The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 3 August 2023, 09:53 PM   #31
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwind_Asia View Post
Which ones? I thought they were all told earlier in the year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
that's what I thought/was told
Boodles - Bond Street and Leonard Dews lost the dealerships.

More including Berry's and WOS group will loose dealerships and will be down to 25 doors in the UK by January 2024
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 11:52 PM   #32
Unwind_Asia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestucker View Post

More including Berry's and WOS group will loose dealerships and will be down to 25 doors in the UK by January 2024

Do you know which Berry's apart from Windsor?
Unwind_Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 12:16 AM   #33
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you know which Berry's apart from Windsor?
Leeds Victoria Quarter and one more store
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 06:17 AM   #34
w220
"TRF" Member

w220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 03:10 AM   #35
Rolle PP
"TRF" Member

When I visit Patek in Genève, they told me that the AD will be 280 in the end of this year
Rolle PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 03:32 AM   #36
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
When demand exceeds supply (and I'm not getting into why supply is low), then it makes sense to make an exclusive product even more exclusive by reducing the avenues in which to get one at retail.

They can support the volume with a limited number of stores.

I suspect that ADs will be limited to large urban areas that have a higher percentage of the uber rich (LA, NY, Miami, Dallas, SF, Boston, DC, etc). Some of the very large urban areas may get 2.

When the other poster said that a SA told him that they lose status, and get it back in a few years, I don't doubt it.

If the demand falls precipitously, they will try to find more avenues to sell their products. It would be worth it to spread their coverage.

This isn't GM, where strategy change can affect literally hundreds of thousands of workers, hundreds of millions of dollars, and tens of millions of customers.

A strategy change at Patek is like Stern saying "Well, let's scrap that and do this instead." And then it's done.

When a brand is super hot and demand exceeds supply...cut availability even more.

The WORST thing to do is open more dealers and make more watches to try an exploit the popularity. That is toxic poison for luxury brands.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 05:56 AM   #37
maecenas
"TRF" Member

One way they’re going about this, I believe, is to require ADs to have a dedicated space and dedicated staff (that’s the reason one dealer said they lost it, because it didn’t make sense for them to invest that much, and it lines up with what I’ve seen in other markets). I honestly think this is a form of getting on the boutique wagon that Omega and AP did a while ago, but in their own way.
maecenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 12:04 PM   #38
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

I’m now in the fortunate (or unfortunate?) position of being offered a Patek that I had requested. If I accept it, I’ll be starting my third AD relationship after the first two ADs having lost their status. If I don’t accept it and wait for the dust to settle, then I’ll likely never be offered anything I want from this AD again
Crazywis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 12:16 PM   #39
Cider
"TRF" Member

If the timing and finances make sense, why wait? I am on the list for a WG aquanaut and was told 1-3 years most likely from my local AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 12:50 PM   #40
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywis View Post
I’m now in the fortunate (or unfortunate?) position of being offered a Patek that I had requested. If I accept it, I’ll be starting my third AD relationship after the first two ADs having lost their status. If I don’t accept it and wait for the dust to settle, then I’ll likely never be offered anything I want from this AD again
But if you requested/want it, then it’s still a win-win for you, even if they lose their status, correct?

This is actually a very sad thread, because all these closures really do cause too much uncertainty in AD dealings. I’m even trying to figure out what would a new boutique “require” me to purchase to initiate the relationship? Meaning, what piece(s) that I wouldn’t want/wear are they going to offer? Are there any starter steel or platinum pieces that can open the relationship??
Sad to think my PP relationship ends so abruptly.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 06:00 PM   #41
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
But if you requested/want it, then it’s still a win-win for you, even if they lose their status, correct?

This is actually a very sad thread, because all these closures really do cause too much uncertainty in AD dealings. I’m even trying to figure out what would a new boutique “require” me to purchase to initiate the relationship? Meaning, what piece(s) that I wouldn’t want/wear are they going to offer? Are there any starter steel or platinum pieces that can open the relationship??
Sad to think my PP relationship ends so abruptly.
It is a short term win as it gets me starter pieces that I want but it isn’t very clear to me if it is a long term win in terms of progressing me towards application pieces, especially if the AD loses status.
Old 6 August 2023, 01:57 AM   #42
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is a short term win as it gets me starter pieces that I want but it isn’t very clear to me if it is a long term win in terms of progressing me towards application pieces, especially if the AD loses status.
Ah, I understand now. Then, yes, you make a great point that I didn’t see.
We’re there common “starter” pieces that you noticed the different ADs would offer?

p.s. I miss the good ol days. This all still feels like we’ve stepped into the Twilight Zone:)
Old 6 August 2023, 08:20 AM   #43
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We’re there common “starter” pieces that you noticed the different ADs would offer?
Wouldn’t that depend on what you ask for along with some (or a lot of) patience?
Old 6 August 2023, 09:43 AM   #44
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wouldn’t that depend on what you ask for along with some (or a lot of) patience?
Yes, you’re correct *sigh*. At this point I’m all discombobulated by these changes and am not making sense.
I think it’s more appropriate to appreciate the pieces I have been able to get from my AD, and admit my Patek journey is at an end.
Old 6 August 2023, 10:02 AM   #45
Xpatcan1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711/1A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestucker View Post

I didn’t think boodles bond st ever had patek?
Old 6 August 2023, 10:39 AM   #46
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, you’re correct *sigh*. At this point I’m all discombobulated by these changes and am not making sense.
I think it’s more appropriate to appreciate the pieces I have been able to get from my AD, and admit my Patek journey is at an end.

Sounds like it, no need to buy something and then don’t feel good about it.

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 11:09 AM   #47
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Sounds like it, no need to buy something and then don’t feel good about it.

Yup, in the back of my mind I know that’s it. Even if I had the funds, it would be beyond stupid and insincere to buy any piece(s) that I wouldn’t wear. This was just my last flailing effort at clinging to a relationship that is in truth dead.
It’s even wrong for me to be seriously dwelling on this kind of material thing, so I’ll put it to rest here. Life goes on.
Old 6 August 2023, 12:25 PM   #48
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Time to look elsewhere methinks. There’s so much great stuff out there from Vacheron, Laurent Ferrier or higher end Moser that is available with little to no wait - focusing on Patek only makes little sense to me.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 01:10 PM   #49
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
Time to look elsewhere methinks. There’s so much great stuff out there from Vacheron, Laurent Ferrier or higher end Moser that is available with little to no wait - focusing on Patek only makes little sense to me.
Agreed, Chet. VC is actually one I’ve been wanting to explore. Thanks.
Old 6 August 2023, 03:02 PM   #50
mooty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
VC in USA now has wait on most of the pieces too
mooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 03:37 PM   #51
Unwind_Asia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Laurent Ferrier has a one to two year wait list.

But you can buy directly from them...I met the head of sales at a Watch Show. Very nice guy.
Unwind_Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 04:13 PM   #52
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

To everyone complaining of the uncertainty, just go grey... avoid the headaches and get any piece you want immediately.

I will never buy grey but it would make sense for people who feel cheated on by Patek.
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 10:35 PM   #53
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Laurent Ferrier has a one to two year wait list.

But you can buy directly from them...I met the head of sales at a Watch Show. Very nice guy.
I was at Shreve’s in Boston earlier this week and they had a couple LF pieces (new and pre-owned) readily available. Very nice Origin blue, classic microrotor ice blue and two square pieces that I did not try on. Really knowledgeable staff as well btw.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2023, 02:29 AM   #54
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
Quote:
I could see this. For instance in the midwest of the US, I'd be a little cautious about building a new relationship with any other place than Chicago. I could see Minneapolis, Kansas City, Columbus, and Detroit as possibly being on the cut list. I have no insider knowledge, but feel that their AD map will soon look like AP's.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2023, 05:46 AM   #55
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
LF you need to see them in person. They didn’t do much for me.

Still haven’t seen Moser; might need to take a trip to Topper in Burlingame and check them out. On the secondary market their tourbillons look awesome and the price is good, but it’s probably one you need to inspect carefully in person.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2023, 06:39 AM   #56
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
LF you need to see them in person. They didn’t do much for me.

Still haven’t seen Moser; might need to take a trip to Topper in Burlingame and check them out. On the secondary market their tourbillons look awesome and the price is good, but it’s probably one you need to inspect carefully in person.

Topper showed me these a few years back pretty cool but somehow never 100 connected with them and also can’t collect them all

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 05:29 PM   #57
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysert View Post
I am told that Patek will be reducing number of authorized dealers in the US to 32 by the end of the year. Anyone else heard this rumor?
We're down to 38 now. I wonder if its six more to go or will the culling continue?
Old 7 February 2024, 01:09 PM   #58
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Dunno, but I’m happy I received my PP magazine today.
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 11:36 PM   #59
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Forever View Post
Dunno, but I’m happy I received my PP magazine today.

Ditto. AD closures? 🥱

Old news.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 02:29 AM   #60
EmJay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I haven't seen one locally in 3 years.
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote