The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 July 2021, 08:10 AM   #31
Xerxes77
Banned

I love two tone…. But this one not for me
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 08:58 AM   #32
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
I love the CHNR and own full RG one also. The watch is very cool looking and truly versatile.
It looks great in both casual an dress attire. The watch is very versatile and highly recommend it. The full RG one is one of my favorite watches in collection!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 09:55 AM   #33
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
I love it!!
IMG_4783.jpeg
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 10:20 AM   #34
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
I like it much more than the BLNR or BLRO and am used to wearing the 116713LN. The new CHNR is less in your face than the YG TT and is perhaps the nicest Rolex GMT ever made.
It’s very versatile and goes with everything, perfect for a daily.

The whole SS tool watch thing is something I never understood, best material for a diver i.e. is gold. Look how many older Subs have lots of corroded cases. Not so on the gold versions.
Rolex being a toolwatch company ? Way before any Sub or GMT was ever created Rolex launched the DJ in 1945 already and in solid gold. It’s just the best material for a watch.

Gold PCL scratches the same as SS PCL. I have worn both for a long time. The gold holds up very good. Anything that will scratch your gold will also scratch your SS. Touch a brick wall and both get damaged.
Brushed bracelets scratch the same but it is less noticable.

The CHNR I can only buy grey and that’s too expensive for me otherwise I would have bought one. Waiting out for the CHNR on a jubilee. After all a GMT deserves that beautiful bracelet.

Thank you very much for such an informative answer. I had no idea about how gold holds up in comparison to steel. I appreciate you taking the time to provide some knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoctorSpazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 10:21 AM   #35
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Yes. For me.

No. In my opinion.

Yes. And I do.

Very easily. Although no different from any other watch I own which has PCLs.

You are welcome.

Now for the important bit: what do you think of it? Because I won't be buying it for you.

Hahaha and here I was thinking you would buy it for me !

I love it, I just have concerns over the gold portions being a bit too flashy but the comments are making me feel like it’s not the case.

Old 20 July 2021, 10:24 AM   #36
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid1988 View Post
I've always admired the CHNR, but I feel like it's a watch I'll continue to admire from a distance, as I don't think I'd ever pull the trigger on one myself. As another poster mentioned, I think the watch would clash with most of my wardrobe (which also consists of a lot of black and navy). That said, it is a beautiful and unique watch.

It could clash in a good way and be a statement piece vs just blending in?

Old 20 July 2021, 10:25 AM   #37
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
My answers in bold.

Why does practical and Rolex perplex you ?

Old 20 July 2021, 10:26 AM   #38
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
I love two tone…. But this one not for me

Any reason as to why ?

Old 20 July 2021, 10:27 AM   #39
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentM View Post
Back in November 2018, a new Rolex AD opened in my town. I expressed my interest for a Sub (114060) I wish would become my first Rolex. I visited my AD about once a month to show my interest.

On a Friday in February 2019 as I walked in the store, a CHNR and a Bluesy were on display (still possible at that time!). Tried both on and surprise… was stunned by the CHNR. I liked the subtilness of RG and warm feeling of this watch. Bluesy was beautiful but maybe a little too « blingy » for my taste (at that time).

Left the store thinking I would wait for a Sub… but over the weekend I could not forget the feeling I had with the CHNR on my wrist. Went back on Monday and… of course the CHNR was gone. I told my AD that I would be very interested in a CHNR instead of a Sub.

I got the call in April 2019. Never regretted this CHNR as my first Rolex. No problem for a daily wear in my opinion. Since then, I added 3 Rolex to my collection. I still appreciate my CHNR!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

What a marvelous collection !

Old 20 July 2021, 01:33 PM   #40
lcs77
"TRF" Member

Had chnr in the past, and traded with jc dssd. For me Blro > Blnr > Chnr, I prefer ss/full gold than tt, but chnr is one of the best tt rolex.

116515LN - 116600 SD4K - 116710BLNR Batman - 116610LV Hulk - 16013 Datejust - 116500LN Black - 116500LN White - 126710BLRO Pepsi Jubilee - 126610LV - PAM 1321 - 126710BLRO Pepsi Oyster - Hublot Bigbang Unico
lcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:45 PM   #41
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Absolutely gorgeous piece in person. I love mine!!
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:47 PM   #42
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSpazz View Post
Stunning picture

Love that pic
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:47 PM   #43
MannySDG
"TRF" Member

My history with the CHNR is fairly long. My first watch was a 2019 Bluesy which I bought new in August of 2019. I never intended for it to be my daily wear watch, so I usually just used it when going out. During that time, my trusty old mid 90s Tag Heuer was my daily. I figured though, would be nice to daily wear a Rolex, so my interest in the white dial OP39 started. Covid comes around OP39's are nowhere to be found and can't be ordered, buy my AD has a white stick dial/oyster/smooth bezel DJ41. I land up buying it and during that time I see the CHNR for the first time in real life. Prior to this encounter I have seen a few videos of it as my appetite for more Rolex watches made me watch one video after the other. The CHNR was on the wrist of my SA, and while buying the DJ41, my eyes were glued to it. After watching every video on it I could find, I texted my SA and asked if she can get me one, and she did....5 months wait.

What a great watch! I have to admit, it doesn't get all the much wrist time because I consider it my going out watch only. The white DJ41 got replaced with a blue stick dial/fluted bezel/jubilee version, and for me, getting to wear that beauty of a watch every day helps me through the week until I can wear one of my other watches.

Would I daily the CHNR personally? No, I am too obsessed trying to keep it scratch free. Also, that way it feels special every time I do wear it, almost feels like wearing a new watch every time I put it on, same goes for my Bluesy.

Could you wear it every day? Sure! Depending on how careful you are with your watches, and how careful your cleaning technique is, there's no reason it won't survive the daily grind. Wearing my DJ41 made me so "arm aware" that switching to the others doesn't have me think about what I am doing with my left arm, it's basically muscle memory now being careful not to rest the clasp on a table, or even my pants or any other object. I automatically know to control the seatbelt and not let it fling against the watch.

But this me, I am not sure how you treat your watches, but I do know that other forum members call what I am doing "the watch wearing me" but that's just how I am, I am careful with anything expensive that I buy.

Sorry for the long essay, hope you can find one and enjoy one for a long time to come. I, for one, can't seem myself parting with mine. Good luck!
Old 20 July 2021, 03:52 PM   #44
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Any reason as to why ?

I don’t like the bezel…. I think this with a black bezel looks gorgeous
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 05:17 PM   #45
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcs77 View Post

Had chnr in the past, and traded with jc dssd. For me Blro > Blnr > Chnr, I prefer ss/full gold than tt, but chnr is one of the best tt rolex.

One man does not need all this power.

Old 20 July 2021, 05:33 PM   #46
DoctorSpazz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySDG View Post
My history with the CHNR is fairly long. My first watch was a 2019 Bluesy which I bought new in August of 2019. I never intended for it to be my daily wear watch, so I usually just used it when going out. During that time, my trusty old mid 90s Tag Heuer was my daily. I figured though, would be nice to daily wear a Rolex, so my interest in the white dial OP39 started. Covid comes around OP39's are nowhere to be found and can't be ordered, buy my AD has a white stick dial/oyster/smooth bezel DJ41. I land up buying it and during that time I see the CHNR for the first time in real life. Prior to this encounter I have seen a few videos of it as my appetite for more Rolex watches made me watch one video after the other. The CHNR was on the wrist of my SA, and while buying the DJ41, my eyes were glued to it. After watching every video on it I could find, I texted my SA and asked if she can get me one, and she did....5 months wait.

What a great watch! I have to admit, it doesn't get all the much wrist time because I consider it my going out watch only. The white DJ41 got replaced with a blue stick dial/fluted bezel/jubilee version, and for me, getting to wear that beauty of a watch every day helps me through the week until I can wear one of my other watches.

Would I daily the CHNR personally? No, I am too obsessed trying to keep it scratch free. Also, that way it feels special every time I do wear it, almost feels like wearing a new watch every time I put it on, same goes for my Bluesy.

Could you wear it every day? Sure! Depending on how careful you are with your watches, and how careful your cleaning technique is, there's no reason it won't survive the daily grind. Wearing my DJ41 made me so "arm aware" that switching to the others doesn't have me think about what I am doing with my left arm, it's basically muscle memory now being careful not to rest the clasp on a table, or even my pants or any other object. I automatically know to control the seatbelt and not let it fling against the watch.

But this me, I am not sure how you treat your watches, but I do know that other forum members call what I am doing "the watch wearing me" but that's just how I am, I am careful with anything expensive that I buy.

Sorry for the long essay, hope you can find one and enjoy one for a long time to come. I, for one, can't seem myself parting with mine. Good luck!

Thanks for the excellent response ! What ever happened with the Tag? How do you feel about wearing the DJ daily - have you ever found it too formal ?

Reading how you handle your watches, sounds exactly like me. I am very hyper aware of where my wrist is and what’s going on around it.

Funny enough my hunt for the perfect white dial watch continues and I hope they bring back the OP in white sometime soon.

Old 20 July 2021, 05:51 PM   #47
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

Stunning watch and very tempting.

I would not question its ability to hold up as a daily wear. I rotate mainly between a VC overseas dual time on rubber strap, a white gold daytona and an explorer and the occasional g-shock. I also have a TT DJ rose gold Wimbledon dial and that I only wear on the weekends as the rose gold feels a bit too flashy for office life, but that is an entirely personal choice. I don’t wear Royal Oak during the week for the same reasons.

I think it is all a question of what you are comfortable wearing in the environment you spend your days in.
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 06:17 PM   #48
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hahaha and here I was thinking you would buy it for me !

I love it, I just have concerns over the gold portions being a bit too flashy but the comments are making me feel like it’s not the case.

Sorry, I'm saving up for a PM. You know I would if I could.

Have you seen a Milgauss, particularly in sunlight? It's blinding, and the only gold is on the dial. The CHNR is visually very clever and subtle in a number of ways IMO, and it goes well with me. To see one for yourself is to know for sure. I wouldn't have bought mine off photos, but when I saw one at my AD I couldn't stop looking. At first I didn't think it was the same watch.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 09:42 PM   #49
roadie1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Divers, GMT
How do we feel about the two tone CHNR?

I wear my tt CHNR everyday, wearing everything and doing most everything. This includes hiking, light trail running, shallow diving, snorkeling, mellow kayaking, glamping, hanging out at home, restaurants and bars and dare I say…..work. Yuck!
I don’t wear it when mountain biking or doing something that would cause great harm.
It still looks great although does have a few scratches. I don’t mind at all. Gives it a bit of character. Makes it mine. My full gold is reserved for other times.

roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 09:56 PM   #50
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Great pics,,
Told we will receive ours within this year,,,
A watch that looks incredible in the flesh,,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 10:27 PM   #51
Newmoney
Banned

It’s lit
Newmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 10:32 PM   #52
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
TT CHNR is the most gorgeous TT. I love all GMTs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex 126719-6A.jpg (289.2 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex GMT-2A.jpg (235.2 KB, 156 views)
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, YG Carree, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 11:26 PM   #53
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
We love it.

Old 20 July 2021, 11:49 PM   #54
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
I’m feeling pretty good about this one.
Versatile, beautiful, with a hint of yesteryear charm. Love it

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 11:54 PM   #55
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Easily the best looking TT sports model Rolex produces. Gorgeous piece and the RG holds the flash factor down just enough for casual wear IMO.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 12:30 AM   #56
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Saw the CHNR at a local AD last year.

I didn't like the colour combination on the bezel and I can't seem to get used to rose gold, it looks too coppery. I don't know why but I find it kind of muted, it's not a "happy" watch and you really need to like brown. All very personal of course. Many people seem to love it.

I’ll say it, it’s not the watch, it’s me .
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 09:24 AM   #57
MannySDG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the excellent response ! What ever happened with the Tag? How do you feel about wearing the DJ daily - have you ever found it too formal ?

Reading how you handle your watches, sounds exactly like me. I am very hyper aware of where my wrist is and what’s going on around it.

Funny enough my hunt for the perfect white dial watch continues and I hope they bring back the OP in white sometime soon.

No I don't find it too formal. Once I get my Pepsi it will probably help sharing daily duties. The Tag is in my watchroll, needs a battery though.

For another white dial watch, I would probably go for a YG DD40....but one crisis at a time....