The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 May 2022, 07:53 AM   #31
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
Do you think you came across as a flipper possibly with offering to buy many Rolexes at once?

Maybe contact different AD?
Nope. I've worn a few of the watches into the store and showed my salesperson that I still own them.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 07:57 AM   #32
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Yep…And the OP trying that in Boca with only a few purchases isn’t gonna happen.
I've spent around 80k there in the past 5 years! I think I qualify for some type of consideration.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 08:02 AM   #33
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowheelies View Post
I’ve had the same experience here in S. Florida with Mayors.
The sales women told me previous 2 purchases weren’t “relevant”…..
Diamonds are plenty relevant.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 09:31 AM   #34
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo954 View Post
Does anybody use Mayors jewelers as their AD?

I have previous purchase history with them. Rolex and a few other pieces. I've been trying for well over a year to get any new Rolex and I'm getting nowhere.

I stop by every once in a while to remind my salesperson that I'm still looking for a piece. I've offered to buy multiple Rolexes all at once if need be. Hinted that I'm willing to buy other brands along with a Rolex if one comes in. I've sent friends to them to by a watch and drop my name. Nada...Nothing.

Are they just one of those AD's that's too corporate? They are the only AD locally to me, unless I want to drive well over an hour away to find another place where I have no purchase history.
I have been a Mayors customer for many years and have nothing but great things to say about them. They’ve sourced me pretty much every Rolex, many of which are in my signature. Just waiting on the Sky D blue dial, 116519 WG on OF and three watches for my daughters. Haven’t asked for anything else, since I either had them, don’t want them or don’t like the reference

Quote:
I've spent around 80k there in the past 5 years! I think I qualify for some type of consideration.
Sadly, thats a minimal spend at Mayors. I’ve spent more than that this year alone and we are only in May…last year 6 digits, similar year before, etc into the past.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 09:48 AM   #35
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’m sorry, but in the current market (up to this point) that won’t be anywhere near enough spend to be considered eligible for Rolex acquisition through Mayors and nobody in that particular Mayors location will make a case for you unfortunately….they are a tough bunch because of their existing clientele spends essentially at will.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 11:01 AM   #36
rolex16
Banned

I remember my first two Rolexes purchased at two different ADs 16 years apart, years ago. Young and single, no need for anything else, just walked in and bought. I never would have owned one had things been like this back then. Sad that experience has seemingly been lost.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 01:05 PM   #37
Hurricaneforce
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I went into Mayors in Tampa and requested a new no date sub. I was emailed exactly one month later where I was offered a new date sub if I wanted it. I went down that day and picked it up. This was approx. 3 weeks ago. I did go in and do the interview for 15 minutes or so as referenced here on the forum. My experience with them was great. I have requested an additional watch for my wife and have not heard back. I had no service history with them prior to buying the new sub.
Hurricaneforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 01:52 PM   #38
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think you are at a fork in the road. Discuss very politely and clearly your view and ask if your needs are going to be filled. Ask if you need to find another AD to spend your money on Rolex watches.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 02:43 PM   #39
CHRONOLEX
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’m sorry, but in the current market (up to this point) that won’t be anywhere near enough spend to be considered eligible for Rolex acquisition through Mayors and nobody in that particular Mayors location will make a case for you unfortunately….they are a tough bunch because of their existing clientele spends essentially at will.
Fleet lord is all over this topic. 100% IMO.

I have found when I stop into new ADs while traveling, wearing a heavy hitter piece while knowing “too much” about Rolex (like spouting references) and/or trying to impress them with how many other watches you own sets off all their warning bells that you’re a flipper or dealer of some kind. Being successful with AD is really more art than science and depends on a lot of things about which you have imperfect or no information - which may lead you to connect improper dots or fall for false signals. However, if you’re going the AD route, I would suggest the following multi-step plan:

1. Stop by the first time, introduce yourself, let them know you’re a Rolex enthusiast but not looking for anything right now, tell them you have some special day coming up soon and want to look at some jewelry. ALSO tell them you have a second special day coming up later in the year that will require jewelry too. Look at bracelets and earrings. Do not mention Rolex again. Have them write you up some proposals for things you might consider, give them your number and tell them it was great meeting them and will think about it.

2. Depending on how busy they were the day you stopped in and the level of interest you showed, expect a call in 2-3 days as follow up. Tell them you loved everything and are leaning toward the [jewelry item] but need to come see it again. Make an appointment to see it again.

3. Keep the appointment and go back. Look at everything again. Tell them you’re really leaning toward the [jewelry item] but you’re not sure. If things are going well so far and you want to know if this purchase will help your Rolex pursuits, kind of stand there a minute and say let me ask you, do you ever see any [Rolex model you want] come through here? See what they say. They might say “never” or “I wish” in which case it’s not going to work for you. If they say “yeah actually we do every so often but it’s very very rare” then you’re probably in business. Depending on what it is, they may even have one in the safe.

4. If you don’t like the answer, tell them you’ll think about it and leave. If you like the answer, you can either do the same or say you know what, I think I will get the [jewelry item]. When they’re writing up the sale, you can say hey, you said you get a [your desired Rolex model] every so often. I have a [life event] coming up soon and I would really like to purchase one of those. And see what they say.

5. Alternatively, take your new jewelry home, send a nice email or text to thank them for their great service, then go back and visit them again after you give the jewelry gift. Tell them how much the person loved the jewelry, remind them you have the other special event coming up soon, and then ask if they ever see that watch come through.

It seems silly etc. but unless they’re just sitting on the piece and want to move it, or they’re totally taking a flier on you, you have to work with them and give them a reason to go to bat for you with management. They have a dozen people come in the door every day asking for the same stuff. If you’re willing to show some commitment to them (and a pattern of buying or planned buying) there’s a good chance they will commit to you (at least once).

Good luck.
CHRONOLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 02:50 PM   #40
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
How much in last 2 years? Mayors has way too many celeb clients. I am in Tampa and we have 3 big sports team. The SA I work with is amazing, but I do have a large purchase history and many six figure referrals. Also try talking to a different sales associate.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 04:17 PM   #41
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Sadly for Mayors and their Florida demographic, this is chicken feed, especially as that’s not in 1 year, it’s over 5.

They’ll have seas of buyers who drop this amount in 1 visit.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 04:19 PM   #42
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRONOLEX View Post

I have found when I stop into new ADs while traveling, wearing a heavy hitter piece while knowing “too much” about Rolex (like spouting references) and/or trying to impress them with how many other watches you own sets off all their warning bells that you’re a flipper or dealer of some kind. Being successful with AD is really more art than science and depends on a lot of things about which you have imperfect or no information - which may lead you to connect improper dots or fall for false signals. However, if you’re going the AD route, I would suggest the following multi-step plan:

1. Stop by the first time, introduce yourself, let them know you’re a Rolex enthusiast but not looking for anything right now, tell them you have some special day coming up soon and want to look at some jewelry. ALSO tell them you have a second special day coming up later in the year that will require jewelry too. Look at bracelets and earrings. Do not mention Rolex again. Have them write you up some proposals for things you might consider, give them your number and tell them it was great meeting them and will think about it.

2. Depending on how busy they were the day you stopped in and the level of interest you showed, expect a call in 2-3 days as follow up. Tell them you loved everything and are leaning toward the [jewelry item] but need to come see it again. Make an appointment to see it again.

3. Keep the appointment and go back. Look at everything again. Tell them you’re really leaning toward the [jewelry item] but you’re not sure. If things are going well so far and you want to know if this purchase will help your Rolex pursuits, kind of stand there a minute and say let me ask you, do you ever see any [Rolex model you want] come through here? See what they say. They might say “never” or “I wish” in which case it’s not going to work for you. If they say “yeah actually we do every so often but it’s very very rare” then you’re probably in business. Depending on what it is, they may even have one in the safe.

4. If you don’t like the answer, tell them you’ll think about it and leave. If you like the answer, you can either do the same or say you know what, I think I will get the [jewelry item]. When they’re writing up the sale, you can say hey, you said you get a [your desired Rolex model] every so often. I have a [life event] coming up soon and I would really like to purchase one of those. And see what they say.

5. Alternatively, take your new jewelry home, send a nice email or text to thank them for their great service, then go back and visit them again after you give the jewelry gift. Tell them how much the person loved the jewelry, remind them you have the other special event coming up soon, and then ask if they ever see that watch come through.

It seems silly etc. but unless they’re just sitting on the piece and want to move it, or they’re totally taking a flier on you, you have to work with them and give them a reason to go to bat for you with management. They have a dozen people come in the door every day asking for the same stuff. If you’re willing to show some commitment to them (and a pattern of buying or planned buying) there’s a good chance they will commit to you (at least once).

Good luck.
Thanks and SOLID advice to get going, especially with jewelry.

Jewelry purchases carry alotta clout with AD's, especially chains like Mayors. The margin is fantastic on jewelry and they LOVE customer who buy it.
Old 8 May 2022, 05:04 PM   #43
watchik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The one I'm referring to is in Boca Raton. I just can't get anywhere with them and whenever I walk in that place, the salespeople rush me like sharks do when blood is in the water. Too many salespeople who are too desperate to sell a damn Breitling, but won't go into the safe and get me a Rolex with my past buying history. The place sucks. I guess I'll have to start all over at a different AD that's farther away.

Exactly same experience. I stopped going there once Watches of Switzerland purchased Mayor’s. Waste of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
watchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 05:05 PM   #44
watchik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mayors has a centralized list for approval of Rolex sales. They judge who gets what based on purchase history. Unfortunately, your purchase history currently doesn't qualify you for acquiring Rolex through Mayors.

Also, the Mayors BOCA market is saturated with high volume, big spend clients, so the SA really don't have much time to deal with people who "hint" about buying other brands. They won't plead your case with allocation management as they just can't be bothered. it's a tough market and they are subsequently a tough store.

Unless you start buying organically from that location, I would not expect you to have success unless the economy completely collapses and things go back to 2008.

BS! Once Watches of Switzerland purchased Mayors, all previous purchase history is no longer available. All gone. And they don’t care.

Old 8 May 2022, 05:10 PM   #45
watchik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
In the real world most of this history AD relationship stuff mainly exists in internet land. As all ADs being a business like all businesses there only and main object is to sell as many of there retail products to anyone who shows interest in buying.

Not really. When Watches of Switzerland purchased Mayors, all previous purchase history was deleted when they moved to the new system. I personally had over a decade of purchase history - all gone, the staff that sold it to me - also gone. Never again.

Old 8 May 2022, 09:40 PM   #46
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Pathetic and not interested. Just bought a beautiful Aqua Terra small seconds. F Rolex. F the games. F ever sucking up to some sales hole. F bundling garbage I don't want. People here have lost their minds.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 10:43 PM   #47
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
Pathetic and not interested. Just bought a beautiful Aqua Terra small seconds. F Rolex. F the games. F ever sucking up to some sales hole. F bundling garbage I don't want. People here have lost their minds.
Agree 100%. All these wealthy celebrities, etc. that drop $80K in one visit existed 10 years ago too, yet you could walk in and buy a watch. What changed? Either Rolex decreased/redirected supply or more demand came in (flippers) or both. I have heard anecdotes of supply increasing, and I believe flippers will move on. I think 2022 is going to be a year where we see the tide start to shift back towards the consumer. Sadly, some like you will have moved on because of a very bad taste in their mouth.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 10:47 PM   #48
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRONOLEX View Post

Good luck.

Good Lord 5 paragraphs of advice to get a watch. Sounds like career path advice to the corner office of Fortune 500 company. Sadly it’s spot on advice these days. Thankfully I don’t need to deal with any of that but if my AD lost their franchise I would have to practice the 5 steps above but most likely would go vintage which has about 20 paragraphs of advice to heed to. It’s not easy no matter what you do.

OP your 5 year purchase history averages about one watch a year. So your options are, follow Chronolex’s advice, find another AD/Rep, switch to another brand or wait on the sidelines till things change. Everything reverts to the mean eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 10:58 PM   #49
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

Flipper/"investor" flag set. Focus on a single model.

Also recognize that you have zero chance at a BLRO or other super hot reference.

Quote:
I've offered to buy multiple Rolexes all at once if need be. Hinted that I'm willing to buy other brands along with a Rolex if one comes in.
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 12:45 AM   #50
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
The one I'm referring to is in Boca Raton. I just can't get anywhere with them and whenever I walk in that place, the salespeople rush me like sharks do when blood is in the water. Too many salespeople who are too desperate to sell a damn Breitling, but won't go into the safe and get me a Rolex with my past buying history. The place sucks. I guess I'll have to start all over at a different AD that's farther away.
Boca has tons of clients that spends thousands each month in jewelry. No chance there for a regular Joe.

You need to go elsewhere.
Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 12:47 AM   #51
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchik View Post
BS! Once Watches of Switzerland purchased Mayors, all previous purchase history is no longer available. All gone. And they don’t care.

Not true. Mine wasn't. My colleagues weren't. Moved right over,
Old 9 May 2022, 01:44 AM   #52
Wllnv19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Same here..
Wllnv19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 01:58 AM   #53
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Same here.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 05:30 AM   #54
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Lol, Mayor's. I'll never darken their door again. Before I had my Deep Sea, I wore my 114060 daily. Went to Mayor's in Sarasota & they wouldn't even let me in the door. I was a bit astounded but I was told I should set up an appointment. I laughed & said no thank you, I'll never beg to buy a watch.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 12:41 PM   #55
watchik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wllnv19 View Post
Same here..

I am not sure how this is possible - multiples employees told me they cannot find my history or 5-6 Rolex watches, a Breitling and some extra jewelry….

Old 9 May 2022, 12:49 PM   #56
watchik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Same here.

Where are you located? I am in South Florida and I was told multiple times that perilous Mayor’s history is gone and no longer accessible.

Old 9 May 2022, 01:34 PM   #57
SBWOLLMAN
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16203,18038,116520
I visit family in Miami several times a year and first became a client of Mayor's at the Aventura Mall a decade ago (my first purchase was a Rolex watch winder circa 2011). After months of patience and persistence, I received the call last month for a SS Pepsi GMT with Oyster bracelet timepiece which I posted on a separate thread entitled, "When a Pepsi meets a Coke at a Rolex Boutique." While I cannot attest to other's experiences, I can, however, say that I have enjoyed a positive experience with Mayor's over the past several years. May patience and persistence always prevail.
SBWOLLMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 04:51 PM   #58
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchik View Post
Where are you located? I am in South Florida and I was told multiple times that perilous Mayor’s history is gone and no longer accessible.

They are absolutely wrong. it's assigned to the info AND email you used to buy those watches under. Is it the same now as then?

They went so far as to consolidate mine as I had purchases under (2) different emails..so now it's all under one.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:45 PM   #59
Wllnv19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They are absolutely wrong. it's assigned to the info AND email you used to buy those watches under. Is it the same now as then?

They went so far as to consolidate mine as I had purchases under (2) different emails..so now it's all under one.
I had the exact same situation…and they took the time to consolidate everything..
Wllnv19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 11:29 AM   #60
Oscar2010
"TRF" Member

Are they not owned by WOS?
I though I was on my way to establishing a pretty good relationship with them ( 6 watches 2019 & 2020). Pepsi arrived at the beginning of COVID with Mayors on the card ( assume they were terrified of a cash flow issue).
Radio silence for the past year, so I texted my SA a week or so ago. No response ( and they are still employed).
Eff them. Shittiest customer service as an operation. Happy to work with my other AD who delivers.
Oscar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote