The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 December 2012, 09:57 AM   #31
Minuteman

I just got mine and it looks and feels very good. It is a little short for my wrist and I had to use a couple of links from the bracelet, as you can see in the picture.

Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2012, 01:21 AM   #32
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
I just got mine and it looks and feels very good. It is a little short for my wrist and I had to use a couple of links from the bracelet, as you can see in the picture.
What size is your wrist?
bgbg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2012, 04:50 AM   #33
Minuteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbg13 View Post
What size is your wrist?
19,5 cm. Just a little over 7,5 inches which is pretty standard. Maybe it is something I'm doing wrong? I thought this was fool-proof, and not even I should be able to sc**w up this.

Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2012, 07:15 AM   #34
clubsta
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I like it
clubsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2012, 07:17 AM   #35
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

Okay, the new clasp came in (actually comes with a ss band bracelet as well) and this thing is AMAZING!!! Besides the polished center links (taking it to my local jeweler this weekended to have it brushed out) and no coronet, this thing looks, feels and works just like the glidelock. It flips open just like the easylink, only instead of that being the only adjustment, you can adjust it up and down, then lock it right back in. Great weight and feel. It is not cheaply made at all. I was very surprised for that price (about $50). I do not think the seller of this actually knows what he has, otherwise it could easily be triple the price or more. If you can even get the OEM glidelock you are looking at about $1,800 and that's just for the clasp, this has a bracelet as well (not that I would ever use it since I have the oyster for that). To me this is very very close to the same thing. Clasp is made of 316L SS, so still very high quality.
I think I may have found the perfect combination of clasp and strap for what I am looking for. I'll post more after I have worn it for a while to see how it works out in the field.

Old 22 December 2012, 07:21 AM   #36
clubsta
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Where did you buy this clasp? I'm interested.
clubsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2012, 08:55 AM   #37
Culley22
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsta View Post
Where did you buy this clasp? I'm interested.
x2

Just because I don't want to take mine off of the band. :)
Culley22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2012, 01:41 AM   #38
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

I received a lot of inquiries over last night as to where I have purchased the clasp and the strap, so I will post a link to make it easy for anyone who is interested. Mod's I apologize if we are not supposed to post links, but this is easier for me than replying to all the pm's and emails and I think this way it will help anyone who comes across this in the future as this thread gets buried with all the others over time.

First off I would like to mention how I came about this clasp, as it was great customer service that you seldom come across anymore. After I received my strap from Everest Watch Bands, I was contacted by them to find out my thoughts on it. This is not uncommon as I have had this happen before from other small (and smart) companies. I informed them that it seemed good out of the box, soft and pliable for rubber, but I needed time to wear it if they really wanted the truth. The only thing I wish it had was a clasp it came with so I did not have to take apart my Oyster, and preferably a glidelock style as that seems to be the best fit and most comfortable. I can see why it is made to integrate seamlessly with the OEM clasp and links as many people want to use as many authentic Rolex parts as possible, but I am someone who would prefer to leave my bracelet they way it came, and I am not bothered by not having my clasp say Rolex on it. Immediately I was sent a link to the clasp I was looking for and a thank you for taking the time to let them know how they could better their product. They informed me that they knew this seller, they could vouch for them, and that the clasp and bracelet was a very high quality aftermarket product that should be what I was looking for. Not many companies would go out of their way to not only check with consumers on how they could improve their product (and actually listen to them) but also help a customer source something from another company that they could not provide.
I was very surprised and happy with what they have done for me, and I am glad I can share it with the rest of you. This strap and clasp, IMHO, are of the highest quality and I would be curious to hear what others think if anyone does purchases either of these.
Here is the link to the aftermarket clasp. You can find the watch strap by googling Everest Watch Bands. To me, while neither of these are official Rolex parts, they both feel as if they were. I can't speak for the longevity of if either will hold up after daily use as we all know Rolex products will, but for under $200 if was worth a shot for me.
I will follow up after I have used both daily for about a month or so. But for now I am off to have the center links brushed out, should be perfect after that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20mm-Stainle...item2c6acbb91b
Old 23 December 2012, 07:10 AM   #39
Culley22
"TRF" Member

clasp on order. Thanks!
Old 23 December 2012, 08:35 AM   #40
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Nice job Gents!
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2012, 01:04 AM   #41
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

Merry Christmas to all. The clasp has been brushed and looks great! Could not be happier with the strap and clasp for comfort and looks. Now we will see how it holds up under daily use for a while.

Old 25 December 2012, 04:00 AM   #42
Culley22
"TRF" Member

Nice look!!

Actually went back and ordered 2 of the clasp/bands. Also reached out to Everst to find out what the status of the orange and Green bands were (I was a backer), as those will dictate when the setup gets put together.

Kind of bummed as I wanted the Orange band for the 216570 EX2, so it matched the orange hand, buuuuut currently the bands are only made in 20mm...so i guess my purchase of teh 216570 will have to wait, and i'll get a 16570 in the time being. :)

They did say that they are working on 21 and 22mm bands.... Not sure how far out they are though.
Old 25 December 2012, 06:09 AM   #43
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

I'm sure it won't be long b4 the 21 and 22mm are out. This strap on a deep sea would be incredible, and you could still use the glide lock with it.
Old 7 January 2013, 09:01 AM   #44
Culley22
"TRF" Member

This thread is worth a bump.

Got my clasps in. Sized them on a "similar product" in dimensions.

The clasp is STOUT. Almost too stout. My biggest negative is how hard it is to open it (need assistance from a key or screwdriver). However, I bite my nails and that probably plays a factor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (235.8 KB, 217 views)
Old 7 January 2013, 09:02 AM   #45
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

Nice
Old 7 January 2013, 09:08 AM   #46
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Looks good
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2013, 09:10 AM   #47
Culley22
"TRF" Member

Now to just buy the watch to go with it. hahaha. It's in the queue, but trying to find the right deal on the Ex2.
Old 7 January 2013, 11:16 AM   #48
tdegroot
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M & SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culley22 View Post
This thread is worth a bump.

Got my clasps in. Sized them on a "similar product" in dimensions.

The clasp is STOUT. Almost too stout. My biggest negative is how hard it is to open it (need assistance from a key or screwdriver). However, I bite my nails and that probably plays a factor.
Thanks for the info. I was going to try one but I don't think using a key or a screwdriver to open it would suit me well.
tdegroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2013, 11:22 AM   #49
bgbg13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdegroot View Post
Thanks for the info. I was going to try one but I don't think using a key or a screwdriver to open it would suit me well.
I can get both mine open fine. It is not as easy as others, but no worries of it going anywhere. It is solid. It should loosen up over time.
Old 7 January 2013, 11:40 AM   #50
Culley22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbg13 View Post
I can get both mine open fine. It is not as easy as others, but no worries of it going anywhere. It is solid. It should loosen up over time.
Yup. Brand new and tight is all. I like it this way too (I know it isn't going to pop off). Over time I see it being easier to pop open, however I'm not too worried about it one way or another. The clasp being aftermarket, and this set up will work nicely.
Old 11 January 2013, 06:10 AM   #51
rolexposeur
"TRF" Member

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently received a rolex gmt master 2 as a gift, and it is fantastic. Although I think the stainless steel bracelet looks awesome, I wanted to change it with a rubber band to give it a different look, and so I purchased the Everest band and bgbg's highly recommended after-market clasp/bracelet.

I will admit that the after-market clasp looks nice from a cursory glance; however, it does not come close to the build-quality of the original rolex bracelet/clasp. All the hinges/links are loose compared to the original, so much so that I question its durability. In addition, my clasp had black debris within its crevices that took me about an hour to clean as I did not want any of it getting on my rolex.

I'm relatively satisfied with the clasp even with all the negatives as it does what it is supposed to do, but again, I question its durability which is my biggest concern because I do not want it failing on me and thus damaging the watch.

For the price ($50 with shipping), I do not know if I should be expecting more in terms of build-quality, but I do know that I did not want to spend over a $1000 on a genuine rolex clasp.

As for the Everest band, it hasn't been tested under the elements yet, but it has met all expectations so far as it looks and feels great.
rolexposeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2013, 09:59 AM   #52
Culley22
"TRF" Member

its in

Well, I went back and forth on which Ex2 to get, and decided both. But since my Everst bands are on in 20mm, they get to grace the 16570. So...here it is. I have to apologize for crappy pics, but I took them with my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20130116-00067.jpg (68.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130116-00072.jpg (83.5 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130116-00073.jpg (102.7 KB, 160 views)
Old 18 January 2013, 04:09 AM   #53
Culley22
"TRF" Member

Two more pics, a little better quality (but with the same POS phone).

Old 13 September 2013, 10:38 PM   #54
kiong27
"TRF" Member

Does anyone knows what's the smallest size it can go?
kiong27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everest , everest strap , glidelock replacement , oyster replacement , rubber