The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2021, 10:46 PM   #31
colpol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Close thread please
agree
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 11:06 PM   #32
PhilK
"TRF" Member

Sadly, another sign of the times. Whatever happened to plain old customer service. You should not have to buy an employee of a shop something merely for them to keep you in mind. They should treat all customers the same. Otherwise, how can they serve someone who is wanting to buy a one-off gift for their loved one or treat themselves to a lifetime present (e.g. at retirement).

Imagine the situation now when someone saves up to buy themselves the present they have always wanted, browse through the Rolex website, identify a watch they (a) want and (b) can afford and then go to their local franchised dealer and receive a brush-off (sorry, you've not spent x thousand with us already this year for us to warrant considering you for that watch). This must make Rolex very sad.
PhilK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 11:49 PM   #33
dbk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
These are fairly expensive jewelry boutiques that usually employ pretty competent career-oriented sales professionals. If the staff offers excellent customer service and you get them a bottle of wine or something, it's not like it's a cash bribe for a city garbage contract. I also think there are geographic differences in how sales staff are treated evidenced here.

I like my AD. They are nice people and have treated me well as a customer. I did not get my SA anything but they did give me a bottle of bourbon and some crystal shot glasses. Sometimes it's just nice to be nice.
dbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 11:59 PM   #34
Kawirider
"TRF" Member

Strange times. We have to get gifts for the people we give our hard earned money to.

I mean, I see why people do. Especially since most models are selling way over msrp. But while I’m happy I got the call for my TT skyD I don’t feel I need to give them a gift. I gave them nearly 20k. I feel like I should’ve gotten a gift. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:07 AM   #35
Heimdall
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR SD4K PP 5167A
No,
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:25 AM   #36
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
My AD always gets me a Christmas gift, never crossed my mind to get them anything, I’m the customer in this relationship…

♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:35 AM   #37
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
The AD I bought all my watches from is not going to be getting anything from me, I have moved house and am now 280 miles from their location, so not really logical to use them as my local AD anymore.

My new AD has already told me that owning Rolex bought elsewhere counts for nothing with them so I am now back to square one.

The good news is that I don't need to worry about cards or gifts for any of them this year.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:45 AM   #38
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

Although AD is filtering clients who are not going to sell back, but still they are selling you a piece that you can flip right out of the door for thousands of profit. Of course they make money even on msrp, much more than years before so it is a win-win, but they also don't have to sell you over the next person on line.

Gifting really depends, if you have a good relationship and if you feel you are being taken care, then I treat this relationship like others in my life, business, friend, family. It is a gesture of appreciation not a bribe. I also gift to vendors that I use and go above and beyond in my business although I am the client, but I know they don't have to as per the contract but they still try their best.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:49 AM   #39
Bigmozza
"TRF" Member

Just going to see my SA at my AD with her favourite bottle of wine, to say thank you for the Sub she has just got me for my son, little gesture goes a long way
Bigmozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 01:57 AM   #40
Flint
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilK View Post
Sadly, another sign of the times. Whatever happened to plain old customer service. You should not have to buy an employee of a shop something merely for them to keep you in mind. They should treat all customers the same. Otherwise, how can they serve someone who is wanting to buy a one-off gift for their loved one or treat themselves to a lifetime present (e.g. at retirement).

Imagine the situation now when someone saves up to buy themselves the present they have always wanted, browse through the Rolex website, identify a watch they (a) want and (b) can afford and then go to their local franchised dealer and receive a brush-off (sorry, you've not spent x thousand with us already this year for us to warrant considering you for that watch). This must make Rolex very sad.
Agree !
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 02:23 AM   #41
Milehighmiracle
"TRF" Member

Yes. It’s sorta ridiculous when taking a step back and looking at it, but he takes care of me despite not being a whale, so it’s money well spent for me.
Milehighmiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 03:46 AM   #42
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Evr, SUB
Quote:
Close thread please
I agree
911991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 05:06 AM   #43
stockae92
2024 Pledge Member

LOL, why are people bending over for AD?

BTW, if you buy enough at your AD, they will be the one that send you gifts ..
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 05:15 AM   #44
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Ridiculous

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 06:23 AM   #45
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
This is why I go gray now. I may pay over retail but I don’t have to gift SA
We should be getting gifted for spending 7k plus on a watch.
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 06:30 AM   #46
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
For a good AD, I think a simple gift of appreciation at the Holidays is well within bounds. Whether it be restaurant gift cards, a bottle of bubbly, etc, I think it shows appreciation for their efforts and for a job well done. Some may disagree as it is a personal choice.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 11:49 AM   #47
Oscar2010
"TRF" Member

Of course. We tip 15% - 20% for average service in a restauarant.
My AD has really looked after over the previous 2 years with 6 watches and a WG Daytona last month. My wife gave her SA perfume last year and I will give mine a High end restaurant Gift card. No Brainer
Oscar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 11:55 AM   #48
aleexxxxx
Banned

Watch: 116520
No right or wrong answer here. Some people just genuinely treasure relationships with people that provide them with great service. I work in the automotive industry and have received gifts from loyal regular customers who spend obscene amounts of money with me because they appreciate the customer service I provide and see me as a friend and want to show some appreciation for the holidays. I always feel bad because they already do enough by being my customer but I’m thankful for it at the end of the day. I do the same on my end. I always tip my barber $50 for the holidays as I see him usually every 3 weeks.
aleexxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 01:43 PM   #49
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Close thread please
...The concept makes my blood boil, but to each their own.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 02:36 PM   #50
Riic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dd
You buy them a watch obviously
Riic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 02:47 PM   #51
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

My AD has commented many times on how attractive my girlfriend is, so finally I agreed to let him take her out for an overnight date. He says I may be able to skip one spot in line. I hope so because I really like her. I’ll be at home crying tomorrow.
HideMyWalletPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 04:44 PM   #52
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmandfl View Post

I typically get them something as a thank you after getting me a waitlisted watch, but not always something for the holidays. Just wanted to see what’s the norm for a lot of you.

Laughable
Halifax Daytona UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 05:21 PM   #53
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideMyWalletPlease View Post
My AD has commented many times on how attractive my girlfriend is, so finally I agreed to let him take her out for an overnight date. He says I may be able to skip one spot in line. I hope so because I really like her. I’ll be at home crying tomorrow.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 06:54 PM   #54
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
The AD I bought all my watches from is not going to be getting anything from me, I have moved house and am now 280 miles from their location, so not really logical to use them as my local AD anymore.

My new AD has already told me that owning Rolex bought elsewhere counts for nothing with them so I am now back to square one.

The good news is that I don't need to worry about cards or gifts for any of them this year.

My AD is probably 2500 miles away. You don’t have to gift them anything but i certainly wouldn’t start over.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 03:53 PM   #55
Jarrah
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
This is so depressing. Spend 100K and need to kiss ass for the privilidge
No thanks.
I can go online and buy almost any new model I want and have it arrive at my house a short time later, you just have to be prepared to pay the grey market prices, which in reality is actually the current price anyway (unless you get lucky or are prepared to wait for who knows how long on a waiting list)

Does it suck? Of course - if I want a watch I should be able to walk into a dealers and get exactly what I want when I want it and at the retail price, but if you want the most well known and well recognised watch brand in the world things are a little different.

Is it worth all the hassle?
You already know the answer to that. ;)
Jarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 10:13 PM   #56
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Funny I asked if they had a gift for me, no one even replied.
Old 17 December 2021, 06:07 AM   #57
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I can't reply here, but look out for my new thread (tomorrow) in which I ask if I should give my AD a gift for not getting me a new Rolex in years!!!!!

Think of all the money that they helped me save.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:09 AM   #58
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2010 View Post
Of course. We tip 15% - 20% for average service in a restauarant.
You tip in a restaurant because those poor people are paid $3 an hour, and live off of their tips. I daresay that your AD salesperson makes much more than that, and doesn't need any further help to keep them off of food stamps.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:20 AM   #59
Oscar2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
You tip in a restaurant because those poor people are paid $3 an hour, and live off of their tips. I daresay that your AD salesperson makes much more than that, and doesn't need any further help to keep them off of food stamps.

Not sure where you live, though I am paying Servers $15 - $21 an hour before Tips ( NYC).The heavy hitters are earning great money with Tips. I have always found this whole “Tip Credit” thing reprehensible here ( it used to be $2.13 an hour when i operated restaurants in Florida a few years ago). Either way, it makes me feel good to provide my AD with a token gift. Happy Holidays

Oscar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:27 AM   #60
Ganymede
"TRF" Member

Is this a joke?

Would you buy a gift for your local grocery store manager too?
Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote