The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 February 2011, 02:18 AM   #31
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
I've owned a retail store and an online store. I have been scammed in the past. I feel the real crooks are credit card companies and in this case Western Union. Its baloney that people can use their services to rip you off. So what is Western unions excuse for not having the guys proper name and address? Let me guess they blamed you? pfff... thats a joke.

Sorry about your deal but until the gov comes in and makes these companies responsible for this neglect on THEIR part its going to continue to happen its just too easy to do.
I could not believe Western Union would release funds to someone already on their radar.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2011, 02:56 AM   #32
RolexWatcher
"TRF" Member

I am sure that guy will come back here and scam people more.

I just think if someone mentions Western Union as a payment, I can never trust them with money transfers.

Sometimes, I don't even know if Western Union likes this scams as it keeps them in business since Western Union is so engrained with the scam culture.
RolexWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2011, 06:10 AM   #33
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexWatcher View Post
I am sure that guy will come back here and scam people more.

I just think if someone mentions Western Union as a payment, I can never trust them with money transfers.

Sometimes, I don't even know if Western Union likes this scams as it keeps them in business since Western Union is so engrained with the scam culture.
If you are out and about in London and bored with nothing to do look at the address given and see what is there.Not the money but the principal.I've always wanted to go to London, maybe I'll go and track the vermin down myself.
Old 5 February 2011, 07:21 AM   #34
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
I agree!

Kicking some scammer a$$ sounds like a great way to work off frustration!
Old 5 February 2011, 11:20 AM   #35
RolexWatcher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick09 View Post
If you are out and about in London and bored with nothing to do look at the address given and see what is there.Not the money but the principal.I've always wanted to go to London, maybe I'll go and track the vermin down myself.
Sure, will go to that street one weekend. I am looking at the postcodes and they are flats or apartments. Also have a look on Google Maps Street View.
RolexWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2011, 02:47 AM   #36
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Yes I did look on Goggle map at the time, he represented he lived/worked at and perhaps above Marks car Parts
Old 9 February 2011, 03:07 AM   #37
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 SUBMARINER Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
So sorry to hear this Patrick...i hope the cops will do something about it...but for $200 and international deal i doubt that they will go further on...The scammers probably knows about it...This will take a while investigation and such from the police end...Like what Rob said...thats why he probably scam in small amount because he knows cops wont do anything about it..and it wouldnt hurt that much to the seller...Its just lesson learn...later on you will be like..."oh well forget about it i learned my lesson" because of the small amount involve...Next time if some newbie wants to buy something let them register their name in trf and conduct transaction in the forum's pm...Still a lot of crooks out there...this is what they do for a living...
Old 9 February 2011, 03:16 AM   #38
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Another thread on Ian
Old 9 February 2011, 01:51 PM   #39
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Generally misery loves company but not in this case.That other fellow who got scammed lives just a few miles away from me here on Vancouver Island.
Old 9 February 2011, 02:00 PM   #40
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yet another one as well.This fellow scammed is also from BC a few more and maybe we pool our resources and track the scummer down.This guy Ian is a real POC.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/ian...ay-500433.html
Old 10 February 2011, 04:07 AM   #41
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
So sorry to hear this Patrick...i hope the cops will do something about it...but for $200 and international deal i doubt that they will go further on...The scammers probably knows about it...This will take a while investigation and such from the police end...Like what Rob said...thats why he probably scam in small amount because he knows cops wont do anything about it..and it wouldnt hurt that much to the seller...Its just lesson learn...later on you will be like..."oh well forget about it i learned my lesson" because of the small amount involve...Next time if some newbie wants to buy something let them register their name in trf and conduct transaction in the forum's pm...Still a lot of crooks out there...this is what they do for a living...
On the other hand, when someone pays a visit to one of these low-lifes with a Louisville Slugger the cops don't spend too much time looking into it since they figure he deserved what he got.
Old 10 February 2011, 07:27 AM   #42
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfnla View Post
On the other hand, when someone pays a visit to one of these low-lifes with a Louisville Slugger the cops don't spend too much time looking into it since they figure he deserved what he got.
I hear you.
Old 10 February 2011, 08:05 AM   #43
paultran37
Banned

Watch: PRESIDENT 118238 Z
Sorry to hear that Patrick. I know how it feels like to be scammed. Hope you/they get that scumbag.
paultran37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2011, 03:03 AM   #44
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
So sorry to hear this Patrick...i hope the cops will do something about it...but for $200 and international deal i doubt that they will go further on...The scammers probably knows about it...This will take a while investigation and such from the police end...Like what Rob said...thats why he probably scam in small amount because he knows cops wont do anything about it..and it wouldn't hurt that much to the seller...Its just lesson learn...later on you will be like..."oh well forget about it i learned my lesson" because of the small amount involve...Next time if some newbie wants to buy something let them register their name in trf and conduct transaction in the forum's pm...Still a lot of crooks out there...this is what they do for a living...
Oscar it does appear he is scamming for under 100 pounds so you are correct small amounts to stay under the radar.He has hit three watch forums that I'm aware of so far. He allegedly sells car parts also so I'm presuming he is hitting those forums as well.I had to laugh I called him an upscale purse snatcher then that story in London came out ,thinking maybe its him
Old 2 March 2011, 08:29 AM   #45
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Bump just to keep this note current and hopefully prevent this maggot from getting others.
Old 2 March 2011, 06:08 PM   #46
MikeyMouseWatch

I have always refused to use Western Union, since I've heard so many complaints about it in the past. Seems to be a Crook's favourite tool these days, and the problem just seems to be getting worse.
MikeyMouseWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2011, 07:11 AM   #47
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
I've owned a retail store and an online store. I have been scammed in the past. I feel the real crooks are credit card companies and in this case Western Union. Its baloney that people can use their services to rip you off. So what is Western unions excuse for not having the guys proper name and address? Let me guess they blamed you? pfff... thats a joke.

Sorry about your deal but until the gov comes in and makes these companies responsible for this neglect on THEIR part its going to continue to happen its just too easy to do.
Visa would NOT EVEN send a complaint to Western Union on my behalf. SO I shredded my Visa card and I will be seeking compensation from them and Western Union as both parties took fees for this transaction,so both have in effect profited from ongoing criminal activity.
Old 4 March 2011, 07:20 AM   #48
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
I've bookmarked this thread & saved the address in my phone.

If I'm ever that way & the POS's there I'll get your cash Patrick.

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2011, 08:06 AM   #49
Jan Davis
Fake Identity Cyber-Criminal

Watch: DateJust
Seems like you can't trust anyone, that piece of shit crook.
Jan Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2011, 07:59 PM   #50
MikeyMouseWatch

Quote:
Visa would NOT EVEN send a complaint to Western Union on my behalf. SO I shredded my Visa card and I will be seeking compensation from them and Western Union as both parties took fees for this transaction,so both have in effect profited from ongoing criminal activity.
You can't take compensation from a company called Visa, because VISA is not a company or organization at all. It is just a protocall. It is your BANK that issued the VISA protocall that you need to take things up with.
MikeyMouseWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2011, 05:46 AM   #51
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megohms View Post
You can't take compensation from a company called Visa, because VISA is not a company or organization at all. It is just a protocall. It is your BANK that issued the VISA protocall that you need to take things up with.
Thanks good info.First step is a letter to Western Union cc to BC Attorney General asking why they allowing WU to seemingly profit from on going criminal activity and why is BC not regulating them more closely.
Old 9 April 2011, 04:35 AM   #52
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Davis View Post
Seems like you can't trust anyone, that piece of shit crook.
No and yes ,thought this should get bumped so it is seen .
Old 9 April 2011, 01:01 PM   #53
watchf
"TRF" Member

Through years of online purchase I have come to associate western union with scams (not western union doing the scam but scammers using western union to do scams), so I stay away from anything involving western union as a payment mode.
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2011, 01:25 PM   #54
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfnla View Post
Trust me as a retired police officer, if you take the law into your own hands (i.e. a Louisville Slugger) the police will take it seriously and come after you. Bad idea.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2011, 01:31 PM   #55
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
Sorry to hear .. Loss is loss now matter how small .. It sucks that their are filthy scumbags that make their living scaming good people .. I hope you are lucky and can have this slime ball locked up in jail
SkyKing31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2011, 01:56 PM   #56
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Trust me as a retired police officer, if you take the law into your own hands (i.e. a Louisville Slugger) the police will take it seriously and come after you. Bad idea.
Wise words. Police/judges do not look kindly on vigilante justice. It undermines the system.
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2011, 11:02 PM   #57
never2late
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I highly recommend you take this advice seriously.
never2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2011, 03:52 AM   #58
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I may have uncoverd him,he maybe selling on Ebay.I just had a bad transaction on Ebay buying a collectable Cross pen and it may be this guy Ian. Anyone who has been scamed by any Ian/Iain.....( last name varies ) please PM me to compare notes if interested.
Old 24 April 2011, 05:32 PM   #59
watchf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick09 View Post
I may have uncoverd him,he maybe selling on Ebay.I just had a bad transaction on Ebay buying a collectable Cross pen and it may be this guy Ian. Anyone who has been scamed by any Ian/Iain.....( last name varies ) please PM me to compare notes if interested.
Twice in a row by the same scammer on different sites for different items?! WTH
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2011, 06:26 PM   #60
Rolex116520
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona & Deepsea
Sorry to hear what happened , but what are the chances you'd hit the same guy and in a complete different manner ?
Ian is a pretty common name in the UK and I assume this will be just a coincidence.....
If it isn't , you must have the jinks big time and I suggest you no longer buy anything online .. ever . There is no 2 without 3 as they say