The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 June 2024, 10:07 AM   #31
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Kat!

Even I can admit as a happily married man with a lovely family, he's not a bad looking chap!

Don't be rude Scotty.

Nothing that a dentist and a speech therapist couldn't fix.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 11:28 AM   #32
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
Can’t wait for the incoming! I love finding well cared for 5-digits. And the 14060 has long been one I’ve wanted but haven’t yet. Perhaps in due time, but more importantly, this thread has been super helpful, indeed. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
Get the 2 liner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Daytona View Post
They are great ones! If you are admiring the 2 liner go for it. I’ve always loved those as well, but I think if I go back to 5 digit diver it will be a 16600. The 14060 I’m sure is a much better wearer though. As a sucker for old Bond movies I’ve always wanted one, but I think I’m my own worst enemy on that one. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
The 4 liners also have the engraved rehaut. Both are great. Try to find one in original condition and you won’t be disappointed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csaltphoto View Post
I've worn mine everyday for over 5 years. You really can't go wrong. Classic design and so comfortable. Oddly enough, being a little more understated than the 6 digits also makes it a little more "dressy" if that is the right way to think about it. So a bit more versatile. The chunkier/shinier aspect of the 6 digits makes them a little more sporty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
I have a two-line 14060m, “battered” as Adrian says, that is my knockaround weekend watch. Bought it right, not a treasure but wears its history with dignity. I enjoy the vintage vibe of the two lines, unengraved rehaut and lug holes and the Luminova still glows. Have considered trading up with it but never have. Its nice to have a Rolex around that I can wear for tasks without worrying about. Its here to stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rhino View Post
I've worn my 14060M every single day since gifted by wife in 2005 in all conditions, locations, and environments until earlier this month when I acquired a second Rolex, in effect retiring it to one half full time duty as I swap these two out every other day or so. I've never tired of my two line no date sub - wearing it with as much joy and enthusiasm today as any day - but I needed more than one heirloom watch so I can be fair to our sons someday. I'll never stop wearing it until my heart no longer beats in my chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rhino View Post
My 14060M Sub was provided with the newer non-wood box and no anchor in October 2005.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
Yes, thanks for the information illiguy (and link Scottyboy), and the good questions Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoNeal View Post
[IMG]rolex by Nacho Neal, on Flickr[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohada View Post
I posted earlier on another thread concerning the 5 digit Sub.

Over the past few months, the 5 digit Sub and Explorer II have been speaking to me. So, I bought a 2001 14060M with (what I understand to be) the updated COSC (though not tested as such at the time) movement. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me. I'm drawn by the functional tool watch aesthetic of the two line Sub and the turn of the century Explorer II. Visible lug holes, smaller dial indices (smaller than my Pepsi), visible adjustment holes on the clasp, aluminum bezel, two lines of text, and utilitarian integration of the fliplock have drawn me in. I like the more mechanical, simplified look of the design. The 14060M is a very clean and refined looking watch for those looking for something old school. Very comfortable. Currently eyeing an Explorer II from the same era. Tried one on today and it fits in a similar fashion as my 14060M.

I love the overall refinement and luxury look of my more modern Rolex watches, but this is a nice change of pace. Enjoy, I know I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiBezel View Post
I tried on a 14060M today as well - they are so nice!

One additional difference, a 14060M circa 2002 “should” have a flat four on the 40 of its bezel insert. A 2011 would have a pointed 4.

A 2011 should have a short “f” in FT (circa 2007-8 the first 4-liners had a “long good F” (LGF)” dial.

A 2002 2-liner would have the long F in FT.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
Mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry62 View Post
January 2010 my first ever purchase, new Serial V

then years later Serial U 14060 cal 3000 no cosc only swiss

today ser Z

the 14060 all always pierced lugs have no SEL

Brian I share the most beautiful submariner ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apdl View Post
IMO, the 4 liner with ROLEX engraving is the one to get
Thanks very much everyone for your comments, informative, and beautiful pictures

I’m going to see if I can check one out in person on the weekend. It certainly looks the part and it’s been so many years since I owned a 5 digit. I’ll be excited to try one on in person
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 11:16 PM   #33
spellmanski
"TRF" Member

I'd personally go for a two liner, tritium. Alternatively, depending on the color in your collection, you could consider the LV?
spellmanski is offline   Reply With Quote