The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 October 2017, 02:04 AM   #1
Mauvaise
"TRF" Member

Incoming Explorer I (1st Rolex)

I didn't have any intention of purchasing Saturday when I went in to try on the Explorer. But I did! No discounts to be had, but for my first purchase, I wanted an in-person transaction. I appreciate everyone's help in the other thread and via PM.

It is larger on the wrist than I anticipated, but I feel in love with it just the same. The fact that has such a low profile helps - it's so delightfully slim. Three links removed and I tighten it with the easy-link click-y adjustment. For such a large watch it's surprisingly easy to forget it's on my wrist. In a good way. It's by far the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. I wore it all weekend and couldn't stop staring at it. Or going into a dark closet to see the lume.

I did experience sticker shock all weekend. 80% of me is stunned and having a bit of a second guess on whether this was a smart thing to do. The other 20% is already planning my next purchase.

My husband tried on the GMT, Submariner Date, and DJ41 and has narrowed it down to the GMT or DJ41. Personally, I told him he could totally justify both as they are different enough from each other. I think he'll end up starting with the DJ41, oyster bracelet, smooth bezel, and it's between the black and white dials.

I've attached some crappy iPhone pictures. It's harder than I thought getting a decent watch on the wrist photo. As you can tell by the one photo (that I can't get to post vertical to save my life), my cat was entirely unimpressed with the amount of money or history I was currently sporting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5828.jpg (52.1 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5832.jpg (83.0 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5812.jpg (102.9 KB, 413 views)
Mauvaise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
explorer 1 , first rolex , incoming , thanks trf!!!