The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 April 2023, 12:11 PM   #61
bestwatch1
"TRF" Member

You must be "all-in" before making the final decision.
bestwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 12:29 PM   #62
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenDelicate View Post
Don't buy any watch you can't not buy.
words to live by
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 06:52 PM   #63
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Maybe, but prior to 2017, I remember the Smurf and solid white gold Pepsi sitting in display cases for basically years without selling, and they never discontinued either of them. In both ADs near my home, they just sat there forever. I was living up in PA at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was then this is now. Fast forward 6 years and Rolex are fine tuning their game.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 06:58 PM   #64
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
If you had to choose one between the YG and WG, which are you choosing and why?
I have both and wear both. I tend to wear the white gold version more as its understated and the yellow gold version when chilling out in warmer climes.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 08:09 PM   #65
Shaitan
"TRF" Member

For the same money you get a mint Smurf, id pass on this one. Just buy it grey and save some money if you’re not planning on buying any more from that AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 11:23 PM   #66
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

I recently acquired the 126619lb and LOVE it. But, for 40k you MUST LOVE it, not just like it. I have no regrets, it's my new fav for month now and I haven't worn anything else.
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 11:31 PM   #67
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
i would get something else with that kind of money. it looks too similar to the SS version.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 05:39 AM   #68
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
I was just offered this watch as well with no spent history at an AD when I inquired for something else. I graciously declined.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 07:37 AM   #69
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I like it but it wouldn't be my first choice for a pm sports watch. To me, the dial is what lets it down. Some people like the fact that it's kind of stealth wealth, which can be nice if you wear it daily or frequently. The thing is, it's not that low-key since the bezel is a dead giveaway of the fact it's PM. Not really stealthy, but not really the full monthy either. Sits somewhere in a grey area.

I wouldn't wear a pm sports watch daily, personally. So I'd be looking for more pop when I'm in the mood for it. My choice would be the YG blue Sub followed by the WG blue dial aka Smurf.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 01:30 PM   #70
rolexsubwatching
"TRF" Member

Great feedback here- what are folks thoughts on why the old one Smurf is more cost I am seeing than the new one "Cookie Monster" - is this just because of it being discontinued? Or looks, demand etc?
rolexsubwatching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 10:33 PM   #71
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexsubwatching View Post
Great feedback here- what are folks thoughts on why the old one Smurf is more cost I am seeing than the new one "Cookie Monster" - is this just because of it being discontinued? Or looks, demand etc?
The 116619LB costs more because it is discontinued.
Old 12 April 2023, 10:59 PM   #72
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Rolex Submariner White Gold 126619LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post

That blue dial WG GMT has been growing on me these last few years.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 11:01 PM   #73
QinetiQ
"TRF" Member

I'd do it but I'm the most impulsive buyer on the planet so might not be the smartest idea listening to what I think :D
QinetiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 01:45 AM   #74
Bigdaddy38
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116515B
I love my WG Sub.... favorite watch, heavy, feels great and is stealthy.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk
ALS 1815 Flyback Chrono Rosegold, Daytona 116515B RG/Chocolate, SkyD Blue Dial Jubilee 326934, Sub 122610LV, Explorer II 216570 Polar, Blue Yacht Master 40 126622, Tudor BB Pro, BB925 Silver, Breitling W. Navi A24322 White, Speedy 3861, Tissot PRX 80
Bigdaddy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2023, 01:07 PM   #75
rolexsubwatching
"TRF" Member

all the pictures that folks have posted here look amazing- and making me want one more now...
I guess I have always been a no date person and trying to see if the symmetry and distraction of the cyclopes impact anyone...
Old 17 April 2023, 02:59 PM   #76
Wristivity
Banned

You obviously never asked for the watch, and you are looking to find a reason to take what seems like an opportunity to you, right? The truth is that White Gold 126619LB is one of those watches you need to fail in love with before pulling the trigger, so you are not missing any opportunity by passing it if you are not 100% convinced that you need the it.
Wristivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 01:30 AM   #77
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
It doesn't look special enough and the market thinks it's a dog. You'd have to really love it to get one. If that's the case, ask for a 20% discount from your AD or go grey.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:09 AM   #78
rogerrabbit168
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi- just got the call for a white gold Sub from AD - wanted to hear what people thought if should get, the supply and the urgency.

Seems like a lot of money and this version is getting more flooded for a lower price point than MSRP on the grey market.

For some reason I like the all blue look more than the black/blue but it has newer internals.

Thought I would get people's advice if it a good purchase, anyone has a loves it, or hold off a little.
I'm with you on that point. Not that I was ever in the market for it, but I did try on the smurf many many years ago at a Chicago AD and still dream of it.
rogerrabbit168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:53 AM   #79
fishingbear
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTsSubLVEx2SDDayt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
I have one. I love it but don’t advocate buying it at any price if you don’t love it. Too much money if you aren’t 100% sure.
This
fishingbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 06:03 PM   #80
rolexsubwatching
"TRF" Member

noticing more sites dropping prices on this one- any thoughts on why (demand, price, etc) - I have been contacted by another ad they have one- is it not so rare?
Old 25 April 2023, 08:10 PM   #81
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
This new WG sub is dropping in price. Any WG piece is a tough seller to begin with, but a WG sub that is barely indistinguishable from the regular sub except for its blue bezel makes it a really tough sell.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 08:23 PM   #82
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
The WG Sub is an interesting watch. My husband had 3 people offer to buy his off his wrist last week in NYC. One offered $37,000. Another man in deli asked him if it was heavy, that man was wearing a RO. 2 of the sales staff in Wempe asked to see it, they had never seen one and they are a large Rolex AD. The MSRP on them is very high. But it’s my favourite Rolex.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 08:43 PM   #83
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
This new WG sub is dropping in price. Any WG piece is a tough seller to begin with, but a WG sub that is barely indistinguishable from the regular sub except for its blue bezel makes it a really tough sell.
⬆️⬆️⬆️ agreed…and I love WG. I’ve contemplated it a few times, but it just needs to stand out a bit more than just a blue bezel to differentiate a WG Sub, IMO. The Smurf was on point for being different and distinguishable, vs SS.
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 08:56 PM   #84
Agamemnon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - Panerai
You almost convinced me to buy it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 10:35 PM   #85
WheresCassAt?
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Hi- just got the call for a white gold Sub from AD - wanted to hear what people thought if should get, the supply and the urgency.

Seems like a lot of money and this version is getting more flooded for a lower price point than MSRP on the grey market.

For some reason I like the all blue look more than the black/blue but it has newer internals.

Thought I would get people's advice if it a good purchase, anyone has a loves it, or hold off a little.
If funds permit I would negotiate that it be paired with a reasonable SS Rolex at the time of purchase. These AD's always have something in the vault...ALWAYS!
Old 25 April 2023, 11:06 PM   #86
Tomk121
"TRF" Member

if its what you really want
you go for it
its a nice watch
Tomk121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 03:13 AM   #87
rolexsubwatching
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
The WG Sub is an interesting watch. My husband had 3 people offer to buy his off his wrist last week in NYC. One offered $37,000. Another man in deli asked him if it was heavy, that man was wearing a RO. 2 of the sales staff in Wempe asked to see it, they had never seen one and they are a large Rolex AD. The MSRP on them is very high. But it’s my favourite Rolex.
thanks for the comment- was there any issue you thought when you were in NY with safety thinking having on your husbands wrist and people seeing it.
Old 26 April 2023, 03:30 AM   #88
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
thanks for the comment- was there any issue you thought when you were in NY with safety thinking having on your husbands wrist and people seeing it.
Not at all. I had on a RG Yacht and had nice comments in different watch shops. Never felt any danger.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2023, 02:50 AM   #89
rolexsubwatching
"TRF" Member

This forum is great!

Excuse me if already in other post since I am sure talked about somewhere but for the 126619LB

1. I take it is exact same as the stainless steel model 126610 LN but with white gold (but I think the inside hands are also gold, etc not just the band?

2. If 126610 is about $10k MSRP and 126619 is $42k, how much gold cost (and maybe blue bezel) do we think and is it just the mark-up difference since some folks on this forum say it is actually easier to get White gold watches than stainless steel from ADs

3. Is it that much different to have WG than SS - ie can you just put a blue bezel on the 126610 and be just as happy (or WG is so much heavier and feel, etc) since resale doesn't seem to be that much greater now

4. Is it just in my mind when I look on my wrist down at the sub (No Date) compared to the Sub Date it looks bigger. I am not sure if the symmetry makes a different depth perception compared to the cyclops distracting the eye. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone for the insights!
Old 13 June 2024, 11:02 AM   #90
PhilSF
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 126610LN
Quote:
noticing more sites dropping prices on this one- any thoughts on why (demand, price, etc) - I have been contacted by another ad they have one- is it not so rare?
So did you procure the 126619LB (Cookie Monster)? I ask because I just got the AD call and deciding what to do. Love the watch and looking for WG, but waiting for the blue dial GMT Master WG BLRO (126719).
PhilSF is offline   Reply With Quote