The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 June 2021, 04:03 AM   #31
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Something like this. Or on a bracelet. "Classic "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210607_140155.jpg (185.2 KB, 102 views)
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2021, 10:00 AM   #32
eric.john
"TRF" Member

I was sorta of in the same boat as you. Picked up a Speedmaster Professional (Standard w/Hesalite crystal/1861 calibre) ..and i have no regrets, definitely would recommend it!
eric.john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2021, 10:39 AM   #33
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
+1 on everything you said, including your comment on the PO, and I’ve owned a lot of Omegas.

It’s pretty standard on watch forums to say “ I buy what I like…blah blah blah” while patting oneself on the back.

Nothing wrong with seeking the opinion of Omega enthusiasts as to what the “ icons” are as a starting point…and then working from there to come to decisions on watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I think he's asking which are the Defacto *standards* for the Speedmaster and Seamaster... not what he should like or what anyone else likes...if I read that correctly...

I could say for the Speedmaster, it's the Hesalite Moon watch... for the Seamaster, I'm not sure...the blue bezel or black bezel SM300.... Though I have the first Planet Ocean and I like that better than the SM300, but is it the defacto Seamastser? Probably not.

Yup. People are either not reading the OP's post or they are not compreheding what he's asking.

Like this arrogant and ignorant comment:
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2021, 12:55 PM   #34
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Look at pictures/forums/website and get an idea of the main lines (speedmaster, seamaster, constellation, DeVille, globemaster etc etc). Then it's pretty easy actually ... Inventory in general is good at boutique so you just visit an Omega boutique and enjoy yourself trying different watches. Fairly sure this is the best way up get a good feel on what you actually want.... In the metal. Enjoy the hunt.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2021, 11:55 PM   #35
SN13
"TRF" Member

This is an interesting question.

Here is my stance:

1. People say "Everyone should have a Speedy" ... NO. It's boring to me. ZERO desire.
2. The Ceramic 300 Seamasters are Beautiful. . . . but you can save a BUNCH buying used.... and it's really a "Submariner" in a way. 3 hand, Ceramic. Diver. etc.... Rolex bracelets are better. (my opinion).
3. Planet Ocean line is BEAUTIFUL, but really? Why the HE valve... it's not needed, should be dumped... and why oh why do we need to have such a thick watch? Dump the 600M WR, drop it to 3 or 400, thin it out, dump the HE valve, and you got a winner...
4. The only Omega I own, is 100% omega. There are none like it.... there is no Blancpain, Rolex, etc that duplicates it...

I've found that I WANTED to love certain Omegas... but just never could once I tried them on... the Ploprof was different...

I loved it on my wrist, MORE than in my mind.

--- 1986 DD 18038 --- 1992 YM 16628 --- 2015 116600 SD4K --- SBDX001 MM300 --- 2009 Omega Ploprof White --- 2010 Omega LE LMPO
SN13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2021, 12:44 AM   #36
stratguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Speedmaster Pro 1861 Hesalite gets my vote. This thread shows it best:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=751284
stratguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2021, 03:13 AM   #37
peacocknation
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em!
Thanks for all the input and feedback everyone. I'm leaning towards the Seamaster in blue or black with both the stainless and rubber strap. Seems like it'd be a really fun watch and a great entrance into Omega.

The Speedmaster is definitely getting placed on my personal wish list but I just don't think it's the right watch right now...

Of course all this could change once I get the chance to try them both on. :)