call someone an idiot. What are you 12?

Old 13 July 2021, 07:43 PM   #58
OG1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ36 & BB54
Quote:
Is the forum a place to call names now? Who are you to call someone an idiot. What are you 12?

I call it as it is and you are coming across as an idiot, sorry if this offends you. Try being less of an idiot and people round here are generally quite nice.

This is an open forum which entitles all users to engage in an open and honest manner. If you come here acting like you have and throwing peoples own experiences back at them as lies then don't be surprised when you encounter a little resistance.
OG1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 10:25 PM   #59
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Who are you again?
I'm the guy who called you a prick. Nice to meet you. Upset about name calling? Aren't you the guy who came in saying that talking to the OP is like talking to a child? Yeah, that was you. Toughen up, buttercup.
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 02:36 AM   #60
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

I walked into an AD two hours before close and was told they have nothing. Then got home and followed up with a somewhat long email talking about my history with watches, attesting that I was not a flipper, etc. The very next morning the AD called and said "they were able to get" the bluesy that I wanted. It's the only AD for hundreds of miles. Highly unlikely the thing happened to arrive from Rolex that next morning. Clearly they had it previously.

But, I have also been told that Rolex corporate is aware of when an AD actually sells a watch and therefore the AD will not get their next allocation piece until the previous one has sold. So an AD wouldn't be able to stockpile 20 LVs in their safe because Rolex would have stopped sending subsequent ones when the first one(s) didn't sell. IF this is true I would say it is a positive thing for the consumer because it does give some incentive to ADs to move product versus hoarding in hopes that a whale will walk through the door.
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote