The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 June 2024, 07:23 PM   #31
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
I've always found the GMT to fit a little looser and the Daytona a little tighter, probably due to the respective case size of each.

But, there isn't much difference, if any, between them in terms of overall fitment. To be fair, I don't own a 12-series Daytona, so it might be different.
This, definitely - with the easylink closed, the bracelet on the Daytona is definitely slightly smaller than the GMT with all links installed in the bracelet
Old 21 June 2024, 09:07 PM   #32
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
This, definitely - with the easylink closed, the bracelet on the Daytona is definitely slightly smaller than the GMT with all links installed in the bracelet
Hey Neil,

I noticed you also have the Sprite and the 126500. I have a 7.75-8 inch wrist so it looks like I’ll need more links than what comes on the Daytona?. When I got the Sprite, I had to get an extra link. Also, how does the comfort of the Sprite compare to it?. Thanks
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2024, 11:19 PM   #33
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTX View Post
Hey Neil,

I noticed you also have the Sprite and the 126500. I have a 7.75-8 inch wrist so it looks like I’ll need more links than what comes on the Daytona?. When I got the Sprite, I had to get an extra link. Also, how does the comfort of the Sprite compare to it?. Thanks
Hmm, interesting - I have a 7.5inch wrist and didn't need an extra link with my VTNR, I have all links in place and the micro-adjuster set to the centre point on the clasp. With the 126500 I have all the links in and the micro adjuster set to the centre point, too. I think you'll be fine with it set the same as the GMT.

However, I just noticed that the Daytona has 7 links at the back, and 5 links at the front. Whereas the GMT has 6 links each side. I haven't changed either of them as they both fit great from when I collected, so I'm unsure if this is correct.
Comparing both together, the circumference of the Daytona with bracelet, fully linked, is definitely slightly smaller than the fully linked GMT.

Anyway - the Daytona is one of those watches you can put on and after a very short time, you forget you're wearing it. The case shape hugs the wrist just right, and the weighting is perfect.
After wearing it for about a month straight, this highlighted to me how big the GMT feels in comparison - the GMT certainly feels like a wider, heavier, thicker watch. And it should, because it is, (apart from thickness) but nevertheless, the GMT is still extremely comfortable.
Old 21 June 2024, 11:23 PM   #34
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Well, whaddya know, it's correct

Old 21 June 2024, 11:52 PM   #35
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, whaddya know, it's correct

Appreciate the info Neil. I’m guessing your Sprite is on an Oyster. My Sprite is on a jubilee so I’m guessing that’s why I needed an extra link. With my Bluesy, the Osyter bracelet fits fine with all the links. I’ve never tried a Daytona on but from all my research, everything seems to suggest it’s a very comfortable watch especially with the wider case back. Thanks for confirming that. I’m thinking the Daytona will fit my 7.75 inches fine as is. Am I wrong to assume it’s your favorite in your collection?. :-)
Old 21 June 2024, 11:57 PM   #36
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTX View Post
Appreciate the info Neil. I’m guessing your Sprite is on an Oyster. My Sprite is on a jubilee so I’m guessing that’s why I needed an extra link. With my Bluesy, the Osyter bracelet fits fine with all the links. I’ve never tried a Daytona on but from all my research, everything seems to suggest it’s a very comfortable watch especially with the wider case back. Thanks for confirming that. I’m thinking the Daytona will fit my 7.75 inches fine as is. Am I wrong to assume it’s your favorite in your collection?. :-)
Ahh yes, of course - yes it is indeed on Oyster.

The Daytona, after having it for a month is probably already made it close to the top spot in terms of being my favourite, yes. Apart from my BLNR which is my most special for other reasons, like I got married in it etc. But yeh, to me, the Daytona is worth ever moment of the long ass, 8yr wait. Made it all the more special to finally get that call.
Old 22 June 2024, 12:05 AM   #37
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ahh yes, of course - yes it is indeed on Oyster.

The Daytona, after having it for a month is probably already made it close to the top spot in terms of being my favourite, yes. Apart from my BLNR which is my most special for other reasons, like I got married in it etc. But yeh, to me, the Daytona is worth ever moment of the long ass, 8yr wait. Made it all the more special to finally get that call.
I also have a feeling that the Daytona will take the top spot in my collection. Love the Sprite though and that jubilee bracelet is sublime!. I’ve been looking at pictures of the Daytona for years but I think the time has come to get one. I hope to get one soon, just hopefully it won’t take 8 years like you :-). My AD has been real good to me and one of the coolest and realest guys I’ve met and I have this gut feeling, one is coming very soon!. Thanks again for your insight.
Old 22 June 2024, 05:40 AM   #38
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Daytona, apart from if you listen to the hype haters, is an amazing piece, some don’t get on with it, but I can tell you it feels so good on, it’s like you have all the history on your wrist if you buy into it .. I think the Daytona is such a good watch, size, look, feel, comfort .. with so many variations to it ..
Paul Newman
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote