The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 9 March 2007, 10:58 PM   #31
shane1
"TRF" Member

I don't have any
Old 9 March 2007, 11:32 PM   #32
CREAM
Banned

OK, where all my haters at?

I took pictures of the Sub collection and the YM collection. It's a real pain in the ass to take each watch out of the box and start snapping shots cause there's too many of them but this is a few quick ones for you this morning. I just noticed I have 3 Sea-Dwellers but forgot to mention them last night. It's my favorite piece so I keep one around anywhere I go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg creamsubs1.jpg (31.9 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg creamym1.jpg (34.6 KB, 166 views)
Old 9 March 2007, 11:36 PM   #33
mrbieler
"TRF" Member

Watch: all about acrylic
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
cream puff

Cursimus Cum Forfex

Old 9 March 2007, 11:39 PM   #34
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Just out of curiosity, Cream, why so many if you keep them all in a vault?

For me, the pleasure of owning a watch is in the wearing of it. I know others have different thoughts. What are yours?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 9 March 2007, 11:50 PM   #35
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
Looking at the boxes, these are all relatively new. Cream, did you get them all recently, or do you have some vintage babies as well? That is an unbelievable collection. If New York ever gets covered with lava, and your place gets excavated, the archaeologists will think that you were a king with all that bling. I'll wager you are in the music biz....
Old 10 March 2007, 12:06 AM   #36
CREAM
Banned

Rock, I wear them all but I have over 100 watches and can't wear them all the time so they sit in a safe and I rotate based on mood.

Arturo, the boxes are only 4 which I used as a base to contrast for the picture. I have the oldest being a prez from the 70's but most of my stuff is new up to 3-4 years old. I like new stuff, not old. Thank you for the fisrt kind words I've seen here. :)
Old 10 March 2007, 12:06 AM   #37
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Nice watches indeed. I just love Rolex. Looks like the watches are pretty new.

Hard to tell but almost looks like the TT white YM and the TT blue YM still have the protective plastic on the bottom SEL. That means pretty new to me.

Mark
Old 10 March 2007, 12:56 AM   #38
CREAM
Banned

Yes, some of them I bought in the last few weeks. I am trying to have at least one of every model they make.
Old 10 March 2007, 01:12 AM   #39
finance21
2024 Pledge Member

Lets see those pics....
Old 10 March 2007, 01:18 AM   #40
CREAM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finance21 View Post
Lets see those pics....
Stop with the hatin' already and read the posts at the top of this page. God, this attitude is what makes forums such a bitch to be on. Why all the haters and people doubting. What good does it do for someone to come in and pretend? I got no time for that.
Old 10 March 2007, 01:20 AM   #41
mrbieler
"TRF" Member

Watch: all about acrylic

Cursimus Cum Forfex

Old 10 March 2007, 01:21 AM   #42
Chaps
"TRF" Member

Cash rules everything around me...C.R.E.A.M. Get the money... dolla dolla bills ya'll

Don't know a lot of Rolex owners throwing down the Wu Tang lyrics but to each their own... I personally look forward to seeing the rest of the group
Old 10 March 2007, 01:31 AM   #43
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
You have a great collection there. There are several other nice collections here on the forum, however the owners of these collections are a bit more modest than yourself. You'll probably have to dig in a bit to find them.
Member #471
Old 10 March 2007, 01:35 AM   #44
CREAM
Banned

Forgive me, I thought it said Rolex forum at the top, I must have read it wrong!

I don't walk down the street talking about my things but when I go into a coffee shop I order coffee. When I go to the car meet, I talk and bring cars. Get my drift?

P.S. My dog had Colemanitis once but some prescribed cream took care of that real quick. Bet you couldn't use our screen names in the same sentence. ;)
Old 10 March 2007, 02:04 AM   #45
puffnmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREAM View Post
Stop with the hatin' already and read the posts at the top of this page. God, this attitude is what makes forums such a bitch to be on. Why all the haters and people doubting. What good does it do for someone to come in and pretend? I got no time for that.

O.K. Cream- I for one am not hate'n you. Your style is flamboyant, to say the least, but you are bringing some genuinely interesting stuff to the table. Not only am I interested to see more pix of yr. collection, I would also like to learn about how you got started, how you came by some of the harder to find items, what your esthetic guidelines are and what you are currently planning as far as future purchases.

I think that once everyone gets used to your ways, you will start getting many requests for information and pix of various watches.

I for one hope that you will stick around here. And welcome. Larry.
Old 10 March 2007, 02:09 AM   #46
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
Submariner 14060M
Submariner Date
TT Blue Sub
GMT-MASTER II
Old 10 March 2007, 02:09 AM   #47
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

mrbieler -

This one goes to 11.
Old 10 March 2007, 02:11 AM   #48
CREAM
Banned

Thanks Larry. :)

I tend to favor the bigger pieces 40mm and above so I never really wear the smaller ones. I got my first watch about 7 years ago and just liked it and in the past few months decided to get each of the sports models. I don't think any Rolex is tough to find since all of them are readily available so I'm not sure what you mean by rare. I don't have any vintage pieces so nothing is rare or limited in production. I do have 2 green Subs as well.
Old 10 March 2007, 02:28 AM   #49
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
As I often introduce myself, " Lloyd from Brooklyn, what's your excuse " thats not NY, but Cape Town South Africa. As Cream must be the richest Oke on the forum, its only fair for me to proclaim the status of poorest man on the forum, as far a cars go, Ive just bought a new Bakkie (pick-up) for all you americans UTE for JJ, and very proud of it, my first new vehicle in my possession ( still owned by the bank ) my other vehicle is a 2000 Toyota raider 27i my weekend vehicle and back-up for my satellite installation comapany which makes me a living, just. My only rolex is a old sub 5513 inherited from my dad, dought I will ever have the R 50 000 for a YM ( my favourite watch ) send me one if you have a spare, swop you for the 5513,
but I do have a book signed by Nelson Mandela, and one of his personal cheques, what is your most prised possesion that didnt cost more then $100.00 . BTW Welcome to the forum , Lloyd from Brooklyn.
Jonathan,well at least you have .... THE MOUNTAIN !!!

...oh,yes,I also drive a bakkie,an Isuzu KB 300 Fleetside

Nelson Mandela ? Sounds familiar,just cant place him right now ...

Old 10 March 2007, 02:46 AM   #50
puffnmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREAM View Post
Thanks Larry. :)

I tend to favor the bigger pieces 40mm and above so I never really wear the smaller ones. I got my first watch about 7 years ago and just liked it and in the past few months decided to get each of the sports models. I don't think any Rolex is tough to find since all of them are readily available so I'm not sure what you mean by rare. I don't have any vintage pieces so nothing is rare or limited in production. I do have 2 green Subs as well.
Cream - I didn't say "rare", but "hard to find!". That would be the 2 Daytonas, also the 2 Anniversary Subs. A number of posters are looking for these watches.
Q. - Why do you have 2 Anniv. Subs, also multiple Seamasters? Larry.
Old 10 March 2007, 02:49 AM   #51
CREAM
Banned

There are tons of green Subs and Daytonas on sale everywhere on eBay and on the boards. My watch guy always has in stock several of each model as well. They are not tough to find at all. I have some duplicates of pieces I like because sometimes I stay elsewhere and want to be sure I always have my favorites around if I go out and need something to wear.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:13 AM   #52
capoots

Watch: LV
One thing this site seems to do very well is avoid arrogance. I am sure there are a lot of people that have money who visit this site and post. Especially when the subject is about expensive watches. It seems like very few people flaunt that here.

CREAM you seem like you came to this site with a certain amount of arrogance, with a confrontational undertone. Most people here probably wont say that because everyone here seems to go out of thier way to play nice. Most people on this site seem to love watches and the history behind them and have a pure appreciation for them. There really is not an undertone of who has more or who has better.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:16 AM   #53
tag_addict

Watch: T-Touch Carbon
Cream,

Would you mind posting more pix of your collection
I actually would love to see it.
It's great to have a member on the board with almost every modern rolex produced. It would help quite a bit to get opinions and such.

I think we have alot of tension going on in here, so lets just keep the money talk to a minimum and the rolex talk to a maximum :)
Old 10 March 2007, 03:18 AM   #54
tag_addict

Watch: T-Touch Carbon
I think what is going on in here is he started off on the wrong foot.
Lets try to accept him into the group, but on the same side of the coin, CREAM - please try to be nice to our valued members. We're like family around here and to get respect you have to give it.

Let us all start over shall we?
We are a forum of second chances no?
Old 10 March 2007, 03:32 AM   #55
Blue Bull
Banned

Cream,you did say something significant.... The Sea-Dweller is your favourite piece. I love mine,it is superb,but the Blue TT Sub is still my King !!

I really love both these watches ...
Old 10 March 2007, 03:44 AM   #56
charles

I've got 1 so definitely not me. :) Nice collection Cream.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:44 AM   #57
CREAM
Banned

I agree, they are both great. The SD is the king of all beaters and I wear them for activities that require a hefty watch.

Tag guy, I already posted some pics and will do more if I have time but it's a pain to do the pics. Check the previous page.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:47 AM   #58
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
My one and only... (sorry copied this pic from another website im not wearing my Rolex today) I always thought a Rolex is like an everlasting gobstopper, One is all youll ever need! (but hey I wouldnt mind to acquire more models in the future)

Old 10 March 2007, 03:57 AM   #59
miner
"TRF" Member

How many you got? WTF

I'm missing something here so

Bye Guys

TRF was great while it happened

for the last time
Old 10 March 2007, 04:02 AM   #60
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
How many you got? WTF

I'm missing something here so

Bye Guys

TRF was great while it happened

for the last time
Don't be so hasty, Clive. You are a valued member of TRF and nobody here wants to see you go. Just hang in there.

If this thread bothers you, just move on to another one....like I'm just about to do!!

Regards - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Closed Thread