The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: I am fascinated most by the...
Dial 31 60.78%
Bezel 6 11.76%
Crown 2 3.92%
Bracelet 8 15.69%
Clasp 1 1.96%
Crystal 0 0%
Cyclops 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 February 2007, 01:53 AM   #31
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
It is the amazing combination of all these elements that make for such a strong and perfect watch. Plus the history, and the clear feeling that there is simply ONE PRODUCT in the world that won't change course and sell out to Asia or downgrade. It is the one company that truly manifests excellence, has always had that in its history, and will in generations to come. Changes and improvements will come slowly and only wtih much thought. I am most fascinated by one of the most well deserved trade names in the world.
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 01:57 AM   #32
Dimitris

the obssesion with perfection
Dimitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 02:09 AM   #33
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

The Dial
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 02:10 AM   #34
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
It is the amazing combination of all these elements that make for such a strong and perfect watch. Plus the history, and the clear feeling that there is simply ONE PRODUCT in the world that won't change course and sell out to Asia or downgrade. It is the one company that truly manifests excellence, has always had that in its history, and will in generations to come. Changes and improvements will come slowly and only wtih much thought. I am most fascinated by one of the most well deserved trade names in the world.
That pretty much says it all

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
A. Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 03:07 AM   #35
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Of these choices on the poll I must say the dial, But theres so much more to love about these watches even if it is physically like the case or movement etc
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 03:19 AM   #36
Chimpy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega AT
For me, it's the bracelet and the name accompanied with the history behind it. I wait tables for a living right now (21, in college) and with my Date on layaway and behind totally obsessed with Rolexes, my tables seem to give me a more generous tip if I've voiced my notice for a great looking Sub or Datejust and get into the story that I'm waiting until I get my first one.
Chimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 03:40 AM   #37
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree 100% you have summed it all up nicely... they could produce a watch cheaper and makemore profit by outsourcing but choose not too... how many companies can claim that these days?

Also should'nt the "movement" be listed as a reason to buy a Rolex as well?

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 03:46 AM   #38
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingblackbolt View Post
I agree 100% you have summed it all up nicely... they could produce a watch cheaper and makemore profit by outsourcing but choose not too... how many companies can claim that these days?

Also should'nt the "movement" be listed as a reason to buy a Rolex as well?
Apple can!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 05:12 AM   #39
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Guys, guys....

The purpose of this post was to find out which ACTUAL PHYSICAL part of a Rolex you liked.....not its history or background or blah, blah, blah.

I just wanted to know what appeals most to you when you actually LOOK at a Rolex. So no point in talking about irrelevant things like history, etc. If we want history, there are watches out there with a far better history than that of Rolex.

Let's just talk about the PHYSICAL and appealing aspects of the watch.

Thanks - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 05:14 AM   #40
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Guys, guys....

The purpose of this post was to find out which ACTUAL PHYSICAL part of a Rolex you liked.....not its history or background or blah, blah, blah.

I just wanted to know what appeals most to you when you actually LOOK at a Rolex. So no point in talking about irrelevant things like history, etc. If we want history, there are watches out there with a far better history than that of Rolex.

Let's just talk about the PHYSICAL and appealing aspects of the watch.

Thanks - JJ
Wow JJ, Tell us how you REALLY feel-don't hold back next time, tosser.

Old 26 February 2007, 05:18 AM   #41
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Jacobs View Post
Wow JJ, Tell us how you REALLY feel-don't hold back next time, tosser.
Well, maybe it was my fault....I didn't make it very clear in my very first post of this thread.

I was only interested in what appealed to you guys on immediately looking at a Rolex....not the bloody history, etc. etc.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 26 February 2007, 05:20 AM   #42
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Well, maybe it was my fault....I didn't make it very clear in my very first post of this thread.

I was only interested in what appealed to you guys on immediately looking at a Rolex....not the bloody history, etc. etc.

JJ
Well for the record, I did say that the dial was the most appealing, so there you go.

Old 26 February 2007, 05:22 AM   #43
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Jacobs View Post
Well for the record, I did say that the dial was the most appealing, so there you go.

You, me and 23 other tossers (thus far!!)

Old 26 February 2007, 10:22 AM   #44
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
OK JJ, what fascinates me the most is the word ROLEX on the front of the dial. That very word on the dial fascinates me the most. It is a powerful word.
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 10:24 AM   #45
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
OK JJ, what fascinates me the most is the word ROLEX on the front of the dial. That very word on the dial fascinates me the most. It is a powerful word.
Agreed - 100%!!

Old 26 February 2007, 11:06 AM   #46
Xkalifornian
Banned

Watch: 7016 snowflake
For myself, when I view the simple Submariner/Seadweller as the stainless bracelet flows so elegantly into the deep black of the dial which is impeccably framed by the deep black bezel. We are so used to seeing this standard bearer over the decades on Rolexes as well as the others who have "borrowed" this design. We sometimes don't give it a second thought. It has been and always will be The classic design which all others are compared to. It is a true work of funtional art. And very manly at that.
Xkalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 11:10 AM   #47
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkalifornian View Post
For myself, when I view the simple Submariner/Seadweller as the stainless bracelet flows so elegantly into the deep black of the dial which is impeccably framed by the deep black bezel. We are so used to seeing this standard bearer over the decades on Rolexes as well as the others who have "borrowed" this design. We sometimes don't give it a second thought. It has been and always will be The classic design which all others are compared to. It is a true work of funtional art. And very manly at that.
Great compliment on a truly iconic timepiece.

Old 26 February 2007, 11:26 AM   #48
puffnmo

For me it's the pure clarity of the design, and the clean lines, perfect edges. Those are a very distinctive Rolex feature, common to every single one I have ever seen. Larry.
puffnmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2007, 11:37 AM   #49
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust

got to go with the dial currently, looks much better than my crappy camera skills.
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote