The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 June 2020, 06:16 AM   #31
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Could be completely non issue. AD is supossed to have card signed, but could be completely credible reason why it is unsigned, and as far as I know Rolex doesn't enter the buyers name with the purchase.
Old 28 June 2020, 11:55 AM   #32
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Buy the seller first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 12:05 PM   #33
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Remember to buy the seller first. I have also had blank warranty cards but never had to present it to an AD for service.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 12:07 PM   #34
watchyoutalkingbout
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't buy. What's so special about that particular watch - is it price. Myself, as a novice - I would only buy from super trusted sellers on line with reviews, stars, etc. Can you buy that same piece from DavidSW, OCWatch, or someone similar. Then ask them for a discount maybe??
watchyoutalkingbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 12:45 PM   #35
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Chrono 24 Rolex purchase SCAM or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice2cu2 View Post
He is a private seller so maybe this is the first watch he is selling. If he would be a dealer that probably is sketchy.

The red flags are waving and you’re offering explanations for the the seller rather than pressing the brakes. That is a sign you’re not really listening to the advice.

First off, you have access to the same watch model here in TRF from trusted sellers who also have blank cards. So I can only guess the price is driving your desire with a zero feedback seller on C24. And one who has no way to be fully vetted.

Red sky at morning, sailor take warning is the message here methinks.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 01:01 PM   #36
Me4u2night
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Some watches are sold to the grey market with no name, I imagine it’s the same with the retail market. But my understanding, if any changes are made to the warranty card, ie name written in, it voids the warranty.

Buy the seller.
Me4u2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 01:15 PM   #37
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Seeing the number of people who have uttered the phrase "buy the seller" on this short thread makes me think of realtors saying "location, location, location."

I agree that the potential savings seems small to go with someone with no feedback. I've never bought on C24, but imagine if there's a problem, the headache to correct it or get a refund would make the 300 Euros saved seem pretty insignificant.
Old 29 June 2020, 05:18 PM   #38
glamorama
"TRF" Member

I had a funny encounter on C24 when selling a dress watch. This guy with a familiar name asked a few questions and quickly made an offer. I said actually I already had higher offers, he said I see and raised above asking price.

Accepted the deal and then you get to see the address where to send it. Doing some googling I got suspicious if this really was the person in question as the address was to a let’s say a very aristocratic place in U.K and the buyer was supposed to be 70+ of age.

A common thing in fraud is that the person is claiming to be a person of authority to give instant trust. Anyway I politely asked if it indeed was him which he confirmed. I though ok my money is anyway protected with escrow and from the pictures on internet the guy had similar style watches.

In the end everything was fine, he received the watch in good condition and accepted to pay out of escrow within hours of receiving it.

The worst experience selling on C24 was when selling a gold Rolex. Got tons of strange offers of people wanting to come and pay in ‘cash’...
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 05:35 PM   #39
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The red flags are waving and you’re offering explanations for the the seller rather than pressing the brakes. That is a sign you’re not really listening to the advice.

First off, you have access to the same watch model here in TRF from trusted sellers who also have blank cards. So I can only guess the price is driving your desire with a zero feedback seller on C24. And one who has no way to be fully vetted.

Red sky at morning, sailor take warning is the message here methinks.

Sound advice and I do agree (I wouldn't buy the watch myself).

However, I do notice the advice is always to buy from a trusted TRF seller, makes sense when you are in the USA but for those of us that are not, whilst not out of the question its certainly a less attractive option.
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 08:19 PM   #40
nice2cu2
"TRF" Member

Guys,

Thank you for you answers and advice. i decided to pay a bit more and go with Verified dealer with positive reviews. Chrono 24 told me that with verified dealer I can even return the watch within 14 days if I changed my mind. They will return the money no problem.

Will pull the trigger tomorrow.
nice2cu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 08:27 PM   #41
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
I bought 7 Rolex grey and all with my name.

At the time of purchase from an AD you don't need to write your name since Rolex doesn't keep track of ownership.
You can write Donald Duck for all they care or simply nothing.

Nice to have the option to fill in your own name
Does this mean if you buy a watch that has some other name on the warranty card, you can’t get warranty or send it in for service to a RSC sometime? I’m getting my Chrono24 purchase on Thursday.
Old 30 June 2020, 09:07 PM   #42
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

how do you find out your reviews on chrono24? I sold 2 Rolexes early this year, both were serviced by rolex and very reasonable prices and happy customer by message, but I had no idea private sellers could get reviews or I would have ensured they both left a review (would have asked nicely)

Any way you can check? Can’t see a ‘reviews’ section it on my profile. I want to ask them retrospectively if not

Also my exp I sold which I bought new from AD in 2014 did not have my name on the card. Used as another selling point, new customer can put their name on it. Seems pretty pointless but some people like that stuff
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 09:08 PM   #43
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Does this mean if you buy a watch that has some other name on the warranty card, you can’t get warranty or send it in for service to a RSC sometime? I’m getting my Chrono24 purchase on Thursday.
No. Name or no name means nothing regarding warrantee. the watch is under warentee, not the present owner
Old 30 June 2020, 09:26 PM   #44
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
No. Name or no name means nothing regarding warrantee. the watch is under warentee, not the present owner
Whew, that’s good to know. My first purchase ever outside of an AD. Thanks for the info!
Old 30 June 2020, 11:21 PM   #45
mmaggi
Banned

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice2cu2 View Post
I guess it is hard for me to buy a seller because it is Chrono 24. He has no reviews and has been a seller since 2016. That is all I know about him unfortunately.
The problem isn't Chrono24. The problem is he has NO reviews. Because of that, I wouldn't buy from him.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 11:29 PM   #46
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
The problem isn't Chrono24. The problem is he has NO reviews. Because of that, I wouldn't buy from him.
How does a private seller get reviews on chrono24
Old 30 June 2020, 11:35 PM   #47
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Done an extensive search and can confirm private sellers do not have the ability to have reviews. Not one private account has reviews. I think reviews are for authorised chrono24 dealers
Could be wrong but that’s what it looks like