The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 March 2022, 08:37 PM   #31
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt View Post
Nothing makes sense at all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
It makes sense if indeed the watch was shipped internationally (as per OP statement) since the watch cannot be shipped on the original alligator strap without the danger of being impounded by Canadian customs due to CITES regulations - unless the AD was in possession of the original CITES certificates and completed the appropriate international paperwork which certainly isn't normally the case.

This is why all auction houses ship on sacrificial straps that are not subject to CITES regulations.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 09:25 PM   #32
JonaG
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...
What is this “warehouse”? Part of the AD chain or delivery company? A mix up? Said used watch meant for another client? OP got that one instead of new. I can understand if crooked warehouse staff swapped a legit piece for a fake if a Rolex but who has a fake Lange 1 lying around? That box looks rough, a cheap $10 watch strap I ordered on Amazon to cannibalise the keepers for my Panerai came in better packaging.
JonaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 09:28 PM   #33
JonaG
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
It makes sense if indeed the watch was shipped internationally (as per OP statement) since the watch cannot be shipped on the original alligator strap without the danger of being impounded by Canadian customs due to CITES regulations - unless the AD was in possession of the original CITES certificates and completed the appropriate international paperwork which certainly isn't normally the case.

This is why all auction houses ship on sacrificial straps that are not subject to CITES regulations.
But isn’t the strap still alligator used or new. Wouldn’t it still be subject to regulations? I know Japanese dealers remove alligator straps as per their T&C before shipping internationally.
JonaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 12:44 AM   #34
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonaG View Post
But isn’t the strap still alligator used or new. Wouldn’t it still be subject to regulations? I know Japanese dealers remove alligator straps as per their T&C before shipping internationally.
Absolutely, if it is alligator it is alligator - but is it simply an old used leather strap put on the piece for shipping by the AD.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 01:04 AM   #35
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt View Post
I honestly think this is not an issue with Lange. The so called AD probably sold him a used watch. I am just guessing. Nothing makes sense at all.

He did say he ordered from boutique and that boutique received the watch before shipping to him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 08:20 AM   #36
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post

that could make sense but are we sure op lives in Canada and not Filipine? Who knows, but we know for a fact where A. Lange is in terms of its product and customer service. So to think this incident is purely reflecting on Lange is unfanthomable. Plus I personally still find it hard to entertain someone who can afford a Lange 1 but just feel entitled to cheap freebies whenever there is a chance to.

ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 11:33 AM   #37
Gotwire
"TRF" Member

Looking at the OP pictures that is not how ALS boutiques ship timepieces. I have 6 ALS from NYC boutique. Even after service they are not packaged like that.

Which ALS “boutique” was the watch purchased from?
Gotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 12:45 PM   #38
BendyBee
"TRF" Member

Totally normal...for a usd50 watch. Unacceptable for ALS level.
BendyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2022, 05:27 AM   #39
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendyBee View Post
Totally normal...for a usd50 watch. Unacceptable for ALS level.
too rude. not 50 USD. :)

ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 04:03 PM   #40
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey5622 View Post
Watch was ordered from a lange botique to be shipped internationally as we don't have a lange botique or ad
What city was that Lange boutique in -- which boutique was it?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 04:11 AM   #41
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey5622 View Post
Watch was ordered from a lange botique to be shipped internationally as we don't have a lange botique or ad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
What city was that Lange boutique in -- which boutique was it?
Disregard my last, as I got more info about this. I believe this is something that can happen in Canada but perhaps not in other markets, though the damaged strap really is puzzling to me. It'd be weird if a Customs person did that vs. confiscated the whole thin). Glad you'll be all set soon, though, once you get the new stuff!
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote