The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 June 2016, 01:51 AM   #31
sickened1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Two were arrested and went to prison and had to pay me 100,000 Yen as apology money. I also of course got my watch back.
Apology money, gotta love Japan. Here the only apology we'll get is "sorry we got caught!".

Julie, hope the police finds the thief and get your watch back soon.
sickened1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 02:24 AM   #32
os993
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C SS (116610)
I'm sorry but this sounds suspiciously like someone had some inside info here. I'm sure this is a difficult thing to do, but can you think of anyone that might be a suspect? Anyone recently asking about it, or in financial difficulty? Thing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
os993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 02:30 AM   #33
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
So sad to hear that! Hopefully you can get good news!
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 02:54 AM   #34
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Scum everywhere, hope they find the watch and apprehend the criminal(s) involved. Doesn't get much lower/cowardly than stealing other's property.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 03:31 AM   #35
KevNev
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
why would you not post the serial on here. You don't even have the watch anymore. It will only help you maybe find it.

She did post it.
KevNev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 07:01 AM   #36
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by os993 View Post
I'm sorry but this sounds suspiciously like someone had some inside info here. I'm sure this is a difficult thing to do, but can you think of anyone that might be a suspect? Anyone recently asking about it, or in financial difficulty? Thing like that.

Agree. Start taking a look at who you know or have had an acquaintance with...any kind of repairmen who have been in or have access to the house. This doesn't sound like a typical burglary. Good luck...and keep us posted.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 11:15 AM   #37
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
This happened to a friend of mine several years ago. They came into his bedroom via a sliding glass door from the patio and took only his watch out if the drawer in his closet and the cash out of his wallet that he left on the dresser.
There were other valuables there and in the house, but that's all they took. He was working on his boat at the yacht club.
He and the police believed it was one of his friends or girlfriends that had been in his house before and saw him at the club knowing he would likely be there for a while.
Good luck.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:03 PM   #38
El Cascarrabias
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahcivan View Post
By posting the serial number on here if anybody googles the number it will appear on the search engine.
You never know it may end up being returned
Just Googled your serial number. This came up:

STOLEN - Rolex Submariner 16610LV 2008 - Rolex Forums - Rolex ...
www.rolexforums.com › Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics › Rolex General Discussion
19 hours ago - 28 posts - ‎19 authors
The serial number if it helps is M364405. I have informed Rolex, I spoke to their head office, and they asked me to email all the details, which I ..

. . . so, yeah.
El Cascarrabias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:05 PM   #39
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Hoping for a good outcome.
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 04:43 PM   #40
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Hi Jules,

Search Haywood Milton on here

Im sure he was working with the police and insurance companies in the UK , Setting up some new register of stolen goods.

HM is really a top guy he will give you good advice , Fingers crossed it gets recovered
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 04:53 PM   #41
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone, it's a horrible feeling thinking that someone we know did this to us, you want to be able to trust friends, otherwise they aren't friends are they. Believe me we've racked our brains and give through a long list of friends :( we really have no idea, but I suppose it could have been a friend of a friend who received information through a comment and took it further to find out where we live etc.

You can't go around accusing everyone, but all our friends know and I did gauge their surprise levels....

I'm going to get in touch with Milton too, you've all been very helpful x
Jules1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 05:00 PM   #42
Tarandy
"TRF" Member

Hope you get it retuned, I've noted down your serial number and will keep an eye out down here as I'm always looking in shop windows at Rolex.
Tarandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 05:10 PM   #43
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
sorry it happened and hope all turns out well.
the scary thing you said:
It was only on a bedside table, anything else worth anything was out of sight, so either they only came for that
they or he or she, CAME to your bedroom, and knew where it was. Very creepy.
I am almost sure, it is someone you knew.

Trace back to gatherings, people who made comments about how nice the watch was, etc.

jeffgo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 09:29 PM   #44
nick c
Banned

Sorry to hear best of luck I hope they will find him and your watch
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 04:17 AM   #45
ming the merciless
"TRF" Member

I'm really sorry your husband has lost his pride and joy.

I always keep my watches, papers, and boxes in three separate, well concealed locations. I go to a lot of trouble and it's a ball ache sometimes but it's worth the effort. The only watch in open sight is the one on my wrist.

I have a good alarm and a multi camera state of the art CCTV set up.

Only my immediate close circle of a few friends and relatives know about my watches. I always tell strangers and other people who don't need to know that my watches are fakes.

This is the world we live in I'm afraid.
ming the merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 07:28 AM   #46
Chumpey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ming the merciless View Post

I always keep my watches, papers, and boxes in three separate, well concealed locations. I go to a lot of trouble and it's a ball ache sometimes but it's worth the effort. The only watch in open sight is the one on my wrist.

Only my immediate close circle of a few friends and relatives know about my watches. I always tell strangers and other people who don't need to know that my watches are fakes.

Likewise. I believe in security through obscurity. Put them somewhere smart and inconvenient. It's a pain to change watches but it beats the alternative.
Chumpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 08:15 AM   #47
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming the merciless View Post

I agree, keeping box and papers separate etc can be a bit of a pain but definitely worth it. Re your suspect....would not necessarily think it was someone who knew the watch was there, unless something is making you think same. Some opportunist burglars will go for a quick lift especially if they see something valuable straight off, and then leave. Police will help to a point but this is against the backdrop of fairly high crime rates for burglary and theft. Now that the serial number has been flagged up, this lessens the chances of anyone successfully trying to 'pass it off' via a dealer or pawnbroker...hopefully they will though and you will get a result! Good luck!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 05:33 PM   #48
jw0n
"TRF" Member

Really sorry to hear that. I've followed Gaijin's thread where he finally recovered his Daytona, and I wish you the best of luck.

Some years back, I was a student in Sheffield and rented a house with some uni mates. Long story short, I went off for a short holiday with my gf, my housemates threw a bbq and front door was left unlocked. Bed rooms can't be locked, and my room was raided. I lost two laptops (which had my final year thesis), a tidy sum of cash, along with some of my Malaysian identification documents (which was in my wallet). Still pisses me off when I think about that today.

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 07:06 PM   #49
maximaxi
Banned

Hope you recover it ... Posting the serial would help... It's already stolen and many people sell such watches, it won't be that easy to recover it in the forum here but who knows
maximaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2016, 05:35 AM   #50
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it :(

I have a ladies oyster perpetual and I wear it daily, it's not been in or near the box for 6 years, so I don't run the same risk...

I have posted the serial number, it's M364405. It's been 10 days now, and I'm doubtful as to its return. Insurance isn't going to come close to a replacement figure either. It's not been a good 2016 thus far.
Jules1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2016, 05:52 AM   #51
Chrisminus 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and others
If they stole the papers with the watch to me the watch is gone and you have no other alternative to try to reason the insurance. ;(
Sorry for the misfortune
Chrisminus 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2016, 06:53 AM   #52
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Hi Jules - sorry this happened to you and your husband, but glad you didn't catch them in the act as it could have gotten ugly.

Anyway, in addition to the good suggestions provided I would also contact the watch dealers in/around Bond Street in London as they'll do high volume business and would be eager to acquire a Sub LV without question. Start with Watch Club and search for stores in/around Burlington Arcade.

Best of luck and positive thoughts to you and your husband.
Old 14 June 2016, 10:34 AM   #53
speedolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules1975 View Post
Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it

I have a ladies oyster perpetual and I wear it daily, it's not been in or near the box for 6 years, so I don't run the same risk...

I have posted the serial number, it's M364405. It's been 10 days now, and I'm doubtful as to its return. Insurance isn't going to come close to a replacement figure either. It's not been a good 2016 thus far.
Based on how you described the crime and that only the watch was taken and nothing else disturbed I have a feeling it was a cleaning woman, food delivery boy, or a family friend, someone who has been there before but you're not too close with.

And it's very likely they didn't take it for the money but coveted the Rolex, want to wear it.

Sorry for your loss but it's only money, insurance will cover it, be excited about watch shopping and try to enjoy that next phase instead of holding on to hope for this one to return.
speedolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2016, 07:14 PM   #54
yoast
"TRF" Member

Download the watchrecon app and set a notification for 16610lv.
That way you get a notification every time one is offered for sale.

This app scans all the popular watch sales forums.

Good luck
Old 14 June 2016, 07:45 PM   #55
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Yea hindsight kinda sucks. I feel your pain. I fell down some stairs in a public place and my watch bracelet was damaged, it fell off and a guy standing next to me who worked at the place I was at thought it would be a good idea to pick it up and act like he didn't. Then curse me when I told him to give it back. I didn't see him take it. But he was right there.

Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him he didn't take my offer to give it back no questions asked. This guy was stupid enough to give it to his career criminal friend and ask him to pawn it. Which this not so enterprising criminal did under his own name and ID.

I got lucky. Stay positive and stay on the police to put it into their pawn shop registry.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2016, 03:50 AM   #56
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
By keeping serial number hidden you're doing a nice job of helping your thief.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2016, 05:03 AM   #57
Seaward
"TRF" Member

Sorry for your loss. As others have mentioned, perhaps post a new thread "Stolen (serial number) Sub LV"
116710BLNR
116500LN
Seaward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2016, 05:12 AM   #58
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
By keeping serial number hidden you're doing a nice job of helping your thief.
She gave the full serial number on post 25.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2016, 05:26 AM   #59
liuk3
"TRF" Member

Maybe put the serial number in the title of the thread, so that it is more visible?

In the grand scheme of things, I know that it is a bummer, but be happy that nobody was injured in the process of it being stolen. It sounds like you and your husband have your health. I remember when I put my car into a wall at a racetrack, I was pretty bummed. My buddy told me they are only material possessions. Cars can be fixed or you buy another one. He said if I had been injured or lost the use of my arm, I wouldn't give a cr@p about the car that was totaled. It really helped me realize what is more important. These are merely material possessions which can be replaced. That being said, it is a sad event, but you and your husband will no doubt get through it. Plus, you do have insurance to subsidize the purchase of another one.
Old 15 June 2016, 06:51 AM   #60
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
This sucks. I am just glad you didn't walk in on someone stealing the watch and put them in a position where you were harmed.

Watches are replaceable.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote