The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 April 2020, 06:33 AM   #31
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Thanks mate. Yes, all the email correspondence is with goldsmiths & the transaction on my statement shows WOS
Congrats buddy
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 08:02 AM   #32
DYJ150
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok, so during what’s going on in the world right now & with no expectations whatsoever of securing this amazing piece, I get a call out of the blue from my AD to say that there has been some additional stock coming into the UK & that if I want it then the Hulk is mine.

Only caveat being that I have to pay in full via the email link from the AD (£7450) to which I do as soon as I get the email sent over to me.

Now that’s all done, I am able to go and pick up the watch as soon as the stores are back open again in the UK & safely open for business but it’s nice to know that I’ve managed to secure such a magnificent piece as the Hulk and it will be even sweeter when the wait is finally over.

So in just 18 months, all from my AD I’ve managed to get the steel white and black Daytona’s and now the Hulk. I feel very lucky. Obviously pictures will follow when the watch is collected whenever that day shall be, but first and foremost the health & safety of everyone is of paramount importance.
I certainly hope you get the green beast and not a BBC accouncement that WOS have gone under..Playing with fire chief but fortune favours the brave.
DYJ150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 08:08 AM   #33
JEEF
Banned

Massive cheers!
JEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 08:14 AM   #34
Hulkhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Congrats! You must be well liked at your AD
Hulkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 09:17 AM   #35
VegasMilgauss
"TRF" Member

I hope they can survive and you get the watch! Congratulations and best wishes.
VegasMilgauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 09:31 AM   #36
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
I wouldn't be happy paying in full then waiting an unspecified length of time. If they're taking full payments they should be sending the watches out ASAP

Other authorised dealers can manage it, not sure why WOS can't

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:12 AM   #37
Wck88
Banned

Congratulations in advance
Wck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:32 AM   #38
Ntoz
Banned

Congratulations
Ntoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:40 AM   #39
Andygmt2
"TRF" Member

Congrats mate :) picked my hulk up earlier this year. Amazing timepiece !
Andygmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:42 AM   #40
Event Horizon
Banned

Watch: BLRO
Congrats! This is def. on my list.
Absolutely love how it looks in sunlight.
Event Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 05:13 PM   #41
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats!
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 06:02 PM   #42
Left_at_the_lights
"TRF" Member

Watches of Switzerland have an online sale on and are offering free delivery.

Given that why are they insisting that purchasers of Rolexes must collect them in-store?

ETA Ignore that, just noted this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Rolex watches cannot be purchased via their website as Rolex watches cannot be sold online. Wos have no facility for this. Instead you’re sent a link to pay for the watch by credit/debit card. It’s still a wos purchase and shows wos on your statement.

There is no issue here, but always worth paying Amex/visa etc for some extra protection
Left_at_the_lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 06:09 PM   #43
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_at_the_lights View Post
Watches of Switzerland have an online sale on and are offering free delivery.

Given that why are they insisting that purchasers of Rolexes must collect them in-store?

ETA Ignore that, just noted this...
Yep my cousin was offered a Hulk which he paid for via a link. He has been told as soon as they are opened - he can come and collect. No delivery/collection available.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 08:37 PM   #44
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Tentative congratulations. Magnificent watch. I hope you get it.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 08:51 PM   #45
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Paid in full for vapor, wow!
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 09:01 PM   #46
RJM25R
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok, so during what’s going on in the world right now & with no expectations whatsoever of securing this amazing piece, I get a call out of the blue from my AD to say that there has been some additional stock coming into the UK & that if I want it then the Hulk is mine.

Only caveat being that I have to pay in full via the email link from the AD (£7450) to which I do as soon as I get the email sent over to me.

Now that’s all done, I am able to go and pick up the watch as soon as the stores are back open again in the UK & safely open for business but it’s nice to know that I’ve managed to secure such a magnificent piece as the Hulk and it will be even sweeter when the wait is finally over.

So in just 18 months, all from my AD I’ve managed to get the steel white and black Daytona’s and now the Hulk. I feel very lucky. Obviously pictures will follow when the watch is collected whenever that day shall be, but first and foremost the health & safety of everyone is of paramount importance.

Stinks to high heaven.

Suddenly they’ve got all these hard to get watches?

Or is it short term cash flow and when the world goes back to normal “Sorry sir, we’d double sold that particular watch I’m afraid. Would you like this datejust instead or I can put you top of the list for the next xyz or refund your payment?”
RJM25R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:05 PM   #47
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Congrats
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:10 PM   #48
Gbucciarelli
"TRF" Member

Wow that’s awesome, hopefully everything dies down quickly and you can pick her up!
Congratulations on the new purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gbucciarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:11 PM   #49
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Rolex watches cannot be purchased via their website as Rolex watches cannot be sold online. Wos have no facility for this. Instead you’re sent a link to pay for the watch by credit/debit card. It’s still a wos purchase and shows wos on your statement.

There is no issue here, but always worth paying Amex/visa etc for some extra protection
Thanks for the clarification, with so many scammers around I am very very hesitant to pay money for something that has no confirmed collection date.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:22 PM   #50
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
Thanks for the clarification, with so many scammers around I am very very hesitant to pay money for something that has no confirmed collection date.
Yeh I can understand why some people would be.
Old 11 April 2020, 10:25 PM   #51
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
Stinks to high heaven.

Suddenly they’ve got all these hard to get watches?

Or is it short term cash flow and when the world goes back to normal “Sorry sir, we’d double sold that particular watch I’m afraid. Would you like this datejust instead or I can put you top of the list for the next xyz or refund your payment?”
I have to say I agree with this. WoS have been pretty condescending to new watch enthusiasts wanting to get into Rolex so it will be interesting to see how they engage in the future when the market is different. If they called me offering a hulk I would be tempted but not sure I want to be a creditor of a business in times like this, especially one that made it so hard to give them money just months ago.
Old 12 April 2020, 02:00 AM   #52
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
Stinks to high heaven.
It's called running a business. And yes, you have nailed it. Cash flow is paramount.

I think if anything smells a bit off, it's not the sudden appearance of hot watches, so much as taking money for goods which are in stock but will not be supplied. Possibly ever - which would worry me the most.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 02:10 AM   #53
jgmvm2087
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster Blue
Congratulations! Sounds like a dream come true!

Judson

“It does not require many words to speak the truth.”
-Chief Joseph Nez Perce
jgmvm2087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 05:19 AM   #54
ms9
"TRF" Member

Congrats on the purchase.

I think you will be fine. But I dont understand why they aren't able to ship the watch from their Head office/warehouse as you have paid fully.
ms9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 07:02 AM   #55
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms9 View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

I think you will be fine. But I dont understand why they aren't able to ship the watch from their Head office/warehouse as you have paid fully.
Rolex rules
Old 12 April 2020, 07:10 AM   #56
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

My questions would be:

Is the watch physical?
If yes, then why cant they send it?
If no, then why are they asking you to pay for something they dont have?
These AD's still playing games even when the shops are closed and the economy is nose driving faster than a Kamikaze pilot. All those pieces will be available at list or below in a few months anyway. I would not bow down to them, and prop them up! I'd wait and put their balls in a vice if they reopen and want to sell watches that longer are being pursued by grays and flippers.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 07:34 AM   #57
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
My questions would be:

Is the watch physical?
If yes, then why cant they send it?
If no, then why are they asking you to pay for something they dont have?
These AD's still playing games even when the shops are closed and the economy is nose driving faster than a Kamikaze pilot. All those pieces will be available at list or below in a few months anyway. I would not bow down to them, and prop them up! I'd wait and put their balls in a vice if they reopen and want to sell watches that longer are being pursued by grays and flippers.
Yes physical but in their holding depot not specific branch
Rolex officially don’t allow watches to be mailed from ADs
They’re saying if you want it, pay in full. You’re quite entitled to decline and they’ll go to next on the list.
I don’t believe they’ll all be freely available at or under list in a few months, but just my opinion
Old 12 April 2020, 07:56 AM   #58
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes physical but in their holding depot not specific branch
Rolex officially don’t allow watches to be mailed from ADs
They’re saying if you want it, pay in full. You’re quite entitled to decline and they’ll go to next on the list.
I don’t believe they’ll all be freely available at or under list in a few months, but just my opinion
I'm sure it'll come to fruition. I would have just said no on principle, because I despise the way that many AD's have treated clients.
I'm not sure how accurate the information re. Rolex's mailing policy, they send them via courier all over the world. Seems very double standards if they wont let an AD mail one to a client even when the watch is paid for in full. If this aspect of what would seem like a logical logistical processes is either 1. Another made up Rolex policy that these AD's conveniently make up or - 2. An official Rolex policy. Then either way I dont like the way they always try make the end consumer act subserviently.

I'd be saying listen, your shop is closed, your buisness is without a doubt suffering like never before, if you want my money we do it my way. If not then goodbye and good luck.
Old 12 April 2020, 08:19 AM   #59
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
I'm sure it'll come to fruition. I would have just said no on principle, because I despise the way that many AD's have treated clients.
I'm not sure how accurate the information re. Rolex's mailing policy, they send them via courier all over the world. Seems very double standards if they wont let an AD mail one to a client even when the watch is paid for in full. If this aspect of what would seem like a logical logistical processes is either 1. Another made up Rolex policy that these AD's conveniently make up or - 2. An official Rolex policy. Then either way I dont like the way they always try make the end consumer act subserviently.

I'd be saying listen, your shop is closed, your buisness is without a doubt suffering like never before, if you want my money we do it my way. If not then goodbye and good luck.
Yep, all your points are extremely valid mate
Old 12 April 2020, 08:25 AM   #60
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep, all your points are extremely valid mate
Good luck with it, I sincerely hope you get your watch in the near future.