The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 December 2009, 11:57 PM   #31
RolexPete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mk2
Funny how people migrate to Rolex from other watches. I started with Tag Heuer, then went to Omega, and finally Rolex. Having collected all 3 brands, I have stayed with Rolex for over 10 years now. I sold all my Omegas, all but 1 of my Tags, and have 3 Rolexes.
RolexPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2009, 05:58 AM   #32
Playdrv4me
"TRF" Member

Watch: the 4Sale section!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLamarine View Post
Funny how people migrate to Rolex from other watches. I started with Tag Heuer, then went to Omega, and finally Rolex. Having collected all 3 brands, I have stayed with Rolex for over 10 years now. I sold all my Omegas, all but 1 of my Tags, and have 3 Rolexes.
LOL, I think it was always Rolex for me... When I was probably 9 or 10 years old, maybe younger, I was standing in front of Moretti's Fine Jewelry back when they had a location in North Star Mall in San Antonio... There I overheard the salesman telling the customer about this $13,000.00 watch (which I presume was a DD). It struck me that a WATCH could cost more than a CAR (which to a 9 year old brain is difficult to surpass) and I had a fascination with them ever since.

I'm pretty sure I went straight from Casio to Rolex :p I say PRETTY sure because I can't remember if my first luxury watch was a 1987 black dial Airking on steel, OR my other perennial favorite (which I'm quite fond of and have owned quite a few examples of) the Concord Impresario Chronograph with the El Primero movement.

In any case, I can't think of any other brand short of PP that could steer me away from Rolex.
Playdrv4me is offline   Reply With Quote