The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 July 2024, 12:19 AM   #1
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

An unexpected vacation incoming

Just got back from a vacation to Japan with my wife, and while we were there we decided to visit Nakano Broadway to look around and just by chance I happened to spot this guy. I did one round around the entire mall and saw a million normal BLROs, and then by pure luck I saw this single meteorite dial that was dated only 2 weeks ago and had full stickers and everything.

I've always wanted a BLRO for the longest time but didn't want to pay the markup and couldn't get my AD to sell me one. I kept going back and forth between the meteorite and the SS since I like the contrast of the SS dial but I had only seen pictures of the meteorite dial. Add to that all the chatter about it being hard to read made me hesitate a bit about which one to go with.

Once I saw the watch in person though I was pretty much instantly sold. The hands are not hard to see at all against the dial and that dial really is something else. It didn't help that my wife encouraged me to get it since she says it feels much more special than the SS model. With the weak Yen and duty free price and a little negotiation I ended up paying only a couple thousand over retail. This feels like a much better deal to me than paying 2x retail for a SS model or waiting indefinitely at the AD.

The funny thing is I wasn't even looking for it, and I had planned to skip visiting the grey dealers that day to go look for food but my friends convinced me to go. Needless to say I'm over the moon with this watch, my wife and I both can't get over how beautiful it is in person. It's my first gold Rolex and I'm really enjoying the heft of it. It hasn't left my wrist since I got it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (275.7 KB, 2887 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (291.0 KB, 2877 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (283.5 KB, 2872 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (254.4 KB, 2859 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (278.9 KB, 2859 views)
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote