The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 September 2024, 05:56 AM   #31
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

WG meteorite daydate 40 incoming

Well today I am happy to report I picked up the White Gold meteorite Daydate 40mm, naturally thrilled, dial and watch are stunning and I look forward to some serious wrist time with the watch...

As with other Saudi/Bahrain ADs, Daydates are readily available in most configurations and I have attached pics of some other offerings, notably some exotic dials namely aventurine and carnelian which I had not seen before, platinum meteorite with diamond bezel, plus quite a bit of bling....

General availability was good, with Explorer 2, deepsea, Wimbledon dials all available as well as two tone and full gold GRNR, rootbeer and full gold rootbeer, a number of daytona oysterflex including the RG sundust, two tone yachtmaster with chocolate dial, and stainless with slate dial and pretty much every oysterflex yachtmaster and WG/YG gold subs....pretty good overall selection if anyone is passing through this area...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0085.jpg (168.0 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0015.jpg (140.6 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0019.jpg (174.2 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0026.jpg (227.7 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0072.jpg (217.6 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0029.jpg (223.2 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0028.jpg (261.7 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0114.jpg (180.3 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0093.jpg (76.0 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0115.jpg (135.8 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0032.jpg (102.2 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240907-WA0031.jpg (147.2 KB, 284 views)
Rolexnabzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 06:27 AM   #32
Sergio_UKR
2024 Pledge Member

First of all, congrats! That is one hell of a DD!

Second of all, that is rather crazy availability at AD. What is driving it? Are prices higher in Saudi/Bahrain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sergio_UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 04:58 PM   #33
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

Thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio_UKR View Post
First of all, congrats! That is one hell of a DD!

Second of all, that is rather crazy availability at AD. What is driving it? Are prices higher in Saudi/Bahrain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, it's definitely an amazing piece, will enjoy wearing it often...

Yes the Daydate references seem to be in abundance here, the pictures at the start of the thread and the latest ones are from just two ADs....even the coveted dials and platinum have good availability, maybe the availability is due to market demands but to be honest have not seen many in the wild here....

Sadly Saudi retail pricing is on the higher side, Bahrain is definitely a bit better and with the option of claiming back approximately 8% at the airport in Bahrain it becomes very reasonable....also the AD will discount certain daydate models especially the diamond bezel references bringing those to US retail pricing before tax...
Old 8 September 2024, 05:30 PM   #34
SMPc
"TRF" Member

Looks amazing, congratulations!!!
SMPc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 08:26 PM   #35
Sothy
"TRF" Member

Congratulations! Looks amazing!!

(Team YG here, but you can't go wrong with that gorgeous dial!)
Sothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 08:55 PM   #36
MarioB83
"TRF" Member

Amazing purchase and great availability report.
Congratulations
MarioB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 09:17 PM   #37
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 10:03 PM   #38
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Gorgeous DD! BIG CONGRATS!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 10:07 PM   #39
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations OP
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 10:08 PM   #40
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Having recently tried on a 228236 Platinum Ice blue dial with diamond baguettes hour markers, this would be the one. This blew me away
This is what’s called foreshadowing … Congratulations in advance
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 11:03 PM   #41
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Spectacular! Huge congrats!!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 11:42 PM   #42
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
From outter space to the wrist. Great choice ! Wow
Wear in good health.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 12:30 AM   #43
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

that's a sick piece, congrats

that aventurine dial looks unreal too
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 12:40 AM   #44
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexnabzy View Post
Thanks, it's definitely an amazing piece, will enjoy wearing it often...

Yes the Daydate references seem to be in abundance here, the pictures at the start of the thread and the latest ones are from just two ADs....even the coveted dials and platinum have good availability, maybe the availability is due to market demands but to be honest have not seen many in the wild here....

Sadly Saudi retail pricing is on the higher side, Bahrain is definitely a bit better and with the option of claiming back approximately 8% at the airport in Bahrain it becomes very reasonable....also the AD will discount certain daydate models especially the diamond bezel references bringing those to US retail pricing before tax...

Does that mean the lacquer Dial is readily available there? Bec it’s a joke in the U.S.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 01:21 AM   #45
Carguy87

Watch: JC 126660
Wow that’s the one!! Congrats on the meteorite!!
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 02:31 AM   #46
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
In the market for a DayDate, one reference I do not own currently...
Went into W&W thinking the Blue Ombre 40mm on white gold would be my favorite combination, however left being stunned by the green ombre/gold combo, yet as with any watch decided to make the final decision after some wrist time...

Fast forward and the AD received both dials albeit with diamond bezels and told me to come in and have a look, although I will eventually purchase the fluted variant. However this gave me the opportunity to see the dials in the 'flesh' and I was able to check out a couple of other interesting variations, one of which i have really taken a liking to

Green ombre on yellow gold - as I had previously thought this was a stunning combo and there is something with green dials that really appeals to me, plus the gold roman numerals really stand out on the dial..would also have a matching watch with the wife

Blue ombre on white gold - on wrist this did not tick all the boxes for me, funny thing is in pics it actually looks better to me than the green ombre, but not on wrist for me although the dial is beautiful...also in certain light and maybe can be seen by my pics, the lower numerals were very hard to read in the dark blue sections of the dial which would be a hindrance....

Slate Ombre on rose gold....this dial was incredible, really had a presence about it, actually prefered it to the green and blue...super classy....issue for me here is the rose gold, not quite sure I could pull it off, but that dial is fantastic....

Olive green on rose gold....given how much I loved the Slate dial, the olive green did not stand a chance although I do like a green dial, plus the whole rose gold thing, but I can see why this reference has gained such a following...

Meteorite baguettes on platinum....would not personally buy a platinum watch as I see more value in buying a white and yellow gold watch for the price of one platinum but that's just me....however this gave me a chance to check out the dial and this was a winner for me....I think meteorite dials may not picture well but in person they are so very special looking and although I'm not a fan personally of diamond bezels I do like a diamond dial, so this was the clear winner for me out of all I tried and I left knowing that I should have one meteorite in my collection someday...

Would like to give a special shout out to my buddy aka the sales rep as he took the time to go through all of these watches knowing full well that if I purchase one it will be from another country next door as that will save me 8 to 12k USD, but he still gave me the time and we always have a blast hanging out....

Sorry for the long post and equally sorry for the pic intensive thread, but it may help out others with the same predicament when choosing one of these beauties
I would probably go Meteorite but there is no bad option.
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 03:27 AM   #47
Space1970
"TRF" Member

I imagine it was a lot more fun (if not easier) making your decision after seeing so many variations in person

Congratulations on your wonderful looking new watch!
Space1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 05:07 PM   #48
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

Try before you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space1970 View Post
I imagine it was a lot more fun (if not easier) making your decision after seeing so many variations in person

Congratulations on your wonderful looking new watch!
Firstly, Thank you all for your kind words....

Absolutely helps getting to try on so many variations, in fact had previously decided that at some point would purchase WG Blue Ombre and YG Green Ombre but after trying on the meteorite that changed, also now have an interest in the Slate Ombre/RG after trying that reference....also at one point thought about one of the full diamond dials but after trying that on realized the dial made it very difficult to tell the time which sort of defeats the purpose

I have actually not seen the green laquer dial on display, not sure if they have one in the safe but will ask when I go back to resize my watch later this week....
Old 9 September 2024, 05:59 PM   #49
Space1970
"TRF" Member

I think you made a great choice as the WG and meteorite looks so refined

Having so many DD options in 40mm is great but it made it harder for me to decide when looking online

But when they're in front of you some don't grab your attention the way you thought they would (like you and the WG blue ombre dial) and others start shouting 'look at me over here!' despite not previously having been something you'd considered

Kudos to the AD and I'm looking forward to reading your thought on the lacquered dial as I think it would be a perfect partner/contrast to your new watch
Space1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 09:04 PM   #50
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Well today I am happy to report I picked up the White Gold meteorite Daydate 40mm, naturally thrilled, dial and watch are stunning and I look forward to some serious wrist time with the watch...

As with other Saudi/Bahrain ADs, Daydates are readily available in most configurations and I have attached pics of some other offerings, notably some exotic dials namely aventurine and carnelian which I had not seen before, platinum meteorite with diamond bezel, plus quite a bit of bling....

General availability was good, with Explorer 2, deepsea, Wimbledon dials all available as well as two tone and full gold GRNR, rootbeer and full gold rootbeer, a number of daytona oysterflex including the RG sundust, two tone yachtmaster with chocolate dial, and stainless with slate dial and pretty much every oysterflex yachtmaster and WG/YG gold subs....pretty good overall selection if anyone is passing through this area...

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 03:29 PM   #51
Dr.Stu

Congrats! Awesome pickup! I went in to see the DD40 Slate Ombre dial & went home with... the WG DD40 Meteorite! It is an absolutely amazing piece (& I ordered a 5/4 link for a perfect fit)! I'm now waiting for a RG DD 40 Eisenkiesel dial, but my AD has "no idea" if they will see one- though they have been trying to get one allocated for me.
Old 10 September 2024, 04:16 PM   #52
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Stu View Post
Congrats! Awesome pickup! I went in to see the DD40 Slate Ombre dial & went home with... the WG DD40 Meteorite! It is an absolutely amazing piece (& I ordered a 5/4 link for a perfect fit)! I'm now waiting for a RG DD 40 Eisenkiesel dial, but my AD has "no idea" if they will see one- though they have been trying to get one allocated for me.
Yes the meteorite dial on wrist is mesmerizing, definitely realize you are wearing something very special in the way it presents itself and the fact each one is unique and the origination of the stone/rock....Congrats on a great reference....

I am interested to get your take on the Slate as I was really taken by that dial as well
Old 11 September 2024, 02:00 PM   #53
Dr.Stu

Really loved the RG Slate Ombre and was lucky enough to see it in person & try it on at my local AD- Bucherer. It has an extremely classy & upscale look and is befitting of being the Oscar watch. In indirect light it takes on a bit of a brownish tone b/c of the RG, but in brighter light the slate gray/black gradient is more obvious. I would have bought it on the spot but for two things: 1) I am simply not a fan of Romans, though the deconstructed Romans of this dial come pretty close for me, and 2), I was waiting to see the stone Eisenkiesel dial with the diamond baguettes, which I now have seen, and which is spectacular!
Old 11 September 2024, 02:52 PM   #54
Johnnnymac
"TRF" Member

Meteorite!
Johnnnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 04:58 AM   #55
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Stu View Post
Really loved the RG Slate Ombre and was lucky enough to see it in person & try it on at my local AD- Bucherer. It has an extremely classy & upscale look and is befitting of being the Oscar watch. In indirect light it takes on a bit of a brownish tone b/c of the RG, but in brighter light the slate gray/black gradient is more obvious. I would have bought it on the spot but for two things: 1) I am simply not a fan of Romans, though the deconstructed Romans of this dial come pretty close for me, and 2), I was waiting to see the stone Eisenkiesel dial with the diamond baguettes, which I now have seen, and which is spectacular!
Couldn't agree more on the Slate dial, very classy and upscale in appearance, seems like an Eisenkiesel is in your future 👌

I also find that baguettes elevate these daydate dials ever so nicely...