The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 10 September 2021, 04:41 AM   #31
1sttimerolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Buckle is another $500ish i think
Yes, I do remember them saying it was extra, just wasn't sure what the price was. Thanks!
1sttimerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 06:00 PM   #32
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post
4 new colours is correct and they are not LE

i have ordered a grey one for my black dial DT - PN# VMXF083030
The boutique in HK can not confirm that these straps are available. When they input the PN # in their system it does not give any information. VC works in mysterious ways in terms of information sharing, since certain regions can already order straps and others is not even aware that they exist.

Anyone else who has ordered the new colors or even confirmed with their boutique that its possible to order?
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 04:20 PM   #33
Watch2019
"TRF" Member

Can check out Delugs’ Instagram page. They are offering to take orders for 1 week the production of custom Overseas straps.
Watch2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 04:40 AM   #34
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch2019 View Post
Can check out Delugs’ Instagram page. They are offering to take orders for 1 week the production of custom Overseas straps.
They do mainly leather, which I don't think is an issue with getting it from the boutique anyway? There are plenty of options available.
Rubber is the tricky one
tufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 02:18 PM   #35
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
The boutique in HK can not confirm that these straps are available. When they input the PN # in their system it does not give any information. VC works in mysterious ways in terms of information sharing, since certain regions can already order straps and others is not even aware that they exist.

Anyone else who has ordered the new colors or even confirmed with their boutique that its possible to order?
Mine was sourced from the Australian boutique (Melbourne), may be worth reaching out - PM me if you would like the SA's email address.
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 03:14 PM   #36
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post

The boutique in Singapore also said they have no record of these new Overseas strap. Strange....
Old 16 September 2021, 09:29 PM   #37
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
I think it's just a matter of time before we see more companies such as Delugs selling aftermark good quality straps as they have demonstrated that with some R&D it's possible to replicate the quick change strap system. They are now offering different clasp tapering sizes and 100 leather combinations

Hope that RubberB or Everest will start to produce soon rubber straps for the VCO given the huge demand.
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2022, 12:14 PM   #38
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Reviving an old thread just to give my wife the biggest shout out in the history of shout outs. When she asked what I wanted for my birthday this year (Halloween) I told her “A manufacture orange rubber strap for my 4500v”. That’s all I said.

I had just purchased the watch earlier this month and knew this was an impossible ask. 100 made world wide for one year in 2021. We’re now in October 2022. Might as well have asked for a unicorn.

So what does she do? Somehow tracks one down from a collector in Australia who had saved his, unworn, with the original packaging and sales invoice.

My jaw will be on the floor for a long, long, long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2022, 12:25 PM   #39
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Great story, although the orange strap is not a limited edition anymore. I just ordered one from the VC boutique!
gmtmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2022, 08:57 PM   #40
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post
Great story, although the orange strap is not a limited edition anymore. I just ordered one from the VC boutique!

What!!!??? I chatted with their e-boutique and they told me they’re not available! Aaahhhhhhhhh!

Old 2 November 2022, 01:16 AM   #41
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Called the NYC boutique and they told me while the orange is no longer limited edition it's still limited production and they're on allocation. She said they do come up for sale but remain extremely difficult to get because of the demand. Lucky!!!
Old 2 November 2022, 01:18 AM   #42
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymonster View Post
What!!!??? I chatted with their e-boutique and they told me they’re not available! Aaahhhhhhhhh!

I got one from my boutique about a month ago. It was the last one in the store when I asked and she said they may receive a few more the following week, she did say that they sell out as they arrive as a lot of people was asking for it, and they do not offer to everyone walking through. ( she may just want to make me feel special :lol)
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2022, 02:52 PM   #43
stockae92
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toproll85 View Post
Rubber or leather is cool, but above all, steel is something! You might as well focus on it and wear it. Each link worked, bevelled by hand, inside. Comfortable but feeling of robustness. It is high quality but not bling bling, shiny like RO. The buckle and its micro-adjustment...that of the Nautilus is a real joke.
My god, open everyone's eyes, this is the best of the trinity!
The day will come when the brand's aura will rise, the Overseas deserves and has specificities above its sisters.

I keep hearing the same thing. VC has best bracelet out of the 3. PP felt filmsy, AP felt industrial.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2022, 08:49 PM   #44
Ducky Magoo
"TRF" Member

Just got the yellow from vagenari. Looks more like a mustard yellow than bright yellow. On the plus side, they did include the small hardware that connects the deployant to the strap so no need to change it back and forth.

Ducky Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2022, 11:22 PM   #45
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
vagenari, just as good as the OEM
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2022, 03:01 PM   #46
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

The ones from Vagenari do seem attractive and good quality. However wouldn't they be a copyright infringement by producing an identical product? I know the brand name is not the same but if you look at the texture, pattern they are the same.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2022, 08:27 PM   #47
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Also, i believe the Vagenari don’t have the double metal bands inside the rubber like the official ones . It’s just rubber.
Old 4 November 2022, 03:44 AM   #48
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Also, i believe the Vagenari don’t have the double metal bands inside the rubber like the official ones . It’s just rubber.
So $250 for pure rubber. Pretty good profit margin I imagine...
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2022, 08:07 PM   #49
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So $250 for pure rubber. Pretty good profit margin I imagine...
I’d be surprised if it costs them more than 20 dollars to manufacture!
Old 5 November 2022, 09:42 PM   #50
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Love em all
Quote:
I’d be surprised if it costs them more than 20 dollars to manufacture!

I remember from when delugs was doing the VC straps the hardest part was making sure the connection pieces matched up perfectly. With the rubber you have molds etc.

Definitely a good margin but probably high costs to get it to the point of manufacturing.

Old 5 November 2022, 10:06 PM   #51
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
doesn't matter to me. it wears well
great value and way easier to get
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2022, 10:18 AM   #52
remz07twos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The ones from Vagenari do seem attractive and good quality. However wouldn't they be a copyright infringement by producing an identical product? I know the brand name is not the same but if you look at the texture, pattern they are the same.
Hard to lose sleep when you’ve already fought tooth and nail to get the hard to get allocation only watch. I’m not playing a game for some $350 strap after begging to spend $22500 on the watch already. It’s not like VC can’t produce more straps, I’m sure they get them from a vendor anyways who already provides all the other straps without issue.

It’s a big joke.
remz07twos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2022, 01:50 PM   #53
IGotId
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remz07twos View Post
Hard to lose sleep when you’ve already fought tooth and nail to get the hard to get allocation only watch. I’m not playing a game for some $350 strap after begging to spend $22500 on the watch already. It’s not like VC can’t produce more straps, I’m sure they get them from a vendor anyways who already provides all the other straps without issue.

It’s a big joke.
Agreed
IGotId is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2022, 01:24 PM   #54
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtmister View Post
They do now, someone posted up the green version and it had the metal structural inserts - they were not as pronounced as the OE example though.

I'm still on the fence if to try them, I only wish VC had the availability Vagenari do.
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2022, 02:09 AM   #55
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

I am pretty sure I've seen people pairing the Everest straps with a blue/black 7900v on social media. I am just not sure if they have the Everest VCO themselves so they can pair it that way.

Does anyone know if we can order the Everest straps. I like the subtle orange stitches and the navy fabric.
rico7rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 09:38 AM   #56
Coffes4closers
"TRF" Member

The way the boutique responded to me when asking to buy a red rubber strap after excitedly picking up my dual time after a substantial wait, makes me want to sell the watch. The snobbish attitude ruined my excitement about the brand, and I will certainly not purchase another one.

I much prefer my AP 26331ST blue more than the VC, but that boutique makes me equally as sick with how they treat customers… and I’m an easy going, normal dude. The snobby bullshit is ruining this hobby. F*ck these boutiques.
Coffes4closers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 10:06 AM   #57
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
Icon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffes4closers View Post
The way the boutique responded to me when asking to buy a red rubber strap after excitedly picking up my dual time after a substantial wait, makes me want to sell the watch. The snobbish attitude ruined my excitement about the brand, and I will certainly not purchase another one.

I much prefer my AP 26331ST blue more than the VC, but that boutique makes me equally as sick with how they treat customers… and I’m an easy going, normal dude. The snobby bullshit is ruining this hobby. F*ck these boutiques.
the issue is- people keep putting these brands on pedestals. being part of the 'trinity' (whatever that means,) begets such snobby attitude. people will do anything these days apparently to get on the good graces of the brands.

i've said before- watch collecting journey is now simply the 'watch game.' pay to play, pure and simple. customer service, satisfaction, end to end support, memorable experience, etc. is a non starter anymore to these brands.
sski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 10:01 PM   #58
Watchflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffes4closers View Post

Have you asked again recently? They are legitimately limited from what I understand.

I was able to get a red strap a week ago - going to pick it up tomorrow.

Old 23 November 2022, 08:18 AM   #59
Watchflair

Old 23 November 2022, 12:13 PM   #60
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
White, Black and Blue are staple VC straps. You should be able to order them from a VC boutique. I’m not so sure about the brown straps.

Beige & Orange were a very very limited (100) seasonal and now sold out release. I was lucky to get both of them from VC boutique. Although to be honest, I prefer the Orange much more than the beige. I put the beige one on the watch may be once.

Wow, that Dual Time looks fantastic with the blue shade.....
danwang0520 is offline   Reply With Quote