The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 December 2019, 01:50 AM   #31
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Hard to say what's going on with the Hulk, but if offered one by my AD I would take it.
Old 20 December 2019, 01:56 AM   #32
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Hulk Angry
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:05 AM   #33
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
My worthless $.02 is that I do not care for the green sub and don't care whether it stays or goes from the lineup. I suspect the new movement will be pushed out to replace the 31XX series. Beyond that, who knows what Rolex will do?
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:15 AM   #34
Lerxst_land
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rolex View Post
So I’ve noticed a lot of new incomings with the Hulk in December from members on TRF and friends/family. I even got a call from my AD saying he believes he can get one before January and if I would be intrested.

Same time last year I noticed the same thing happening with the BLNR. My AD called me in December 2018 and confirmed he had a BLNR coming shortly and I managed to secure one for myself in February 2019 just before Basel.

Now in my honest opinion I beleive ADs are trying to get rid of the Hulk models as they are either discontinuing the model completly or bringing it out with a new movement for Basel in March. Who knows maybe even put it on a jubilee and discontinue the oyster (I hope not). Either way it is a very similar pattern with what happend with the BLNR last year.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Isit just me or has anybody else noticed more incomings? Also what’s everyone’s thoughts with Hulk being discontinued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hulk is among the nicest pieces ever made in my opinion. It stands to reason the more supplies that come in the more likely things will be either changed or discontinued. My AD has many deep blues lately, but I doubt Rolex stops those.
Lerxst_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:25 AM   #35
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
I dont think Rolex will but a jubilee on a Sub. They might just give it a new movement and its had a 10 year run in 2020. Im not sure how long the kermit was out before they discontinued it.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:33 AM   #36
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I wonder why people assume that when Rolex eventually updates the Sub, they’ll start with the SS models? Steel Subs sell themselves and there aren't and won’t be enough to satisfy demand regardless of what movement powers them. It’s also worth noting that it’s not like Rolex will run out of 3135’s one day and the next day start installing 3235’s in watches the next - this will be staggered.

Bearing this in mind, it seems like there’s a decent chance they’ll update the PM models first and wait a couple of years before tweaking the easy-to-sell stainless line-up. They have form for this sort of thing given how the 6-digit Sub line-up was brought to market.
Old 20 December 2019, 02:39 AM   #37
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: KERMIT 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoshop View Post
Simple prediction, SS Smurf

I hope not that would suck!

GVAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:40 AM   #38
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Hulk Angry

Official name if they release a red sub Jajajajajaja!

Old 20 December 2019, 02:49 AM   #39
Mr_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap1976 View Post
This is bs.the hulk is impossible to get for retail in the uk

Impossible unless your a VIP

Well I think your stating the obvious.......They aren’t exactly sitting in the AD display windows are they. However they are not IMPOSSIBLE to get for retail in the UK. And as for any professional stainless steel sport models you have to have a decent history with an AD to get offered one. If I tell you how much I paid for all of my watches and how much I will pay for the HULK when he receives it you will not beleive me. Luckily for me I have a great relationship with an AD where I am able to pay 18% tax free on all of my watches!

Moral of the story nothing is impossible!

Mr_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:51 AM   #40
glamorama
"TRF" Member

PANTONE ANNOUNCES ‘CLASSIC BLUE’ AS ITS 2020 COLOUR OF THE YEAR
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a9234191.html

Just sayin..
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 03:06 AM   #41
chris242
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
there definetly have been lots of sub incomings, both ln's and lv's.
as mentioned before, its just a matter of time before the lineup gets a new movement.
now, will they discontinue the hulk? only the Rolex gods know the answer to that
personally, I don't think so
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 03:26 AM   #42
Billfish
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date, Panda
My AD told me that when they are lucky enough to receive product from Rolex, they have no idea what they are receiving and that Rolex themselves are eliminating stock of older, discontinued watches and dumping them as fast as they can. AD's can't order specific watches at this time and rely on "pot luck". Hence the reason for them calling clients on the "list" with available options other than want they are waiting for. Im #1 on their list for an SD43, but they call me offering up other models that randomly show up.
Billfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 03:30 AM   #43
H25B
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, SD43, OP31
All the incomings on Subs lately makes me think they’re getting ready for some type of update. Time will tell but the movement to me is a given, I doubt much anything else changes.
H25B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 03:43 AM   #44
Mr_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
My AD told me that when they are lucky enough to receive product from Rolex, they have no idea what they are receiving and that Rolex themselves are eliminating stock of older, discontinued watches and dumping them as fast as they can. AD's can't order specific watches at this time and rely on "pot luck". Hence the reason for them calling clients on the "list" with available options other than want they are waiting for. Im #1 on their list for an SD43, but they call me offering up other models that randomly show up.

What other models have they offered you instead of the SD43???

Mr_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 04:21 AM   #45
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H25B View Post
All the incomings on Subs lately makes me think they’re getting ready for some type of update. Time will tell but the movement to me is a given, I doubt much anything else changes.

The form has been stacked with SS incomings subs & Daytona’s! Maybe it’s the season and start January it goes back to a stand still.. Who knows with AD’s and Rolex.

Old 20 December 2019, 06:18 AM   #46
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
The safest prediction, based on history, is that the Submariner will get a new movement like the GMT-Master II along with a slightly redesigned case. It will be extremely difficult to tell the difference.
Ha ! If they do redesign the lugs (please, please, please !!!), you bet we'll easily be able to tell which one sports the new movement
Montremoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 06:36 AM   #47
djgallo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Im not sure how long the kermit was out before they discontinued it.
7 years. 2003-2010
djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 06:58 AM   #48
Lerxst_land
Banned

I called my authorized dealer today and he has been reading the forums claiming the same thing but they literally have no stock and will not be getting any stock until February
Lerxst_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 08:11 AM   #49
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rolex View Post
Well I think your stating the obvious.......They aren’t exactly sitting in the AD display windows are they. However they are not IMPOSSIBLE to get for retail in the UK. And as for any professional stainless steel sport models you have to have a decent history with an AD to get offered one. If I tell you how much I paid for all of my watches and how much I will pay for the HULK when he receives it you will not beleive me. Luckily for me I have a great relationship with an AD where I am able to pay 18% tax free on all of my watches!

Moral of the story nothing is impossible!

read what I said.they are impossible to get in the uk for retail unless your a VIP aka big spender good friends with the ad and all that crap.
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 08:16 AM   #50
Qinhan
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H25B View Post
I really don’t see them changing the case design for the Sub and look for something simple. I do think the hulk will be discontinued. My bet is new movement in the same case, discontinue Hulk and maybe offer another color (I’m hoping SS blue).
I would LOVE to see a SS in blue. Sunburst dial, blue ceramic bezel...
Qinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 08:28 AM   #51
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoshop View Post
Simple prediction, SS Smurf
Why would they do that? There is already a WG version. Want a blue dial Sub? Pony up the coin and go PM
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 08:51 AM   #52
greentimgreen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Why would they do that? There is already a WG version. Want a blue dial Sub? Pony up the coin and go PM

The precedent was set with the Pepsi GMT...

greentimgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 09:44 AM   #53
WhiskeyNovember
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
My prediction is they will put the sub on Oysterflex for Basel 2020. The Green and all black Sub ND in steel with new movement. WG Smurf also goes Oysterflex but keeps the date cyclops. All black Sub Date introduced with red writing on a brushed bracelet joined by a new colour way option. 114060 goes on brushed Jubilee as Hulk and WG smurf on bracelet are discontinued. I thank you...
WhiskeyNovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 09:48 AM   #54
Ssunnylee24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
My thoughts?
Green Submariners are beautiful and I would like to own one @ MSRP, if it discontinues or not.
Ssunnylee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 09:58 AM   #55
snyde
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyNovember View Post
My prediction is they will put the sub on Oysterflex for Basel 2020. The Green and all black Sub ND in steel with new movement. WG Smurf also goes Oysterflex but keeps the date cyclops. All black Sub Date introduced with red writing on a brushed bracelet joined by a new colour way option. 114060 goes on brushed Jubilee as Hulk and WG smurf on bracelet are discontinued. I thank you...

These actually seem like solid predictions

snyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 10:40 AM   #56
Hotrod297
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Personally, I don't think the Hulk will be discontinued. It'll continue with the new movement. ref: 126610LV.

But if it does get discontinued, I'm glad I have one already...LOL!
Old 20 December 2019, 10:49 AM   #57
mudd
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Oddly enough, I walked into my AD today to buy a wedding band and they brought out a Sub, Sub Date, and Hulk. They wished me a Merry Christmas and I walked away with a Sub Date already having the Sub. They are out there, but the green doesn’t do anything for me. It was certainly a surprise as I was not on a list and didn’t really need another watch.
mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 01:10 PM   #58
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
I dont think Rolex will but a jubilee on a Sub. They might just give it a new movement and its had a 10 year run in 2020. Im not sure how long the kermit was out before they discontinued it.
This is the simplest prediction and most likely to come true; Occam’s razor. All other theories become more impossible as they become more imaginative.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:05 PM   #59
Heathen23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I wonder why people assume that when Rolex eventually updates the Sub, they’ll start with the SS models? Steel Subs sell themselves and there aren't and won’t be enough to satisfy demand regardless of what movement powers them. It’s also worth noting that it’s not like Rolex will run out of 3135’s one day and the next day start installing 3235’s in watches the next - this will be staggered.

Bearing this in mind, it seems like there’s a decent chance they’ll update the PM models first and wait a couple of years before tweaking the easy-to-sell stainless line-up. They have form for this sort of thing given how the 6-digit Sub line-up was brought to market.
This
Heathen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2019, 02:42 PM   #60
Roli4life
"TRF" Member

Rolex did do that with the Batman last year. They shipped out tons in November/December. They are probably clearing what will be discontinued stock.
Roli4life is offline   Reply With Quote