The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 June 2024, 03:02 PM   #61
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
I have tried all of these on, though a couple had different dials.
1, Moser. Take my money
2, VC. Like it, but not enough to buy.
3, PF. Want to like it, but I dislike skeleton hands too much to consider.
4, Czapek. Zero interest. No emotional draw at all. Maybe I just saw to many watches that day
Zero interest in the Czapek! As I've said above - whatever floats your boat and it's obviously not for everyone. The dial is amazing and the movement..... what can I say? I could look at the case back all day long.....!
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2024, 07:11 PM   #62
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Zero interest in the Czapek! As I've said above - whatever floats your boat and it's obviously not for everyone. The dial is amazing and the movement..... what can I say? I could look at the case back all day long.....!
So true. I was interested in three of these choices before I bought the Czapek.

The original frontrunner for me was the Moser - mostly for the truly unique and amazing bracelet. And still, I think that bracelet design is class. But when I tried it on, I couldn't get over how bulbous the case is at the intersection with the bracelet. For me, integrated bracelet watches are interesting because of the linear flow between the bracelet and the case. While the Moser is technically integrated, they designed out the coolest part of an integration (again... for my taste) by having the case crop out after intersecting with the bracelet. Makes me wonder, why have it integrated at all if you are going make it look like any other watch and bracelet?

The PF is a terrific watch, but for me, it's a little dainty. Too much of an old man dress watch look and feel on the wrist. I was looking for something more sporty.

The Czapek was the winner because the linear design, the dial, and of course the movement, are all fantastic. It didn't hurt that the customer service was also fantastic. Light years ahead of both Moser and PF, for my personality.

In any case, these are all personal preferences. I would say that its almost impossible to choose unless you get close and personal with the watches. When you know, you know.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote