The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2023, 12:00 PM   #61
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
That point only makes sense if you view an allocation of a very in demand watch as a huge favor irrespective of whether you like it or not. I don't share that view and I have some sympathy for OP not wishing to buy stuff he doesn't like no matter how hot it may be. From his perspective buying the green chrono would serve nothing except for building history.
Yup, you and a few other members understand it. I'm not going to buy a watch (or anything else for that matter), which I don't like for 100%. What's the point of that...

Will I have chat with the boutique Manager, at this moment I can't be bothered. I have more important things on my plate, such as getting the SEC of my back, deciding which watch to wear to my girlfriend swingers party, asking IT to delete my browser history, asking my doctor for a negative drugs test, things of that nature. (I'm (partially) joking, for all you don't get it).

Again, AP has been good to me, not planning to sell my APs. I was hoping that they would realise I'm an honest collector. AP came through with the 15510 OR, which is great. Its the RO I wanted first. It's becoming my daily:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img-0090.jpg (143.1 KB, 409 views)
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 12:07 PM   #62
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
Yup, you and a few other members understand it. I'm not going to buy a watch (or anything else for that matter), which I don't like for 100%. What's the point of that...

Will I have chat with the boutique Manager, at this moment I can't be bothered. I have more important things on my plate, such as getting the SEC of my back, deciding which watch to wear to my girlfriend swingers party, asking IT to delete my browser history, asking my doctor for a negative drugs test, things of that nature. (I'm (partially) joking, for all you don't get it).

Again, AP has been good to me, not planning to sell my APs. I was hoping that they would realise I'm an honest collector. AP came through with the 15510 OR, which is great. Its the RO I wanted first. It's becoming my daily:
even if you are an honest collector (and seems like you are), you have to realize they have others just like you but with more purchase history. even if you "deserve" a watch you want, it's not like they can just skip to you. might just take some time since they clearly like you but at least AP follows some kind of structure unlike rolex, which is just complete shit to work with as a brand for the most part
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 12:13 PM   #63
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
even if you are an honest collector (and seems like you are), you have to realize they have others just like you but with more purchase history. even if you "deserve" a watch you want, you're not alone there. might just take some time since they clearly like you
You are right, and don't get me wrong (might came over in my posts), I don't feel entitled to get certain watches, far from...

I do appreciate AP's efforts to prevent selling to 'flippers', however here in HK you see rare pieces popping up on local secondhand apps/websites, and it's always from the same people. I'm sure AP can easily track these people, and give them a warning. I mean...
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 12:17 PM   #64
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
You are right, and don't get me wrong (might came over in my posts), I don't feel entitled to get certain watches, far from...

I do appreciate AP's efforts to prevent selling to 'flippers', however here in HK you see rare pieces popping up on local secondhand apps/websites, and it's always from the same people. I'm sure AP can easily track these people, and give them a warning. I mean...

Must be people like Sonny flipping LEs after 18 months of use. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 12:00 AM   #65
llngoc
"TRF" Member

My experience at the boutique was quite different. During our last visit, I spent a lot of time showing my collection and discussed watches with my SA. And after some discussion, he brought out a piece under the polishing cloth and told me he has something very special to show me. I was expecting a double balance or Perpetual calendar. But to my surprise, it was a full bling ROO with baguette diamonds, which is absolutely not to my personal taste. And I was quite frank with him that it was a stunning piece but not my personal taste to wear diamonds. He was cool as a cucumber, went back to the back room and apparently had a talk with the boutique director. The boutique director and a few of the staff came by and had some more watch talk with my wife and I. Admired the pieces we were wearing at the time. And a few moments later, our SA came back with a tray again. This time with a very nice Code Chronograph in white/silver and surprisingly, a 16202 and a 37mm RD#3 with a stunning purple dial. Of course I was smitten with the 16202 and RD#3 and he said he was glad that I like the pieces and asked if I would like to add them to my wish list. I know it is not likely I will be seeing these pieces soon, but at least he showed me the piece and did not give me the “impossible “ message. So I guess it is really who you worked with that matters.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 12:20 AM   #66
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
My experience at the boutique was quite different. During our last visit, I spent a lot of time showing my collection and discussed watches with my SA. And after some discussion, he brought out a piece under the polishing cloth and told me he has something very special to show me. I was expecting a double balance or Perpetual calendar. But to my surprise, it was a full bling ROO with baguette diamonds, which is absolutely not to my personal taste. And I was quite frank with him that it was a stunning piece but not my personal taste to wear diamonds. He was cool as a cucumber, went back to the back room and apparently had a talk with the boutique director. The boutique director and a few of the staff came by and had some more watch talk with my wife and I. Admired the pieces we were wearing at the time. And a few moments later, our SA came back with a tray again. This time with a very nice Code Chronograph in white/silver and surprisingly, a 16202 and a 37mm RD#3 with a stunning purple dial. Of course I was smitten with the 16202 and RD#3 and he said he was glad that I like the pieces and asked if I would like to add them to my wish list. I know it is not likely I will be seeing these pieces soon, but at least he showed me the piece and did not give me the “impossible “ message. So I guess it is really who you worked with that matters.
lol feels like a honeypot to put the code next to those pieces haha
Gandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 01:39 AM   #67
Whichwwtch
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/RM
Quote:
Curious which market/boutique this was?
Whichwwtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 02:04 AM   #68
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandor View Post
lol feels like a honeypot to put the code next to those pieces haha

The Code chronograph was not bad. And I like the perpetual calendar with the aventurine dial. In fact it is one of the watches on my interest list along with the 16202 and RD#3.
Old 29 July 2023, 03:41 AM   #69
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Of course I was smitten with the 16202 and RD#3 and he said he was glad that I like the pieces and asked if I would like to add them to my wish list. I know it is not likely I will be seeing these pieces soon, but at least he showed me the piece and did not give me the “impossible “ message. So I guess it is really who you worked with that matters.
I would still think that getting the 37mm RD#3 as second AP requires an act of god, but we'll see.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 03:43 AM   #70
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I would still think that getting the 37mm RD#3 as second AP requires an act of god, but we'll see.

I have no expectation but just want to point out that to refuse even adding one to the wishlist by the SA seems heavy handed. The SA can set expectation correctly.
Old 4 August 2023, 01:40 AM   #71
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Oph, the dreaded 3rd/4th watch trough. This is a real challenge.

I think real decision is if you want to invest in the 'brand' with lots more $$$ in pieces you might not wear or juts get what you want gray. My expierence has been you need to bust out of the gridlock with a 7 figure HKD type of price piece to smoothly resume journey or just wait a long time through this trough.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote