The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 12:01 PM   #31
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

This has happened to me more than once as I split time between homes. On both occasions my AD simply took a payment over the phone and held the watch until I picked it up. One occasion was several weeks. Not sure why they could not do this for you.
thatswhatshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #32
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Congrats on your new Panda, Op, if you really want the Polar ,ask the SA to speak to manager explain your situation and ask him to hold the Polar until Monday. Remember the manager does the allocations and has the power to anything he or she sees fit. Offer a deposit which I’m sure he/she will decline. Because of WOS policy. You have waited and we all have a life to live and responsibilities.

WOS does not care about their customers but there is always that exception.

Best of luck with whatever you decide..if it doesn’t work out at least you tried.
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #33
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

This really seems like an arbitrary policy that can only be a huge turn off to a busy consumer.

I have had an AD tell me this policy only applies to new Rolexes, not CPO or any other watch brands sold in the store. What?

Why do dogs lick their balls?
Laine V38 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 SS - Baltic Aquascaphe SS - Garmin Approach S62
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune/Lava
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 PM   #34
APhound
"TRF" Member

I had this happen when i got the call for a watch from a dealer I put my name down with while on vacation. Said I had to be there w in 48 hrs and I said ok and flew down and got it.. the next time they were able to take a cc over the phone and I picked it up a month later no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:24 PM   #35
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

This AD treats its customers like beggars. Skip
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #36
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
OP-

Assuming they are a jewelry store, you should go to their website and find some nice , expensive, diamond earrings.

Call them up, say you want to purchase them now and offer to give your card over the phone. Tell them you will pick them up with ID and the credit card used at the end of the week.

I guarantee you they will be OK with it. Right before giving them the last 3 digits of your card , simply say…

“Shoot, I forgot you don’t allow payment over the phone, I remember that policy from when I tried to buy a watch here”
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote