The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 March 2020, 06:33 AM   #31
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap1976 View Post
That wont work on a hulk unless she is a vip at that ad and has spend 100k in watches in a year.i wish it would lol

Ps there is a 20 year wait list for normal customers the uk for the hulk ,i see your from the uk.and its not even even a list ,it just put your name down to register intrest in a watch you will never receive unless your a vip and millionaire
How’s your hulk hunt going now days ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
There is no list, for your info. It’s pretend

Quote:
So fusionpaul is lying?

Quote:
Im pretty confident there will be a hulk incoming from me soon.also I'm up next for my bb harrods I spoke to them today been on there books for 6 months.so that can join my bb blue eta and my sub c date
I think maybe persistence is the key.
Quote:
Calls are free I used a mobile only called 25 places a day, now I have a few Rolex interviews .im assuming they want me to talk about how much I love this hobby and how much Grey's are killing the game for us?idk never had an interview in a boutique before to try and buy a bloody watch anyway is this all bullshit that's what I want to know.do I have to wear a suit and tie lol .ps I don't own a tie or suit ha ha

Quote:
Ha ha cheers .there is no waiting lists btw .there is only a register of intrest .And they allow you this if you are liked by the management in the face to face tea drinking meeting
Quote:
Seems the 116610ln sub wait is only 12 months at watches of Switzerland and 3 years for a hulk and you don't need any prior purchases
If you full in the register of interest card not not too bad considering other ads are saying no lists or 10 year waits

I'm on loads of lists amd intrest registers but not from the same group as they will remove your name

This maybe a sign of things to come and we will all get the watches we want easier than 6 months ago when they just turn you away of say stupid wait times or you need a purchase history
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 06:38 AM   #32
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentameter View Post
If they are really quoting a 20 year wait list that then I suspect they're just trying to politely tell you "forget it, it's just not gonna happen", but there is no way they are actually maintaining a 20 year wait list. That is the definition of ludicrous and I would not take anyone seriously that said such a thing. The watch may not be in production in 20 years. The world may not be around in 20 years.
Actually it’s simple maths. Let’s say the AD receives one hulk per month and there are 240 people on the wait list...
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 06:59 AM   #33
mstauqir
"TRF" Member

A buddy just a random call to come buy a hulk that a local AD was hoarding (to likely couple with a high dollar watch). If an AD is in a rush to get it out, I think the market will get soft

3.28Million applied for unemployment!
mstauqir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:14 AM   #34
Mandy01
Banned

Watch: 126333, 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Actually it’s simple maths. Let’s say the AD receives one hulk per month and there are 240 people on the wait list...
Now with the Rolex factories close for God knows how long and they already shipped what had in inventory once this pass and with the Asian market buying in full throttle I do not foresee the Hulks, Pepsis and Daytona's being easy to get as some think
Mandy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:28 AM   #35
IAN1
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Rolex of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstauqir View Post
A buddy just a random call to come buy a hulk that a local AD was hoarding (to likely couple with a high dollar watch). If an AD is in a rush to get it out, I think the market will get soft

3.28Million applied for unemployment!
Keep dreaming. Market going no where near soft. None of those 3.2m people were on any list i promise you.
IAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:40 AM   #36
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
I just got the call from my AD for my Hulk today (will post incoming pics when it arrives). I do have a prior AD relationship and I’ve purchased 2 Rolex’s and some miscellaneous jewelry in the past 2 months so I’ve been essentially waiting for 2 months. Is it a sign of market softening? Are the ADs cleaning out out their safes? Who knows... I would like to think I’m just a lucky guy and my AD likes me LOL.
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:15 AM   #37
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
I just got the call from my AD for my Hulk today (will post incoming pics when it arrives). I do have a prior AD relationship and I’ve purchased 2 Rolex’s and some miscellaneous jewelry in the past 2 months so I’ve been essentially waiting for 2 months. Is it a sign of market softening? Are the ADs cleaning out out their safes? Who knows... I would like to think I’m just a lucky guy and my AD likes me LOL.
You bought 2 Rolex’s and a bunch of diamonds in the space of 2 months and about to buy 1 more - you’re their best friend in these challenging times trust me!
Old 27 March 2020, 11:06 AM   #38
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
You bought 2 Rolex’s and a bunch of diamonds in the space of 2 months and about to buy 1 more - you’re their best friend in these challenging times trust me!
LOL that’s my take on it too! I’ve saved and I’ve been so frugal with my money for so long and now that I’ve caught the watch bug and I’m in the financial position to buy I’m doing just that. Seems like a Hulk is a safe buy and it’s my grail watch so I can’t talk myself down from pulling the trigger!
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 11:57 AM   #39
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygmt2 View Post
Just think.. 4 years ago.. majority of models were readily available!
Touché
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 12:21 PM   #40
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN1 View Post
Keep dreaming. Market going no where near soft. None of those 3.2m people were on any list i promise you.

You okay?
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 03:34 PM   #41
Steve36Efc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedders View Post
My friend got the call today. Hulk delivered to dealers but they are not allowed to open. They say pay 50% now and collect when reopened. I thought I would never see one so I have now got half of one in the dealers safe.
Congratulations Lockdown is going to drag even more for you now don’t forget to post the pics when you collect it.
Omega Seamaster 300
Steve36Efc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 04:15 PM   #42
mstauqir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN1 View Post
Lol this guy..
mstauqir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 04:23 PM   #43
ngypheap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygmt2 View Post
Just think.. 4 years ago.. majority of models were readily available!

That is remind me back to 2016, when I bough my first ND Sub with 10% discount and ship it out with free tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ngypheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 05:08 PM   #44
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
LOL that’s my take on it too! I’ve saved and I’ve been so frugal with my money for so long and now that I’ve caught the watch bug and I’m in the financial position to buy I’m doing just that. Seems like a Hulk is a safe buy and it’s my grail watch so I can’t talk myself down from pulling the trigger!
What were the other 2 rollies?
Old 27 March 2020, 05:12 PM   #45
peter_shore
Banned

Quote:
My friend got the call today. Hulk delivered to dealers but they are not allowed to open. They say pay 50% now and collect when reopened. I thought I would never see one so I have now got half of one in the dealers safe.
From a UK AD?
peter_shore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 05:13 PM   #46
peter_shore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closs1909 View Post
If there is a 20 year waiting list for the Hulk, what are they quoting people looking for SS Daytonas or BLROs?
50 years
Old 27 March 2020, 05:25 PM   #47
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oooo thanks for all the encouragement. I really feel better now. At least I might get a name down that’s one step closer, and you don’t know I might get lucky.
Ignore that advice.....get your lady friend to ask the Ad....no harm and for the record there are tons of stories hear about people asking with no prior history and getting the watch sooner than expected.

I think some people feel better convincing themselves that they aren’t getting stuff because they aren’t millionaires spending millions on stuff they dont want but this simply isn’t true.....being decent, polite and showing genuine interest goes a long way......im certainly no millionaire but ive managed to get most of the watches I wanted
Old 27 March 2020, 09:04 PM   #48
Wedders
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_shore View Post
From a UK AD?
Yep
Wedders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 04:56 AM   #49
peter_shore
Banned

Quote:
Yep
Congratulations

I understand the UK under lock down and all non essential shops are closed. How did you manage it?
Old 28 March 2020, 06:19 AM   #50
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Quote:
How’s your hulk hunt going now days ?
No joy mate still waiting for the call.im gutted that I sold my hulk in 2014
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 07:04 AM   #51
Wedders
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_shore View Post
Congratulations

I understand the UK under lock down and all non essential shops are closed. How did you manage it?
A friend has spent a lot of money with the dealer in the past, so I asked her to put her name down for a hulk. This was a few months ago, and yesterday she got the call from the salesperson working from home. She paid 50% for them to hold the watch until they reopen so that she can collect it.
Old 29 March 2020, 02:27 AM   #52
ellajackson
"TRF" Member

you are lucky , best of luck mate
ellajackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 02:31 AM   #53
Calatrava r
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I suspect the AD may not buy "its a gift for someone else" line. They can better place this watch with an elite client who they know will wear it personally and earn big business down the road from that customer.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 04:20 AM   #54
Wedders
"TRF" Member

I don’t think she said who it was for. I think they assumed it was for her husband as he had also bought from them but sadly has died. He was my motorcycle buddy but his death was not related.
Old 29 March 2020, 04:39 AM   #55
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
A lady friend of mine (no not what you’re thinking) has just bought herself a Rolex. So I thought as she is a paying customer she would be able to get her name down for a Hulk, saying something like she is buying it for something or someone special. Just thought I’d share this with you.
Have your friend contact the manager and register her interest for the Hulk. If ever there was a time for the unexpected then this is it. Good Luck.
Old 29 March 2020, 04:47 AM   #56
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

They ask for the name of your grandkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closs1909 View Post
If there is a 20 year waiting list for the Hulk, what are they quoting people looking for SS Daytonas or BLROs?
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 05:11 AM   #57
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMP mast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentameter View Post
If they are really quoting a 20 year wait list that then I suspect they're just trying to politely tell you "forget it, it's just not gonna happen", but there is no way they are actually maintaining a 20 year wait list. That is the definition of ludicrous and I would not take anyone seriously that said such a thing. The watch may not be in production in 20 years. The world may not be around in 20 years.

At this ducking rate the west won’t be. Thanks, China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 05:20 AM   #58
Abmatt2002
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
Have your friend contact the manager and register her interest for the Hulk. If ever there was a time for the unexpected then this is it. Good Luck.
If you read the thread he’s got one.
Abmatt2002 is offline   Reply With Quote