The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 September 2024, 10:28 AM   #61
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRjr View Post
Correctly? Get over yourself

The watch was designed for left handed people, to be worn on the right wrist. I don’t know why anyone else would want one. It looks weird when worn backwards. Too gimmicky for me. Sadly, I couldn’t wear it on either wrist, because I’ve been wearing my non-Destro watches “correctly” for years, even though, I’m a true southpaw. My husband, on the other hand (pun intended ), also a true southpaw, wears his watch “incorrectly”, as a lot of lefties decide to do, so as not to bang up their watch, while doing things with their dominant hand. They feel they have no choice. This watch is meant for them.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 11:01 AM   #62
Chapters
"TRF" Member

If I own a watch, I am wearing it on the left wrist. I’m right handed and that’s always the wrist on which I’ve worn my watches. It doesn’t matter what side the crown is on; it’s going on my left wrist.

I fail to see some of the logic (beyond expressions of opinion to which everyone is entitled) in this discussion.

If one thinks it looks odd that a right handed person wears a VTNR on the left wrist, fair play, all are entitled to their opinion. However, if we follow the same logic, then is it likewise odd to see a left handed person wear a watch on their right wrist (with a right side crown)? Of course not. It is what it is. I would never think a southpaw wearing a BLNR on their right wrist is odd and visually would not appear so to me.

Respectfully, just my

Chapters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 04:22 PM   #63
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Play nice.
It’s clearly a watch intended to be worn on the right wrist by lefties.
Correctly or incorrectly is semantics.
If worn on the left wrist, it’s not as intended by Rolex.
Would properly work better for you?

Yes, properly might have been a slightly better word. As a lefty, I am very familiar with Destro watches. Not sure why there is pushback on this issue. I do get that some righties want to be different, and that’s their prerogative.

Kat

Old 8 September 2024, 04:33 PM   #64
KatGirl

Any regrets going sprite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapters View Post
If I own a watch, I am wearing it on the left wrist. I’m right handed and that’s always the wrist on which I’ve worn my watches. It doesn’t matter what side the crown is on; it’s going on my left wrist.

I fail to see some of the logic (beyond expressions of opinion to which everyone is entitled) in this discussion.

If one thinks it looks odd that a right handed person wears a VTNR on the left wrist, fair play, all are entitled to their opinion. However, if we follow the same logic, then is it likewise odd to see a left handed person wear a watch on their right wrist (with a right side crown)? Of course not. It is what it is. I would never think a southpaw wearing a BLNR on their right wrist is odd and visually would not appear so to me.

Respectfully, just my

It’s not the same thing. Only 10% of people in the world are left handed, and probably 98% of watches are designed with the other 90% of people (righties) in mind. As a result, many lefties wear watches on their right wrist out of necessity, to keep their watches from getting banged up, while going about their ADLs. Righties, who wear Destro watches on their left wrist, do so because it’s a novelty. In both groups, the watches look a bit awkward, but the lefties don’t have a choice, unless they get a Destro. Having said all of that, anyone can do as they like. I do think, though, that righties should leave the Destros for the lefties. There aren’t that many Destros available.

Kat

Old 9 September 2024, 01:44 AM   #65
Chapters
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Righties, who wear Destro watches on their left wrist, do so because it’s a novelty.

Kat

Respectfully, that statement is overly broad. I truly like the VTNR, full stop. It has nothing to do with it being a “novelty” or being “different” either. I particularly like the color of the VTNR. It’s fantastic!

Moreover, I own a left side crown Monaco, so the placement of the crown doesn’t matter to me.

Also, us righties that like and own the VTNR shouldn’t have bought one because we should “leave the Destros for the lefties”?
Old 9 September 2024, 03:52 AM   #66
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Respectfully, that statement is overly broad. I truly like the VTNR, full stop. It has nothing to do with it being a “novelty” or being “different” either. I particularly like the color of the VTNR. It’s fantastic!

Moreover, I own a left side crown Monaco, so the placement of the crown doesn’t matter to me.

Also, us righties that like and own the VTNR shouldn’t have bought one because we should “leave the Destros for the lefties”?
I agree to do as one likes but interestingly, I was told my AD was initially only allocating to left handed customers. May have changed by now.
Old 9 September 2024, 03:58 AM   #67
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona

It’s crazy how this thread disintegrated solely because people want to tell others what the correct way to wear a watch is or claiming they know what or who Rolex designed a watch for despite amy statements from the brand supporting their clairvoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 04:07 AM   #68
KatGirl

Quote:
I agree to do as one likes but interestingly, I was told my AD was initially only allocating to left handed customers. May have changed by now.

Well, at least you and I know for whom they designed Destro watches. It surprises me that many other watch enthusiasts don’t get it. I talked to my husband about this thread, and showed him the pics, and he said he’d like to have one, so maybe I need to add it to my growing wish list.

Kat

Old 9 September 2024, 04:09 AM   #69
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
It’s crazy how this thread disintegrated solely because people want to tell others what the correct way to wear a watch is or claiming they know what or who Rolex designed a watch for despite amy statements from the brand supporting their clairvoyance.

Since I believe you are referring to me, what I find crazy is some people that don’t seem to understand what Destro means, yet post as if they do.
Of course, regardless, wear it how you like but at least educate yourself on the intent of a “Destro” watch before you take cheap shots.
Old 9 September 2024, 04:10 AM   #70
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Since I believe you are referring to me, what I find crazy is people that don’t understand what Destro means.
Of course, regardless, wear it how you like but at least educate yourself on the intent of a “Destro” watch before you take cheap shots.

I know what Destro is, I even know what language it comes from.

Now please link where Rolex calls the VTNR a Destro watch.

Old 9 September 2024, 04:12 AM   #71
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know what Destro is, I even know what language it comes from.

Now please link where Rolex calls the VTNR a Destro watch.

You got me.
I bow out.

BTW, again, I could care less.
I got in this thread because of an unwarranted snarky response to Kat, by a member now banned.

Go look up Destro watch. You’ll find your answer there.
Old 9 September 2024, 04:13 AM   #72
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Might have already answered.

Zero regrets. Rolex makes over 800 model configurations. Buy another one if you are not feeling it.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 04:32 AM   #73
Chapters
"TRF" Member

I cannot believe I have to say this, but I am aware of what a destro watch is as well.

I am still perplexed by some of these responses.

The OP’s question pertained to whether there were regrets from those regarding the VTNR.

Some have provided substantive answers while others have chimed in with righties should save the VTNR for lefties, there is a “correct” wrist for the VTNR, and others must not understand the meaning of destro and/or otherwise not get it. To each their own. Agree to disagree.

It’s just a watch. It’s Sunday. Cheers.
Old 9 September 2024, 05:49 AM   #74
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You got me.
I bow out.

BTW, again, I could care less.
I got in this thread because of an unwarranted snarky response to Kat, by a member now banned.

Go look up Destro watch. You’ll find your answer there.
He got banned?

Now THAT’S weird
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 06:22 AM   #75
KatGirl

Quote:
I cannot believe I have to say this, but I am aware of what a destro watch is as well.

I am still perplexed by some of these responses.

The OP’s question pertained to whether there were regrets from those regarding the VTNR.

Some have provided substantive answers while others have chimed in with righties should save the VTNR for lefties, there is a “correct” wrist for the VTNR, and others must not understand the meaning of destro and/or otherwise not get it. To each their own. Agree to disagree.

It’s just a watch. It’s Sunday. Cheers.

We all have opinions. I know mine can be strong. I am as surprised as you, at others’ responses. I just don’t get why righties would want a watch specifically designed for lefties. That’s it, in a nutshell. It’s OK for us to disagree. No worries here. Cheers!

Kat

Old 9 September 2024, 07:00 AM   #76
Mystro

IF Rolex makes this GMT color combo for the right hand as well as the left, then what??? Do we see a flood of lefty models traded in for right handed models?? I know if I was a lefty, I would own this watch last year.
Old 9 September 2024, 07:03 AM   #77
KVNNSCHNG
"TRF" Member

Zero regrets here.

Old 9 September 2024, 08:05 AM   #78
Chapters
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
We all have opinions. I know mine can be strong. I am as surprised as you, at others’ responses. I just don’t get why righties would want a watch specifically designed for lefties. That’s it, in a nutshell. It’s OK for us to disagree. No worries here. Cheers!

Kat

Cheers, Kat!
Old 9 September 2024, 08:33 AM   #79
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNNSCHNG View Post
Zero regrets here.

I’ve never seen an incorrectly worn watch look so good!

(Joking)

Old 9 September 2024, 08:37 AM   #80
KVNNSCHNG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve never seen an incorrectly worn watch look so good!

(Joking)

Old 9 September 2024, 09:18 AM   #81
rolph
"TRF" Member

The left side crown definitely gives it a unique look, and having the cyclops on the left does create a nice balance. It's always interesting to hear how different features resonate with people.
rolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2024, 11:06 AM   #82
mpkRolex

Watch: Pepsi & Starbucks
I had doubt so didn't buy thus no regret. But appreciate those who appreciate

"Rolex is highly addictive. Please shop responsibly"
mpkRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 08:52 AM   #83
Expwatches
Banned

Zero regret on Sprite, It's a lovely GMT with a good bezel color combo, I love it on jubilee bracelet, you can get one if not warried with position of the crown.
Expwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 06:20 PM   #84
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

I love the Sprite, and wearing it on the left hand IS what makes it special... all of the other Rolex date watches have the cyclops on the right side, so seeing it on the left makes me think more about the watch itself and appreciate it more.. because I have nothing else like it AND it's different. It elicits a different type of good feeling that I wouldn't get if it has just been another "right hand" watch!

I'm sure left-hand guys who get one and wear it on the "right" hand probably feel the same way since they've been wearing a date Rolex a certain way all this time, right?

I get it, some just can't accept it or come to grips with seeing it "backwards".. but to me, it's refreshing!

Lots of ways to look at this one....
Ferrari-F430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 11:02 PM   #85
mattvg
"TRF" Member

There's nothing I don't like about the VTNR. I write left handed and wear a watch on my right wrist. It feels particularly special getting to enjoy a cool color combo that's only available on a watch configured for the way I prefer wearing one.
mattvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 01:50 AM   #86
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari-F430 View Post
I love the Sprite, and wearing it on the left hand IS what makes it special... all of the other Rolex date watches have the cyclops on the right side, so seeing it on the left makes me think more about the watch itself and appreciate it more.. because I have nothing else like it AND it's different. It elicits a different type of good feeling that I wouldn't get if it has just been another "right hand" watch!

I'm sure left-hand guys who get one and wear it on the "right" hand probably feel the same way since they've been wearing a date Rolex a certain way all this time, right?

I get it, some just can't accept it or come to grips with seeing it "backwards".. but to me, it's refreshing!

Lots of ways to look at this one....
I can appreciate this take on the topic.
It's exactly why I want the VTNR. It's a refreshing and unique look.
Same reason I like the Tudor LHD and PAM 217.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 02:17 AM   #87
macluven
"TRF" Member

I'm not a lefty but will be picking up my Sprite tomorrow.

I do agree that not having the crown dig into the back of my hand will be refreshing. It will take some getting use to winding the crown from the other side and the date window, but I just like the color combo and after waiting almost a year, I can't wait to pick her up!

I appreciate the design and a different look as well as the rarity of a Destro Rolex. Only one in the Rolex lineup. What's not to like?? LOL
Philippians 4:11–13
macluven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 03:19 AM   #88
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
I can appreciate this take on the topic.
It's exactly why I want the VTNR. It's a refreshing and unique look.
Same reason I like the Tudor LHD and PAM 217.

Same here. It’s a different user experience to slice up a watch collection.

Old 11 September 2024, 03:34 AM   #89
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvg View Post
There's nothing I don't like about the VTNR. I write left handed and wear a watch on my right wrist. It feels particularly special getting to enjoy a cool color combo that's only available on a watch configured for the way I prefer wearing one.

It was specially designed with people like you in mind, not as a novelty item.

Kat

Old 11 September 2024, 04:18 AM   #90
Rocky Hockey
"TRF" Member

I’m not big on watch nick-names but if you wear your VTNR on your left wrist, you’re wearing it ‘Joe Perry’.

Rocky Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote