The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 September 2008, 03:54 AM   #31
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Bought mine in Nov '07 at MSRP. About $7,900 or so plus tax. Sold it around May/Jun '08 for 13,350.
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 04:08 AM   #32
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
I bought mine 3 years ago at MSRP when the price was around $6800 or so. But if you look at buying above MSRP from a different perspective it makes sense. When the Daytonas were selling for $6800, GM prices were around $8400 with NO sales tax. When the price went up to $7800 the GM prices were around $9400. Now that the price is $9200, we are seeing GM prices in the $10,500 range. Being realistic, we all know that you have to spend some $$$ with an AD to be able to buy a Daytona @ MSRP, say that number is $20K. If you spend $1400 over MSRP for a watch, you are well ahead of the game IMO. I do not like buying above MSRP, and to date have yet to do it, but in some cases it DOES make sense.
~Scott
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 04:12 AM   #33
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
I bought mine 3 years ago at MSRP when the price was around $6800 or so. But if you look at buying above MSRP from a different perspective it makes sense. When the Daytonas were selling for $6800, GM prices were around $8400 with NO sales tax. When the price went up to $7800 the GM prices were around $9400. Now that the price is $9200, we are seeing GM prices in the $10,500 range. Being realistic, we all know that you have to spend some $$$ with an AD to be able to buy a Daytona @ MSRP, say that number is $20K. If you spend $1400 over MSRP for a watch, you are well ahead of the game IMO. I do not like buying above MSRP, and to date have yet to do it, but in some cases it DOES make sense.
~Scott
Scott,
You make an interesting point, but you do actually get watches developing that AD relationship and some at a discount too. Now if you want a Daytona and nothing else you might be right.
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 04:24 AM   #34
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
Scott,
You make an interesting point, but you do actually get watches developing that AD relationship and some at a discount too. Now if you want a Daytona and nothing else you might be right.
That is very true, but looking back at my purchases that I made at my AD without a discount, if I would have bought those same watches BNIB from a GM dealer, I probably would have save enough off MSRP to justify paying a premium on a Daytona. Not to discount the importance of having a relationship with an AD, which is handy at times, but knowing what I know now, I would have purchased more from a trusted GM dealer.
~Scott
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 07:48 AM   #35
ThatOneGuy

Watch: SS Daytona
I beg your pardon, Daytona II?
ThatOneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 08:36 AM   #36
Floridadogg

Watch: 116520 & 116523
Daytona II is the urban legend.
Floridadogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 09:42 AM   #37
gmt master x

Watch: 70 s gmt master.
Not I.
gmt master x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 10:59 AM   #38
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickyb View Post
I haved paid MSRP for 5 SS Dyatona's. Never heard of any person getting one below MSRP....ever!

Hi there! You've heard of one now - about a year or so ago, I got mine for considerably off MSRP. But then again, I'm a very, very good customer.
rpryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote