The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 December 2006, 12:26 PM   #31
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoney46 View Post
Damn! JJ I've figured it out so you can keep the TT YM and get the TT Blue SUB. Just go around and take some of those fantastic pix sell them and in no time you'll have that TT Blue Sub. You take some awsome lookin pics. BTW the subject matter is photgenic!!

Steve
LOL! Thanks, Steve, but in all honesty, my pictures are nothing compared with some of these guys here like Mike, Chip and a few others. No one would want to buy my pics!!

Have to agree on one thing though....the watch is photogenic!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:26 PM   #32
miner
"TRF" Member

Hey JJ give the fat lady some time, she may still sing!
BTW I think the YM goes well with the ss sub as opposed to the ss sub and a tt sub.
miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:28 PM   #33
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Hey JJ give the fat lady some time, she may still sing!
BTW I think the YM goes well with the ss sub as opposed to the ss sub and a tt sub.
Fair enough, Miner....but I do wish I could some day own all THREE!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 9 December 2006, 12:31 PM   #34
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Thanks, Ian....we'll see how it goes. I shall be wearing it only on weekends....got my trusty 16610 for daily use.

Cheers - JJ
Well you better take care of it - I don't want a beat up watch!

P.S. - Do you finance?

:-)
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:32 PM   #35
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fair enough, Miner....but I do wish I could some day own all THREE!!
Yeah but then you would be breaking the rule of the Sith, JJ. There can be only two. No more, no less.
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:33 PM   #36
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.thomas View Post
Well you better take care of it - I don't want a beat up watch!

P.S. - Do you finance?

:-)
No finance....do not believe in it either way. If I buy something, it's gotta be FULL cash. If I can't afford it, I won't bother....as simple as that!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:33 PM   #37
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Yeah but then you would be breaking the rule of the Sith, JJ. There can be only two. No more, no less.
You guys are driving me round the bend....but then I've been there....like more than just once!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:35 PM   #38
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You guys are driving me round the bend....but then I've been there....like more than just once!!

And I've not asked how the flock have taken the recent turn of events. I trust you've broken the news to the woolly fellas?
Old 9 December 2006, 12:37 PM   #39
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:

And I've not asked how the flock have taken the recent turn of events. I trust you've broken the news to the woolly fellas?
Would you believe they were all prancing around me bleating with joy!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:39 PM   #40
ezmoney46

Watch: several
Yep, That;s a good rule of thumb. If you ain't got the cash it might as well be trash. I went down that credit road 20 years ago and gave it up for freedom. Only bill I've got is the Mortgage and I'm pay as much extra as I can to knock it out earlier.

Steve
ezmoney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:40 PM   #41
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Would you believe they were all prancing around me bleating with joy!!
Only because it means they get the weekend off now you are sat admiring the YM and reading TRF!
Old 9 December 2006, 12:48 PM   #42
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Only because it means they get the weekend off now you are sat admiring the YM and reading TRF!
Good point!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:55 PM   #43
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good point!!
Its 3am here and I'm at work at 9! G'night JJ, enjoy that Yammy my friend.
Old 9 December 2006, 01:00 PM   #44
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Its 3am here and I'm at work at 9! G'night JJ, enjoy that Yammy my friend.
Good night, pal.....it's 4 pm Saturday afternoon here....so you really should be in bed at 3 am your time!!

Old 9 December 2006, 01:10 PM   #45
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
JJ, if you're interested in a trade for this TT black Sub, PM me. It's the big one on the left (obviously, the smaller Rolex's are Nancy's Cellini and her 50's vintage). It's an N serial 1992, fresh from a $1,038 overhaul at the Toronto RSC, and includes EVERYTHING it was born with, both boxes, booklets, hang tags, anchor, RSC service box and receipt, everything except the original sales receipt:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Rolex siblings1.jpeg (244.0 KB, 49 views)
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 01:10 PM   #46
ezmoney46

Watch: several
9pm here Friday night so I can stay up late and play on the forum as long as I can stay awake NO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!!
ezmoney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 01:11 PM   #47
SeaGoer

Watch: TT YM, TT GMT IIC
The TT BLUE YM is a stunning watch JJ. It's got a bit of blink but just the right dose to be good!

Remember these words?

"Today being Friday, I decided on the Yammy and showed it to my sweet young 23 year old colleague.

Her words are as stated above. She asked me to take it off my wrist and she then began to fondle the raised markers on the bezel and gaze longingly at the gorgeous blue dial. And then she said....

"Hmmmm....this one's different from the black and silver one....very nice, JJ!! Very beautiful indeed!"

She just about made my day!!
"

Also dont forget what the wiseman said:

Yammy and happy wifey > Subby and unhappy wifey

You got one of the real lookers in the Rolex lineup, wear it and enjoy it! Down the line, when you are ready go for the next!
SeaGoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 01:21 PM   #48
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGoer View Post
The TT BLUE YM is a stunning watch JJ. It's got a bit of blink but just the right dose to be good!

Remember these words?

"Today being Friday, I decided on the Yammy and showed it to my sweet young 23 year old colleague.

Her words are as stated above. She asked me to take it off my wrist and she then began to fondle the raised markers on the bezel and gaze longingly at the gorgeous blue dial. And then she said....

"Hmmmm....this one's different from the black and silver one....very nice, JJ!! Very beautiful indeed!"

She just about made my day!!
"

Also dont forget what the wiseman said:

Yammy and happy wifey > Subby and unhappy wifey

You got one of the real lookers in the Rolex lineup, wear it and enjoy it! Down the line, when you are ready go for the next!

Wow!! You've either managed a damn good search or have the memory of an elephant!!

But you're right....it's quite a stunner and I think I'll just hang on to it!!

Old 9 December 2006, 01:22 PM   #49
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
JJ, if you're interested in a trade for this TT black Sub, PM me. It's the big one on the left (obviously, the smaller Rolex's are Nancy's Cellini and her 50's vintage). It's an N serial 1992, fresh from a $1,038 overhaul at the Toronto RSC, and includes EVERYTHING it was born with, both boxes, booklets, hang tags, anchor, RSC service box and receipt, everything except the original sales receipt:
Thanks, Alcan...but don't much care for the TT Black Sub. Besides, I do have the SS Black Sub-date to give me all the black I need!!

Old 9 December 2006, 02:24 PM   #50
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

honestly Im glad you kept it. Thats a beautiful watch. Maybe later when you get tired of it again huh. Plus you have a sub already. Wear it well...i know i would.
veilstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 02:48 PM   #51
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Sorry to hear your dream of a TT Sub didn't come true. However, remember that you're very blessed to have a TT YM. It's a beautiful watch!
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 03:09 PM   #52
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilstylez View Post
honestly Im glad you kept it. Thats a beautiful watch. Maybe later when you get tired of it again huh. Plus you have a sub already. Wear it well...i know i would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanitis View Post
Sorry to hear your dream of a TT Sub didn't come true. However, remember that you're very blessed to have a TT YM. It's a beautiful watch!
Thanks, guys....yes, it is quite stunning!!

Old 9 December 2006, 09:49 PM   #53
AJC

JJ,

Here is the solution.Sell Zemina's lady YM.Let her wear the blue TT YM,that you can borrow for photo opportunities.

This way you can -

a) Get the TT Sub

b) Get rid of a small watch

c) Keep the gorgeous and very sharp looking YM

and

d) Use the TT YM as a Xmas gift for Z.(Women look hot in full size YMs.)

Through this thoughtfull gift everyone wins.
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 11:44 PM   #54
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
You KNOW I was pulling for the TT Blue, but your decision is definitely a good one. Your wife is wise, and now you have your two Rollies back with you.

All is well with the world! Cheers, and wear both in peace and harmony!!!
Old 10 December 2006, 12:33 AM   #55
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Do you still think Mansour's is such a great AD? Sorry JJ, but it's just a watch although it is your dream
Old 10 December 2006, 03:07 AM   #56
allan
"TRF" Member

You did it right JJ!

your TT YM is absolutely beautiful and it's a more prestigious watch than the TT blue sub so what the hell! It's even more expensive and you wanted to change it? I think you took the right decision : it's brand spanking new and really gorgeous so what the hell? Why did you want to change it?

Wear it in good health and enjoy it very much!

Allan (wearing a 16234 on jubilee...)
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2006, 03:09 AM   #57
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
your TT YM is absolutely beautiful and it's a more prestigious watch than the TT blue sub so what the hell! It's even more expensive and you wanted to change it? I think you took the right decision : it's brand spanking new and really gorgeous so what the hell? Why did you want to change it?

Wear it in good health and enjoy it very much!

Allan (wearing a 16234 on jubilee...)
Thanks, Allan....yes, perhaps I was a bit too impetuous. Now that I have it, I think I'll just hold on to it for the "bling bling" weekends!!

Old 10 December 2006, 03:12 AM   #58
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch View Post
Do you still think Mansour's is such a great AD? Sorry JJ, but it's just a watch although it is your dream
Well, Frans, yes I think Mansor's is still a great AD. This whole episode was NOT his fault. How was he to know that that old tosser would take so long and finally not come up with the balance payment.

I don't trust such kind of customers. He obviously doesn't have the kind of cash it takes to buy a watch of this calibre and was merely mucking all of us around. Well, he missed out and can go to bloody hell for all I care!! His deposit will be held in credit in the store. He will now have to purchase something to the tune of that deposit at least.

JJ

Old 10 December 2006, 04:51 AM   #59
fat-sam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso Duoface
your YM is a far less common site, and as much as i crave th TT blue sub, i have(thanks to your pics) found myself searching for the money to buy your YM, i 'could', but i would be gaining a TT YM, and losing a wife apparantly!- seems we all bow to the same pressures (im still considering it though )
my humble advice would be to store the YM with all its tags etc attached, in a box and wrapped up-ignore it till christmas, i have an idea you will be tearing the paper off to get at it on christmas morning, if your as sad as me you may even feel guilt at your disloyal attempted actions towards it

and remember, when you buy your grail watch.... what then? look at gollum when he finally got 'the ring' - its for the best mate
Old 10 December 2006, 05:28 AM   #60
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-sam View Post
and remember, when you buy your grail watch.... what then? look at gollum when he finally got 'the ring' - its for the best mate
My precious....