The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 March 2019, 02:42 AM   #31
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
The market premium for a Blue Sky is 5-6k. Not great but a lot better than a SS Daytona.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 04:00 AM   #32
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRacker View Post
The market premium for a Blue Sky is 5-6k. Not great but a lot better than a SS Daytona.
I like the SkyDweller with that kind of premium over the Daytona and its premium.

You can find blue SkyD’s on the gray market all the time.
Old 25 March 2019, 04:10 AM   #33
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

No wait at all, got one from a friend here on TRF.

Cmon guys, you KNOW there is no list. You KNOW the truth. Just buying a couple watches at an AD doesn't cut it. There's plenty of availability here on TRF, Chrono24, DavidSW, etc. Have been enjoying my SS SkyD blue for about a year.

Enjoy your time.

PS: decided scew it, want a new wg Pepsi just announced, so I'll wait for DavidSW or guys here. Support those who provide, not those who deny.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 05:15 AM   #34
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Cristo View Post
Not surprised lol, bewildered cause I still don’t know what gets you on the vip list as I have bought a dd40 YG and a dj36 off them previously as well other more “desirable” pieces.
I would suspect the formula goes something like this:

IF:
X*(Market Price of desirable piece - MSRP of desirable piece) <= cumulative profit from customer

THEN:
Customer is eligible to buy that desirable piece at MSRP

Where X is some factor related to how nice the customer is, whether or not local, likeliness to flip, potential for meaningful future business in non-hot pieces, and referrals, etc.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:43 AM   #35
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
No wait at all, got one from a friend here on TRF.

Cmon guys, you KNOW there is no list. You KNOW the truth. Just buying a couple watches at an AD doesn't cut it. There's plenty of availability here on TRF, Chrono24, DavidSW, etc. Have been enjoying my SS SkyD blue for about a year.

Enjoy your time.

PS: decided scew it, want a new wg Pepsi just announced, so I'll wait for DavidSW or guys here. Support those who provide, not those who deny.
Agreed. One thing you can count on from ADs is the best lip service in the world. Greys at least deliver.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:45 AM   #36
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Funny how things work sometimes. I have SS Pepsi and SS BlueSky and yet I'm still waiting for a Daytona.

I've been offered a £5.5k+ Premium on Pepsi and £4.5k on Blue Sky but these guys are going nowhere.
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:55 AM   #37
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Been waiting over 15 months already here. Offered black and declined , then white and declined...holding out for blue.
Get the white and send it in for a dial change? FWIW I have the white and it's amazing. So legible and better than the blue IMHO when compared side by side (had all three next to each other)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
cuibono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:57 AM   #38
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleplay View Post
I feel the same way, but my tastes are not always mainstream. However, doesn't make a difference, cos the white isn't available anyway!

I would not pass up a white if it was offered to me at retail price.
The white isn't that far off msrp from greys I thought...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
cuibono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:11 AM   #39
Yeldraw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
I showed interest in the Blue Skydweller just after they came out at Baselworld 2017.

I got mine Christmas 2018.

My AD told me they had only had 3 since they were released.
Yeldraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:12 AM   #40
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

The manager of my favourite AD told me, SS Sky Dweller is the hardest watch to get since they received the least amount of SS Sky Dweller compared to other SS sport, even harder to get than a SS Daytona. Thanks god I have no interest in one. After a while you got tired of the Rolex waiting list games even just to get a basic Sub. More power to you guys!
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:35 AM   #41
zjd168
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRacker View Post
Very good point, the blue SkyD is more difficult to get than Daytona C and BLRO, but its premium is less.
zjd168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 03:46 AM   #42
Miexpeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sky Dweller,
Walked in to my AD yesterday here in the UK for a post Basel catch up and to chat about preference for next purchase.
After a coffee and a long chat, owner goes off and when he returns presents me with a blue sky-dweller. “Would you like it?” He asks! Now this wasn’t even in my top three, because of the rarity of them. So his question threw me initially. There I was holding in my hand a watch a rare as hens teeth and I had just been offered the chance to buy it. I couldn’t believe it. After the question had sunk in, I replied, can I have the rest of the afternoon to think about it? Yes, of course, came the reply and with that I left the shop.
30 seconds later I returned and said there is nothing to think about and yes I would like to buy it. A further cup of coffee later whilst funds were transferred and payment made.
I again left the shop this time with my new watch, bottle of champagne and even the warranty card.
If this experience doesn’t demonstrate the importance of establishing a good relationship with an AD, I don’t know what would.
Also got my name added to the list for a stainless PP.
keep the faith guys, things like this do happen. Couple of photo taken today added below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miexpeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 03:59 AM   #43
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miexpeman View Post
Walked in to my AD yesterday here in the UK for a post Basel catch up and to chat about preference for next purchase.
After a coffee and a long chat, owner goes off and when he returns presents me with a blue sky-dweller. “Would you like it?” He asks! Now this wasn’t even in my top three, because of the rarity of them. So his question threw me initially. There I was holding in my hand a watch a rare as hens teeth and I had just been offered the chance to buy it. I couldn’t believe it. After the question had sunk in, I replied, can I have the rest of the afternoon to think about it? Yes, of course, came the reply and with that I left the shop.
30 seconds later I returned and said there is nothing to think about and yes I would like to buy it. A further cup of coffee later whilst funds were transferred and payment made.
I again left the shop this time with my new watch, bottle of champagne and even the warranty card.
If this experience doesn’t demonstrate the importance of establishing a good relationship with an AD, I don’t know what would.
Also got my name added to the list for a stainless PP.
keep the faith guys, things like this do happen. Couple of photo taken today added below.

Don't know how you swung the card but well done and enjoy! Mine says hello..

SD11.jpg
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 04:35 AM   #44
Miexpeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sky Dweller,
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. View Post
Don't know how you swung the card but well done and enjoy! Mine says hello..

Attachment 1034514

Cheers. Looks good on the wrist. Enjoy the privilege

Miexpeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 06:42 AM   #45
Timdogg6
"TRF" Member

Took me 20 months but I am soo happy I waited!
Timdogg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 07:18 AM   #46
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
My AD (sample size of one) told me it is the hardest watch for them to get bar none. I am on the list. I might be waiting a long time....
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 08:03 AM   #47
cc75
Banned

Watch: Skydweller
Took me 3 months. Bought it in january 2018.
cc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 08:12 AM   #48
Starhutch
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: PROBLEM
As others have mentioned my AD has said the same that the SS Sky D is the most limited he receives all year. Had mine on at the AD this past week and a few of the sales people even wanted to see one in the “wild”
Starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 08:26 AM   #49
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Took me 2 years to get one. So worth it though! Definitely the rarest SS piece in the lineup.
Old 14 April 2019, 08:30 AM   #50
vivicorsi
Banned

The blue is the hardest to get , and the most beautiful in my opinion.
Wonderful watch.
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 09:10 AM   #51
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

For me, at my AD, there is no wait, because I can't get on the wait list. They have been allocated two SS blue this year. I wanted a SS black. They have been allocated one this year. A TT can be ordered. I have a black TT coming. Might be next week, might be December.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 09:17 AM   #52
gccmd
"TRF" Member

It took about a year from the Baselworld release for me to get mine from my AD. Supposedly it was only the 2nd one that they had received.
I’m not sure if it’s harder to obtain than the BLRO- I’m still waiting for that one.
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 09:20 AM   #53
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano1937 View Post
I would class my self as a good customer bought 3 steel watches and 2 rose gold watches of my ad how much money do you have to spend to be a “VIP” what a joke been waiting for hulk for 7months

Damn. I’d say $50k-$100k within 1 year, depending on where the AD is. Sounds like you hit the latter. Weird. I would have a conversation with the store manager.

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 10:29 AM   #54
tomminator855
Banned

I went in to my AD to put on my name only a week after I bought a Hulk so about 2weeks later my AD called me that they got a good News for me ,saying that my blue sky dweller is ready to be picked up . This is was a year ago .

tomminator855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 11:50 AM   #55
cc75
Banned

Watch: Skydweller
To me, my blue SkyD was easier to get that the Daytona C.
I am still waiting for that one ( ordered in january 2018).
cc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 12:01 PM   #56
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
This is another sad example of a wg rolex selling for almost the grey dealer ss for the same watch. The sky dweller, like the daytona, can be had “as new” in wg for almost the price as an unworn ss piece. Could someone on this forum explain to me the logic here? Is it the weight? Is it the subtle (and imperceptible to the layman) difference in tone? Is it ss hype? Is it that people think that a 40k wg watch selling for 25k will later be worth less than a 12k ss watch selling for 25k?
♛ 116689 ♛ 218206 Roman ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Bronzo 671 & 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 12:13 PM   #57
JePro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 / 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Been waiting over 15 months already here. Offered black and declined , then white and declined...holding out for blue.
Wow, you're a die hard blue dweller fan. Sky is mostly blue though.
JePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 12:14 PM   #58
Deano1937
"TRF" Member

I went grey

Deano1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 01:39 PM   #59
tomminator855
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
This is another sad example of a wg rolex selling for almost the grey dealer ss for the same watch. The sky dweller, like the daytona, can be had “as new” in wg for almost the price as an unworn ss piece. Could someone on this forum explain to me the logic here? Is it the weight? Is it the subtle (and imperceptible to the layman) difference in tone? Is it ss hype? Is it that people think that a 40k wg watch selling for 25k will later be worth less than a 12k ss watch selling for 25k?

If I were to pay for grey SS for almost the same price I’ll buy WG model instead , lucky I paid retail on all my watches

tomminator855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 01:43 PM   #60
Deano1937
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post

Answer is everyone wants something that people can’t get everyone likes to be exclusive

Deano1937 is offline   Reply With Quote