The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 April 2020, 06:23 AM   #31
BigTasty
"TRF" Member

haha, that is the most polite way of saying " if you don't like it, you can do one"! Brilliant.
Respect to you my friend. No, I'm not moaning about any set up or anything so please don't think that. I'm just UNBELIEVABLY inarticulate when it comes to computers. I'll be honest, you lost me at "published size limits" to be fair but I'll get the kids to help me out, no drama.
Just learning my way around. Let me know if I become too taxing and i'll bugger off, no harm done.
BigTasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 06:24 AM   #32
BigTasty
"TRF" Member

haha, that is the most polite way of saying " if you don't like it, you can do one"! Brilliant.
Respect to you my friend. No, I'm not moaning about any set up or anything so please don't think that. I'm just UNBELIEVABLY inarticulate when it comes to computers. I'll be honest, you lost me at "published size limits" to be fair but I'll get the kids to help me out, no drama.
Just learning my way around. Let me know if I become too taxing and i'll bugger off, no harm done.
Old 11 April 2020, 06:25 AM   #33
BigTasty
"TRF" Member

see! I've done it twice!
Old 11 April 2020, 06:31 AM   #34
dchernikoff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
Saw your story, both parts! Congrats on the Hulk, that's my grail watch too. Wear it in good health. And yes, wear it, they are very rugged you don't need to worry about breaking it!

-Dan
"Wear the watch, don't let the watch wear you!"
dchernikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 06:52 AM   #35
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTasty View Post

You are perceptive, my friend and took it with the wry wit in the same spirit I intended.

No you’re not too taxing - you brought a fresh story to the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 07:00 AM   #36
BigTasty
"TRF" Member

Wahey! It's there! Told you it weren't worth the wait;) Thank you for for the welcomes.
Old 11 April 2020, 07:04 AM   #37
JK911
Banned

Watch: 116500LN Daytona
Quote:
continued.

Turns out the list was longer! She didn't even check, must have it memorised! I lose hope and forget about. Sometime later my 40th is coming up, she's working more, there's whispering. Either I'm getting a good present or she's having an affair. The brain goes into overdrive. I'm getting a watch. Or a divorce. Either way its win/win. 40th comes, my brother drops me a Rolex box. Its a moody hulk from Thailand, he thinks it's hilarious whilst I'm destroyed. Secretly I think the real ones coming, any minute. It doesn't. My birthday's in November so come Christmas the brain starts whirring. I'm getting a watch! Christmas day comes. I don't get a watch. I was gutted but not one to make a fuss, so I just smashed some stuff up. The following Feb I'm sitting in front of the tv and the mrs drops my grail watch in my lap! She'd been conspiring with my brother, as we were by now avid watch fans, and had been saving up for 18 months. The 40th was the goal but she come up short. It then moved to Christmas but again she didn't have enough. She had to pay £10450 from grey which is a lot of money to us. The only problem now is I'm too bloody scared to wear it incase I damage it! I know what your all going to say. She's lucky to have me!
Look after yourselves.
This was an epic conclusion. And provoked some quality laughs. Well done & congratulations!

JK911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 07:21 AM   #38
Dave4D
"TRF" Member

I enjoyed your story.
Nice way to introduce yourself
Dave4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 08:07 AM   #39
Oldfellow
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Welcome. I enjoyed your entertaining entrance to the forum.
Congratulations on your beautiful Hulk.
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:43 AM   #40
Azul
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm getting a watch. Or a divorce. Either way its win/win.
Best quote I've seen in quite some time. Thanks for the laugh!

And welcome!

By the way, you're not the only one with posting issues. Every time I have attempted to post a pic, except once, it showed up rotated 90 degrees.
Azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 10:49 AM   #41
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
Best quote I've seen in quite some time. Thanks for the laugh!

And welcome!

By the way, you're not the only one with posting issues. Every time I have attempted to post a pic, except once, it showed up rotated 90 degrees.
as Denzel would say, "my man". i was just about to quote more or less the exact same words, too funny

and let me say mr tasty, you sure know how to tell a story. very welcome here i would say. but don't let me stop you, do continue
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote