The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 28 November 2018, 05:55 AM   #32
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
Impressive info sharing above.

Look forward to the incoming OP - it’s a great looking watch !

Can I post the incoming on this thread? Or since it’s not a Rolex in the non Rolex forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 06:05 AM   #33
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
Can I post the incoming on this thread? Or since it’s not a Rolex in the non Rolex forum?

Yes this thread is the perfect location! Some lume pics of the bezel would be awesome too.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 07:09 AM   #34
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
You’re in the Others section already, but you might want to keep the incoming separate from this one — it’s up to you.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 12:35 PM   #35
teabags001
Banned

Dang I was just about to pull the trigger on the Chopard and you guys turned me on to this watch. A planet ocean gmt for the same price. Gonna need a few days to think this over. I thought the Chopard was a slam dunk but this planet ocean is at least giving me a moment of pause. Any thoughts? Appreciated.

Old 29 November 2018, 03:00 PM   #36
PJ S
Banned

^
Yeah... it’s bulky, top heavy, and one of the ~700K pieces Omega will have made in the past 12 months, with a nicely finished but still just (a tarted up) ETA movement, and the HEV at 10 is a cheaply engineered carbuncle.
By absolute comparison, it’s shit — and anyone with an ounce of sense in their head would leave it to those who are more concerned with the brand recognition they’ll receive from their peer group.
It’d be like contemplating an Aston Martin only to be (somehow) distracted by a VW Passat — seriously?!
Maybe that’s the best thing to do, since if there’s no real appreciation or understanding of what an AM/Chopard LUC offers, then (as the saying goes) ignorance is bliss.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 02:44 AM   #37
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
^
Yeah... it’s bulky, top heavy, and one of the ~700K pieces Omega will have made in the past 12 months, with a nicely finished but still just (a tarted up) ETA movement, and the HEV at 10 is a cheaply engineered carbuncle.
By absolute comparison, it’s shit — and anyone with an ounce of sense in their head would leave it to those who are more concerned with the brand recognition they’ll receive from their peer group.
It’d be like contemplating an Aston Martin only to be (somehow) distracted by a VW Passat — seriously?!
Maybe that’s the best thing to do, since if there’s no real appreciation or understanding of what an AM/Chopard LUC offers, then (as the saying goes) ignorance is bliss.

Oh I had no idea that the omega uses ETA movements. Especially in their P.O. lines. Thanks for the info. That alone makes me not like that omega. I know it seems crazy but at a certain price point I think in house movements are a requirement. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 30 November 2018, 04:52 AM   #38
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
I’m not really worried about losing 1.2k. It’s just I haven’t seen one in person and if I don’t like it Chopards just don’t sell or trade like rolexes. But in the end I’m 90 percent going to pull the trigger. It’s only 5k. I’ve spent more then that in a hand of blackjack in Las Vegas lol. Like all of us no one just wants to flush money down the toilet. That’s why in my mind at Least I’d rather spend 10k and get most back if I don’t like it. My only real concern is the fit and the orange bezel with yellow gmt hand if it will look too much in person. Pictures can be very deceiving. Maybe I shouldn’t have put the money thing on there. I was more thinking in terms of value.

I think they are cool (though I hear the clasp is a little funky)... I thought about getting one.

If you're not worried about losing 1.2K and you hate it after wearing it, I'd buy it from you for $3.8k. Consider it a backup offer to mitigate your downside. In other words, go for it! And post pics and reviews when you get it.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 02:41 PM   #39
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
I think they are cool (though I hear the clasp is a little funky)... I thought about getting one.

If you're not worried about losing 1.2K and you hate it after wearing it, I'd buy it from you for $3.8k. Consider it a backup offer to mitigate your downside. In other words, go for it! And post pics and reviews when you get it.

Well it’s not 1.2k. It’s 1.8k. But I just went with what he said because it wasn’t worth arguing about. Anyways thanks for the offer. I have pretty much Made up my mind to keep it regardless because 42mm is my sweet spot. I plan on putting it on a rubber strap but want the steel bracelet for winter time.

Old 11 June 2020, 06:33 AM   #40
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
Chopard makes cool looking watches, but to me it is not a swiss watch if that makes any difference to you.

What? How do you figure this. Here’s a shot of my Chopard sport 2000. It says Swiss made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2020, 11:52 PM   #41
slcbbrown
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50's TT t-bird
I realize this is an old thread, but I'd much rather have an luc Chopard than a Sub. the bezel does look a bit "off", to me. That white dial version is a stunner, though.
slcbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote