The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2021, 02:44 AM   #61
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
I walked into an AD two hours before close and was told they have nothing. Then got home and followed up with a somewhat long email talking about my history with watches, attesting that I was not a flipper, etc. The very next morning the AD called and said "they were able to get" the bluesy that I wanted. It's the only AD for hundreds of miles. Highly unlikely the thing happened to arrive from Rolex that next morning. Clearly they had it previously.

But, I have also been told that Rolex corporate is aware of when an AD actually sells a watch and therefore the AD will not get their next allocation piece until the previous one has sold. So an AD wouldn't be able to stockpile 20 LVs in their safe because Rolex would have stopped sending subsequent ones when the first one(s) didn't sell. IF this is true I would say it is a positive thing for the consumer because it does give some incentive to ADs to move product versus hoarding in hopes that a whale will walk through the door.
Also possible that it’s a multi-location AD and they got from another store? Or, again, simply hasn’t finished going down list of customers from my “list 2” and decided to sell to you instead?
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 04:46 PM   #62
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

I pulled the trigger… and I had a very interesting conversation with the associate.
Will share some details soon.
At the moment I can say that it’s an amazing piece!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8A0FDFC6-99A2-41E7-8A27-4090843141DF.jpeg (116.5 KB, 255 views)
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 07:26 PM   #63
Pandos
"TRF" Member

Congrats, great watch!
Pandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 08:10 PM   #64
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Congrats to OP!

It's such an entertaining thread.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, YG Carree, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 08:28 PM   #65
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Such a waste of breath this thread.
At least there is a pic at the end of all of that waffle.
Congrats OP on a nice watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 11:07 PM   #66
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Well done OP

Seams the worlds expert on dealer protocol has finally got bored and left the post

Another My SA told me so it’s true and won’t be told otherwise 😂
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 11:16 PM   #67
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrownprince View Post
People need to stop spreading these dumb stories about ADs having pieces in the safe just waiting for the right customers. My friend is a Rolex SA and I’ve been told repeatedly by other insider people as well:

Legitimate AD don’t stockpile subs, daytonas, gmt or whatever you’re dreaming of. When the watches come, they get allocated to a customer. If that customer passes they move onto the next and in today’s climate it’s usually sold within 24 hrs.

They do not get new pieces of that particular model unless they already sold their current inventory (and activate the warranty). I cannot speak for shady AD but legitimate ADs will sell any desirable pieces immediately and most of them are sold within 24 hrs of them landing at the store. If it’s in the safe for more than 24hrs it’s already sold and paid for and they’re only waiting for the customer to pick up.

So stop spreading speculation, lies, or nonsense about ADs being a gigantic vault of 5x daytona and 10x subs just waiting for the right customer they’re in the business to sell. If you don’t know, don’t spread false information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 12:13 AM   #68
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Just to report on my experience, after an interesting chat with the SA.

1) they had the watch in the vault, on the day I inquired about it and I filled a card with my data and my interest.
2) The SA vouched for me with the boutique director that granted the allocation, this happened in less than 1 week from my request.
3) The SA clearly told me that she decided to "invest" in me and this is to keep our relation going. They trust me as a good customer and she expects that for future jewels, timepieces (not limited to Rolex) I will go back to their boutique.
4) When I picked up my Sub there was another customer close by, he was chatting with the director about different topics, and you could tell they had a very friendly relationship. He got a diamond ring for his wife, in front of me.
Then 5 minutes after one of the young SA approached him asking if he needed anything to drink, he said "actually there is something I'd like".
SA said "let me check the vault!".
While they were sizing my Sub, I took a look and a white face was on the director's desk.
5) Bottom like: They do have some inventory. Lists are real, but they don't necessarily work as you would expect, priority is given to collectors that are perceived as "good customers/good investments", being honest and direct trying to build a personal relations pays off.

This is my experience and my view. Might not work for everybody...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1s1s.jpg (102.8 KB, 209 views)
Old 20 July 2021, 12:25 AM   #69
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Just to report on my experience, after an interesting chat with the SA.

1) they had the watch in the vault, on the day I inquired about it and I filled a card with my data and my interest.
2) The SA vouched for me with the boutique director that granted the allocation, this happened in less than 1 week from my request.
3) The SA clearly told me that she decided to "invest" in me and this is to keep our relation going. They trust me as a good customer and she expects that for future jewels, timepieces (not limited to Rolex) I will go back to their boutique.
4) When I picked up my Sub there was another customer close by, he was chatting with the director about different topics, and you could tell they had a very friendly relationship. He got a diamond ring for his wife, in front of me.
Then 5 minutes after one of the young SA approached him asking if he needed anything to drink, he said "actually there is something I'd like".
While they were sizing my Sub, I took a look and a white face was on the director's desk.
5) Bottom like: They do have some inventory. Lists are real, but they don't necessarily work as you would expect, priority is given to collectors that are perceived as "good customers/good investments", being honest and direct trying to build a personal relations pays off.

This is my experience and my view. Might not work for everybody...
Stop!! Stop right there!!

I know you feel incredibly lucky, practically invincible even, having gotten that Sub, and I totally understand.

But that picture worries me: No matter how lucky you feel, I guarantee, 100%, that you cannot, in fact, fly. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO SO!!!! Please!!!!
Old 20 July 2021, 12:27 AM   #70
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Stop!! Stop right there!!

I know you feel incredibly lucky, practically invincible even, having gotten that Sub, and I totally understand.

But that picture worries me: No matter how lucky you feel, I guarantee, 100%, that you cannot, in fact, fly. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO SO!!!! Please!!!!
Too late man, I'm texting while falling
Old 20 July 2021, 12:43 AM   #71
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Congrats on your new sub.
Old 20 July 2021, 12:45 AM   #72
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Looks great, congrats! No Date is the way to go.
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:58 AM   #73
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Too late man, I'm texting while falling
At least the Sub should survive.
Old 20 July 2021, 02:01 AM   #74
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Also, some other key takeaways:

1. I want to have just absolute stupid amounts of money.

2. Transacting for a Daytona at an AD now sounds a lot like asking someone if they'd like to buy drugs in a nightclub...
Old 20 July 2021, 02:26 AM   #75
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also, some other key takeaways:

2. Transacting for a Daytona at an AD now sounds a lot like asking someone if they'd like to buy drugs in a nightclub...
I agree.

While I was chatting with the associate she flipped the watch facing her when few guys entered the boutique asking about news on the list...
She was like, "you can understand we don't want to disappoint them".

I mean, unfortunately this is the market. There are hard to get pieces, some are easier some are almost impossible.
I'm on "the list" for a batman, but now I know that I will have to get at least a ring or a two tone DJ to make it happen. They will not allocate it to me, even if they have it available in the vault.
The message is very clear. This is the game, at the moment.
Old 20 July 2021, 03:36 AM   #76
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
I agree.

While I was chatting with the associate she flipped the watch facing her when few guys entered the boutique asking about news on the list...
She was like, "you can understand we don't want to disappoint them".

I mean, unfortunately this is the market. There are hard to get pieces, some are easier some are almost impossible.
I'm on "the list" for a batman, but now I know that I will have to get at least a ring or a two tone DJ to make it happen. They will not allocate it to me, even if they have it available in the vault.
The message is very clear. This is the game, at the moment.
Ever see The Sting? Pretty sure you witnessed the "setup" phase of it. Between the guy who "happened" to be there buying the ring, and the Daytona that "happened" to be in the safe, right when you "happened" to be there...
Old 20 July 2021, 03:53 AM   #77
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ever see The Sting? Pretty sure you witnessed the "setup" phase of it. Between the guy who "happened" to be there buying the ring, and the Daytona that "happened" to be in the safe, right when you "happened" to be there...
Totally possible! I guess they got me and started laughing when I left the boutique
Old 20 July 2021, 04:02 AM   #78
Everbillz
Banned

Congrats, look forward to pictures
Everbillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 04:03 AM   #79
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Totally possible! I guess they got me and started laughing when I left the boutique
Not laughing... Yet... At this point, you just won your first fake horse race
Old 20 July 2021, 06:07 AM   #80
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Quote:
Is the forum a place to call names now?

Quote:
You’re literally a child.
Quote:
You clearly don’t know how this works. It’s like talking to a child that doesn’t understand.

I’m gonna assume you’re naive ways will be clarified
Also...

Quote:
Since you’re new to this
Quote:
This community is becoming very toxic.
Quote:
The jokes just write themselves with this one.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 07:47 AM   #81
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
I pulled the trigger… and I had a very interesting conversation with the associate.
Will share some details soon.
At the moment I can say that it’s an amazing piece!

Congrats on this stunning watch.
In support your theory about AD inventory and I assure you you’ll get your gmt “if you asked for one@ sooner than you expect.

Old 20 July 2021, 08:04 AM   #82
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

Congrats!

I personally believe you were lucky, especially in NYC. I worked with 2 of the biggest ADs here in the city and they showed me their inventory systems when I requested some watches, they had absolute no inventory, yet they have some in their Florida chain. These are businesses to make money and Rolex send them new inventory once they sold the previous shipment. I saw with my own eyes that they only have TTs in the vault, so maybe somebody decided to pickup your sub and then skipped due to a reason, or maybe it was the shipment day for that AD, but it is very unlikely for the Sub to stay in the safe for more than 24hrs.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 08:05 AM   #83
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid1988 View Post
Also...

The jokes just write themselves with this one.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 08:11 AM   #84
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Congrats on the Sub!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 08:20 AM   #85
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberalclown View Post
Congrats!

I personally believe you were lucky, especially in NYC. I worked with 2 of the biggest ADs here in the city and they showed me their inventory systems when I requested some watches, they had absolute no inventory, yet they have some in their Florida chain. These are businesses to make money and Rolex send them new inventory once they sold the previous shipment. I saw with my own eyes that they only have TTs in the vault, so maybe somebody decided to pickup your sub and then skipped due to a reason, or maybe it was the shipment day for that AD, but it is very unlikely for the Sub to stay in the safe for more than 24hrs.
I totally agree NY is a different beast, that’s why I didn’t get the sub here!
I got it while traveling abroad ;)
Old 20 July 2021, 08:32 AM   #86
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Congratulations in advance..
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 08:48 AM   #87
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
Congrats on this stunning watch.
In support your theory about AD inventory and I assure you you’ll get your gmt “if you asked for one@ sooner than you expect.

Thanks! I hope they will surprise me, again. But I’m a bit skeptical… I think it’s my turn to show some love and get something “not that hot” from them.
Anyway, if they allocate the Batman, I’ll take it!
Old 20 July 2021, 10:55 AM   #88
ks58
Banned

Quote:
Thanks! I hope they will surprise me, again. But I’m a bit skeptical… I think it’s my turn to show some love and get something “not that hot” from them.
Anyway, if they allocate the Batman, I’ll take it!

So what's the plan? Will you be buying something else from the boutique to get the Batman? or Are you just gonna hope to get another allocation?
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 11:00 AM   #89
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks58 View Post
So what's the plan? Will you be buying something else from the boutique to get the Batman? or Are you just gonna hope to get another allocation?
My wife is thinking about a DJ, so we will get it from them when the time comes.
Also, I might need to get some jewelry during the holiday season, and the boutique will be my first choice.
Of course I will not buy anything I don’t want or I don’t like, as that would be insane.
Old 20 July 2021, 01:13 PM   #90
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Congrats OP and thanks for the update. I also would agree with you on AD inventory from my own experience and experience of friends… let’s use some common sense...an AD has millions and millions of $$ tied up in inventory at any given time.. having several SS pieces in a safe at any given time is absolutely inconsequential to them… a good business would keep some pieces for the big spenders when they come in (more often than we think).. this would be the way I would run things..
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote