The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 November 2008, 03:11 AM   #61
argee1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Precisely - collectibility was never ascertained by the serial no. of a watch - any watch for that matter.

JJ

Says the man who'll rob a bank when Rolex release a J serial number

PANERAI, MORE THAN A WATCH, LESS THAN A KITKAT
argee1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2008, 03:12 AM   #62
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by argee1977 View Post
Says the man who'll rob a bank when Rolex release a J serial number
Agreed with argee!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2008, 04:05 AM   #63
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sandman View Post
As mentioned before...Show me the watch case not the watch card....Photoshop is a great tool if used well....Take a look at some of Jocke's work.
I can't believe I'm commenting (and read all these posts) seeing as I think this is a lame 'debate'...who really cares one way or the other? Anybody that really thinks years down the line a V might be worth more than a M serial SD is pretty out to lunch IMO.

But, my main comment is focused at the above statement. If Photoshop is such a great tool if used well, then how is seeing a picture of the letter on the case any different...you can Photoshop the case almost as easily as the card. Seems funny people will NEVER accept a picture of a card as proof because it might be doctored, yet they will turn around and accept a picture of a watch??? If one is truly that sceptical of any photo on the net, then in reality I guess an in-person viewing would be the only way to truly satisfy ones question (then again, I'm sure said individual would start screaming, "Oh, that's a fake watch case...") When does the madness end?
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2008, 04:40 AM   #64
Mr Sandman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post

If one is truly that sceptical of any photo on the net, then in reality I guess an in-person viewing would be the only way to truly satisfy ones question (then again, I'm sure said individual would start screaming, "Oh, that's a fake watch case...") When does the madness end?
If you are willing to accept a photo of a card(I didnt mention any photo's on the net )then thats your choice....

In relation to my comment on basically saying that beleiving what you see as gospel and that it might not be as it first appears is just my opinion...If you are willing to again take it at face value then again thats your choice....

Personally I like to be presented with all the facts and evidence before I make my mind up but then again I'm not a gullible man.
Mr Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2008, 06:02 AM   #65
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Looks like I'll be shelling out more $$.....
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2008, 06:02 AM   #66
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
oh, does it have parachrome blue spring?
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2008, 06:53 AM   #67
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sandman View Post
If you are willing to accept a photo of a card(I didnt mention any photo's on the net )then thats your choice....

In relation to my comment on basically saying that beleiving what you see as gospel and that it might not be as it first appears is just my opinion...If you are willing to again take it at face value then again thats your choice....

Personally I like to be presented with all the facts and evidence before I make my mind up but then again I'm not a gullible man.
I'm not a gullible man...just annoyed w/ myself that I have wasted more than 3 seconds on this asinine topic...I think I would prefer to watch paint dry than continue to comment on this pointless topic. With that said, I'm off to the newly painted garage...

Cheers.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2008, 08:48 AM   #68
marke
Banned

Watch: Daytona
As i previously stated there will be one more shipment of the SD 16600 to the UK.

I had my orders confirmed by 2 dealers i have asked to get them for me, the stock will not be available until dec or Jan 09.

Serial number prefix has not been confirmed yet, but some will be M and the remainder will be V, but we hve to take into account that rolex would have made production of the cases and case backs etc.

will update when I gt some more info for you all.

marke
marke is offline   Reply With Quote