The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 October 2017, 03:59 PM   #31
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
I look the time on my laptop in the morning at work and compare to my watch. That's how I noticed the difference. Unless the time on my laptop is not accurate...
Modern PCs with network access usually know how to lookup SNTP servers to sync their time to your locale, update DST etc etc... could be worth checking if it's set to do it regularly & it's pointed to a live site. (I give mine a list of 3-4 SNTPs to choose from, but yeah I'm an abnormal geek)

Reason I mention it is the PC might be adjusting its time without you knowing. You've set your watch to PC, watch could be accurately keeping time but PC has since self-adjusted it's timeclock = Infinite loop of error.

Plus you probably didn't notice I mentioned "a BANK of Casios" on my desk. To be precise there's FOUR of them that never get worn, all they do is keep time... they're vintage, they don't have satellite sync modcons. I personally sync them to the second together... yet after a few mths they too fall out of sync!!

Jeez if Quartz digitals can't even keep time...
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote