The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 June 2018, 08:15 AM   #31
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNYC View Post
Agreed. Although I haven’t bought anything from Lee Perla, I have spoken to Rick on the phone and he was nothing but courteous
Rick is literally at the highest levels of any professional I’ve ever dealt with. Ever.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 09:03 AM   #32
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Confusious says: " You are the AD's best friend until you walk out the door"

Confusious also said: "He who thinks they can establish a relationship with an AD should also purchase the Brooklyn Bridge"
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 09:23 AM   #33
MonsterSS
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126613LB
dang..... about the same wait time for the run of the mill breaking and entering.... LOL
MonsterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 10:12 AM   #34
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’ll defend this team all day long.

Maybe I’m biased. But I’m super difficult when it comes to customer service. I expect it to be exceptional. I provide it in my business, and I expect it when I am the customer.

I’m super loyal to these guys because of how good they are. They have earned my loyalty over a very long period of time. And they continue to earn in every interaction.

I’ve posted dozens of compliments about these guys. They have deserved every one and more.

And, this place has minimal turnover at best. I would venture a guess and say that everyone there has a minimum of two years. Some significantly longer.

Ill chime in on the employee turnover.

For me, it does happen and you felt that all the good stuff that were done for the relationship. were thrown away because your contact sales person left the store. It happened to me as well. But I had the opportunity to know the owner and from there I was introduce to a new sales person from where to build a relationship again. And I took advantage of it. Just to be clear, I didn’t get the hot stuff immediately but little by little friendship were cultivated, other sales persons were befriended and now I have a terrific relationship with most of the sales persons in the store. It’s also all right if I didn’t get the model I want. Hey they have tons of customers spending more than I have spent so I’ll just continue to be nice and patient and work with them.

Moral of the story: Cultivate the relationship with the AD sales people and not just one sales person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 10:19 AM   #35
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
Happen to stumble upon this topic, but I’d like to put my $0.02 in since I have attended a couple of events (Basel showcase 2018 and 2018 NJ GTG) at Lee Perla and have had dealings with them (Rick) regarding waitlists and wait times of Basel pieces.

I will honestly say that I have not made a Rolex purchase at this AD.

What I will say is that is Rick has been honest from the start regarding wait times; he explained that every request is considered but he cannot guarantee a date of delivery. Although to some this seems like rejection, I am sane enough to comprehend that these Basel watches are limited in supply but have very high demand. Sometimes some get lucky, most don’t. But either way, life moves on and it’s going to be OK... I’m sure if they had 10 in the safe, I don’t see why would not sell it.

Recently (despite not having made a purchase) my wife and I was still given an invitation to attend the recent Basel showcase simply due to the fact that I am a local watch enthusiast. Rick did not have to do that. Rick did not coerce me to buy anything in return for the invitation. At the actual event, when one would think that getting an invitation to try on and see the new watches was enough, prior to leaving Rick gave me a swag bag filled with Rolex goodies when he could have reserved that for their top spenders or VIP clients exclusively.

Today I actually went to pick up the extra links I ordered for my white and black ceramic Daytona’s. Rick offered to install it on my watches when in reality I did not purchase these watches from him and he did not have to offer to do it because the store was busy. For $65/link, I felt like I got top notch service. I will likely make a PM purchase with LP and Rick in the near future.

I get the frustrations with limited production or allocation FROM ROLEX. But bad mouthing the business and the sales professionals is in of itself tacky. If you were given false information, lead on or lied to, I would get it. But even then, I probably would not have named the AD over the internet.

Anyway, I wish you luck on your quest. I hope we all find the watches we seek.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:45 AM   #36
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Rick is literally at the highest levels of any professional I’ve ever dealt with. Ever.
X3. On Rick. Even though I’m nowhere near in the ballpark of a big spender with them. I have also referred people to them, with outstanding feedback.

Rick has ALWAYS been great to deal with, extremely knowledgeable and professional.
Old 24 June 2018, 01:32 PM   #37
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Rick is a total pro.

It is hard for them to please every client on the hot models given the zip code (Bergen county).

This is the reality and if it is up to Rick, he will get everyone what they want.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 02:24 PM   #38
opaline460
"TRF" Member

Next AD lol
opaline460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 02:52 PM   #39
JackRP
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I have only had one experience with Lee Perla, and it was a negative one. Granted, this was probably 4 years ago, but it made a lasting impression, and I will not give them my business.

I walked in to browse their selection, and to try on a Tudor Pelagos. The salesman clearly had no interest in assisting me, even though the store was empty. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Pelagos, so decided to see what their Rolex stock looked like. Very little communication, despite my attempt to break the uncomfortable silence with friendly conversation.

I soon realized that this was going nowhere, but before I left, I asked about the availability of the BLNR. He said "Yeah we got one in this morning, but it's in the back for a client." He then goes on to say, "We have a really long wait list, so you'd probably have to wait 2-3 years to get one."

I politely ask if I'd be able to jump on the list, explaining that I'm in no hurry. He says, "Uhh sure, give me your name." I give him my name, he writes it down on a scrap of paper, and says, "Okay, I'll give you a call if one becomes available. Have a nice day."

I say, "It might help if you had my phone number." He says "Oh right, I'm sorry.", and jots it down on the back side of the paper.

I decided to check with two other AD's in NJ; one in Short Hills, and the other in Bridgewater. Short Hills came through on the BLNR within a day, and Bridgewater called me a month later. This was my first ever AD purchase. I have since made all of my Rolex purchases from Sydney Thomas in Short Hills.

Still waiting for that call from Lee Perla!
JackRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 02:57 PM   #40
drmovement
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex mk2 red sub
This was the point to my whole post. I have been reading about the practices of ADs and rolex of late. I gave Lee Perla a call today because I wanted to see first hand how they would treat an old customer. I used to work with David who I am sure would attest to the fact that I am a very real customer and have spent very real dollars at Lee Perla. I have not purchased from them in a while, I have been busy building my patek collection. But, given my history with them I would not expect a piece tomorrow, but 7-8 years...that is basically a f u from the store, and my post here is to let everyone know how the AD treated a long time customer. I am stating fact and that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman23 View Post
Maybe if the OP bought 10 watches in the past, he would have it in 3-4 years.

More likely, if he bought 20 watches in the past, he would be next in line.

6 isn't going to get it done it seems.

Curious how many Superdog has bought from them?
drmovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:28 PM   #41
Grnvette65
"TRF" Member

Op has made a statement he’s purchased from them and for them to check the service history yet still treated in this fashion. I don’t see the relavence of building an ad relationship here. Realizing there are a min of 2 sides to every story... unless op was a total D....he is still the customer and one would expect better handling of the situation.
Interesting my friend talked me into going to lee perla w him this past spring ( he knows I would never buy any Rolex from anyone other than my Ad, and that includes Daytona’s, or what ever hot model). To say the least he was not treated well, I thought to myself this place could only survive in its current location( Bergen county)
Grnvette65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:53 PM   #42
viper
"TRF" Member

This is a great AD I agree. I bought my wife's DJ there a few years ago.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 12:01 AM   #43
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

I don't see the point in putting the magnifying glass over this particular AD, especially with the thread title. Based on today's market, this is probably in line with answers you would get at any AD. Unless they were particularly rude on the phone, this thread is somewhat harmful to Lee Perla. Personally, I've only purchased one watch from them, a GMT IIc and had a great experience. Rick is a stand up guy and I would be shocked if anyone had anything negative to say about him or Lee Perla.
Rolex Submariner 126613 LB
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST
RoyalOac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 12:20 AM   #44
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
OK. I'm just gonna say it.

You haven't been paying attention if you think the days exist where you call or drop in and tell someone what you're looking for and they go in the back and bring it out to you. Or even expect to be put on a list with some reasonable expectation of a timely delivery. No. Nope. Nein. No in the language of your choice.

Those days are gone. Long gone. So long gone it's not even funny anymore. (Not that it ever was)

But...enough about the past, let's talk about the present. You buy the thing at a premium or you wait. It's as simple as that. No amount of crying, whining, or complaining is going to change that.

Good luck,
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 12:22 AM   #45
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
In person is a must these days unless you’re dealing with the owner. Even then in person is better. Here is a pic of me meeting with my AD last week to discuss the new gmt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 25 June 2018, 12:24 AM   #46
SharpyDave
"TRF" Member

That's a tough call, are you saying customers who spend the most at a specific AD should get priority? What would happen if you were #2 on the list then a high roller came in a year later and wanted one thus bumping you down? Northern NJ has some pricey areas and a lot of money (Upper Saddle River, Alpine, just to name two) so I'm sure they have some pretty hefty clients.
SharpyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 12:24 AM   #47
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmovement View Post
This was the point to my whole post. I have been reading about the practices of ADs and rolex of late. I gave Lee Perla a call today because I wanted to see first hand how they would treat an old customer.
By you own admission, looks like you called in with an agenda. You wanted to see how you would be treated.

Were they rude to you? Did they act without professionalism?

Sounds only as of you got an answer that you didn’t like.

And you keep referencing David. I liked him very much. He was always very good to me. But he left on very bad terms. I don’t know the details. I never asked as it’s not my business.

But you called up, the very day the hottest watch on the planet is hitting the US and asked for it. And you got the exact answer you knew you would get.

And then you come here with an inflammatory post.

Complete lack of class in my opinion. And this thread speaks more about you, than it does them.

Old 25 June 2018, 12:33 AM   #48
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpyDave View Post
That's a tough call, are you saying customers who spend the most at a specific AD should get priority? What would happen if you were #2 on the list then a high roller came in a year later and wanted one thus bumping you down? Northern NJ has some pricey areas and a lot of money (Upper Saddle River, Alpine, just to name two) so I'm sure they have some pretty hefty clients.
I own a business.

I have hundreds of customers that make up 60% of my business. And a dozen or so that make up 40% of my business.

Every one of them is important. And my team knows that a $600 sale is just as important as a $600,000 dollar sale. And that they should all be treated with the utmost of care. The same customer service for all.

But my industry is screaming busy right now. And we can only do so much. Where should I put my focus? The customers that I have grown with and paying my bills for years? Or the customers that buy from us every couple of years?

It’s a tough line. Grateful to be busy. And we are doing our best do everything for everyone. But sometimes tough decisions need to me made.

Old 25 June 2018, 01:05 AM   #49
remrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
I tried to get a BLNR there and put my name on the list back in December and was quoted Feb/March and have yet to here back. Luckily for me I went to a different AD, got my BLNR in February and recently picked up my Daytona. No hate towards them though, it is what is.
remrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:05 AM   #50
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRP View Post
I have only had one experience with Lee Perla, and it was a negative one. Granted, this was probably 4 years ago, but it made a lasting impression, and I will not give them my business.

I walked in to browse their selection, and to try on a Tudor Pelagos. The salesman clearly had no interest in assisting me, even though the store was empty. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Pelagos, so decided to see what their Rolex stock looked like. Very little communication, despite my attempt to break the uncomfortable silence with friendly conversation.

I soon realized that this was going nowhere, but before I left, I asked about the availability of the BLNR. He said "Yeah we got one in this morning, but it's in the back for a client." He then goes on to say, "We have a really long wait list, so you'd probably have to wait 2-3 years to get one."

I politely ask if I'd be able to jump on the list, explaining that I'm in no hurry. He says, "Uhh sure, give me your name." I give him my name, he writes it down on a scrap of paper, and says, "Okay, I'll give you a call if one becomes available. Have a nice day."

I say, "It might help if you had my phone number." He says "Oh right, I'm sorry.", and jots it down on the back side of the paper.

I decided to check with two other AD's in NJ; one in Short Hills, and the other in Bridgewater. Short Hills came through on the BLNR within a day, and Bridgewater called me a month later. This was my first ever AD purchase. I have since made all of my Rolex purchases from Sydney Thomas in Short Hills.

Still waiting for that call from Lee Perla!
Shorthills is a hit or miss. I've bought from them and asked t o be put on a list for a daytona and the manager said I'd be 20 something in line for one based on my spending history. Seems like I'll never get it because I don't want anything else Rolex has to offer atm so my spending wont be going up at that store
Old 25 June 2018, 01:19 AM   #51
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
By you own admission, looks like you called in with an agenda. You wanted to see how you would be treated.

Were they rude to you? Did they act without professionalism?

Sounds only as of you got an answer that you didn’t like.

And you keep referencing David. I liked him very much. He was always very good to me. But he left on very bad terms. I don’t know the details. I never asked as it’s not my business.

But you called up, the very day the hottest watch on the planet is hitting the US and asked for it. And you got the exact answer you knew you would get.

And then you come here with an inflammatory post.

Complete lack of class in my opinion. And this thread speaks more about you, than it does them.
You're a good dude, you've got your heart in the right spot, it's in most posts of yours I read.

I see both sides of the coin on this one though, and neither of you are wrong, IMO.

Your side:

You clearly have an excellent relationship at this AD, evidenced by you receiving their first Pepsi. If I was you, I'd absolutely feel the same and stick up for them just like you, fully understand where you're coming from on this one. You've also referred a lot of people there and never heard bad feedback - all makes your case stronger to defend the AD.

You did mention your own business, and also that this sales rep left on bad terms. The sales rep leaving on bad terms has zero to do with the customer in this situation. If you have 12 clients that make up 40% of your business and one of your reps handling some of those clients left, you'd obviously make sure those clients still receive excellent customer service, regardless of the terms that rep left on.

For OP's side of this situation:

Based off of his post, he prob has a roughly $100k history there (2 pm watches, 4 ss watches). Lots of myths & misinformation on this forum - a $100k customer is absolutely a solid customer, that isn't a schlep calling from 6 states over looking for a Daytona, that is someone who has dropped 6 figures worth of cash in this location.

There are only so many whales going into these stores, regardless of perception here. Most of those whales are clueless to the situations we bicker about here. They call for a Daytona or Pepsi, they get one quickly, and for good reason. Now, the OP clearly isn't a whale for this store, but based on the history he provided, as long as he isn't misrepresenting, he is without question a solid customer.

If I had a 6 figure history with someone, and they gave me the same response they give to some random call in with no history, I'd be furious too. If someone gives you $100k of their money, you don't tell them to F themself, which is exactly what 7-8 years is (most ADs are also pretty clueless to what economic cycles are too), that's just a horrific response.

For me, I'd get the reps name, and make sure I got in touch with the owner. I'd have the owner check my history, and after seeing I've spent 6 figures in his store, if he wasn't sympathetic to the response I received, at that point, then I'd put them on blast too. Regardless of how people feel here, $100k is a lot of money, that should earn you respect and honesty from anyone you're a customer of.

Like I said, I see both sides of the argument here, and from where each of you stand, you both feel strongly about your opinions - Bottom line, you'll still be a customer and refer people there and the OP clearly will be taking his future business elsewhere.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:22 AM   #52
pabs
"TRF" Member

OMG! Ridiculous....
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:23 AM   #53
pabs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
In person is a must these days unless you’re dealing with the owner. Even then in person is better. Here is a pic of me meeting with my AD last week to discuss the new gmt.

Hahahahaha this picture made my day!
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:25 AM   #54
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs View Post
Hahahahaha this picture made my day!
Agreed, that was excellent... Got a good laugh too from that post.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:29 AM   #55
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

what an awesome way to make a point! Kidding aside, building relationships is a something we have to work on; and it does pay off, in my experience. As said above, it may not get us what we want every time, but people will help as much as they can, when we have a genuine relationship.

Old 25 June 2018, 01:59 AM   #56
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

Lee Perla AD

It is almost July. The watch was announced in March. And the floodgates for requests for this watch were opened then. You are late to the party.

2th_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 02:31 AM   #57
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Picked mine up from them today. Never heard anytime but good things about them. I’ve been dealing with them for over a decade and I’ve had (and seen) nothing but exceptional customer service.
The fact that you "aren't anywhere near a big spender" with them, as you stated, and that you were able to acquire it this early, tells me that this AD is INDEED playing games.

I'm a capitalist. I'm also a nice guy. Bringing donuts and schmoozing in no way should shoot you up the list. Cold hard numbers should. I AM a big fish. But i've been bumped by a couple bigger fish in the past, and I have zero problem with it. Bumped by a smaller fish? Never.
Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 02:39 AM   #58
hbk25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z Blue
Yeah, it’s ironic that we customers need to “put the work in” with the sales side. But that’s luxury goods and services for you. Can’t just buy a new Ferrari or get a table at Dorsia, right.

My guess is the sheer volume of people of all walks of life asking for those 3 or 4 hot references. These salespeople must get pelted with the same question over and over again. It’s only human nature that it would wear on them. And once in awhile they are short with a customer. But it’s also our nature to feel slighted like OP did when we’re on the other end of that frustrated, and dismissive salesperson.

From the forum and from experience, it’s either the top 5% of spenders who get what they want or those who just luck out and a shipment just came in, it’s not spoken for, and you and the salesperson have an instant rapport.

Best of luck to all!
hbk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 02:43 AM   #59
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
The fact that you "aren't anywhere near a big spender" with them, as you stated, and that you were able to acquire it this early, tells me that this AD is INDEED playing games.

I'm a capitalist. I'm also a nice guy. Bringing donuts and schmoozing in no way should shoot you up the list. Cold hard numbers should. I AM a big fish. But i've been bumped by a couple bigger fish in the past, and I have zero problem with it. Bumped by a smaller fish? Never.
Not going back through the thread to see if I said “I’m not anywhere near a big spender”.

I don’t believe I would say those exact words. Because I am a big spender. I’ve booght at least a dozen watches from them. Earrings. Bracelets. Necklaces. And my wedding ring.

I’m a damn good customer.

But I’m not near their biggest spender. They have people come in and buy more in monetary value in one visit than my entire history.

I’m a long term consistent, loyal customer. And I’m that because of the never ending good service they provided.

This thread is a joke.

The OP, by his own admission, has an ax to grind. He called looking for the hottest watch, the day it hit stores in the US, and expected the answer he got.

And then he came here to try and shame them.

It’s easy to see through it based on his own words.

Complete and utter nonsense in my opinion.

Old 25 June 2018, 02:47 AM   #60
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not going back through the thread to see if I said “I’m not anywhere near a big spender”.

I don’t believe I would say those exact words. Because I am a big spender. I’ve booght at least a dozen watches from them. Earrings. Bracelets. Necklaces. And my wedding ring.

I’m a damn good customer.

But I’m not near their biggest spender. They have people come in and buy more in monetary value in one visit than my entire history.

I’m a long term consistent, loyal customer. And I’m that because of the never ending good service they provided.

This thread is a joke.

The OP, by his own admission, has an ax to grind. He called looking for the hottest watch, the day it hit stores in the US, and expected the answer he got.

And then he came here to try and shame them.

It’s easy to see through it based on his own words.

Complete and utter nonsense in my opinion.

"I’m 100% certain I’m not even close to their biggest spender. Not even close. "

Sorry. More specific.
Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote