The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 May 2020, 11:22 AM   #61
Mmf115
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Looking for a sub date currently. 0 for 3 reaching out to ADs recently with no offers to get on a list (no history). Can’t bring myself to pay gray prices but I live in a high demand area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mmf115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 11:24 AM   #62
Johnpierpontmorgan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmf115 View Post
Looking for a sub date currently. 0 for 3 reaching out to ADs recently with no offers to get on a list (no history). Can’t bring myself to pay gray prices but I live in a high demand area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I’ve gone grey four times (3professional and 1DJ)

Even I have bought several Cartier with AD in Singapore, there’s no chance I’m even on their list for a sub (been three years since and I keep going back to the AD I bought Cartier from and the sales assistance says nothing she could do. The distributor HQ allocates stock. I’m like whatever)
Johnpierpontmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 07:06 PM   #63
raretime
Banned

Interesting, I will definitely share any info when I got one.
raretime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 07:19 PM   #64
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That’s your problem “no history”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 02:06 AM   #65
Sephiroth
"TRF" Member

What are the chances I can call around and find an AD with a BLNR they will sell and ship to me?
Sephiroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 02:27 AM   #66
DG123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
What are the chances I can call around and find an AD with a BLNR they will sell and ship to me?
If you have a telephone and are able to dial it then it's 100% certain you can call AD's. My guess is that chances are 50/50 that an AD will have the watch you want.
DG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 02:37 AM   #67
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
New, with taxes, the Sub Date is about $9800. You can get them for close to that on the secondary market in almost-new to excellent condition. Unlike some other models (e.g. Daytonas), "gray prices" of Subs ain't that bad.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 07:39 AM   #68
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Be patient, I hope you are able to find an AD that is willing to sell to a new customer.

Good luck.
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 10:01 AM   #69
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Pretty much zero. I am in the camp that believes in store visits count, every dealer gets dozens of cold calls every day and for the most part just blows them off. You’re also asking for a piece they can sell easily to one of their regular customers, no incentive to sell it to anyone who randomly calls.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 12:02 PM   #70
YYR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Pretty much zero. I am in the camp that believes in store visits count, every dealer gets dozens of cold calls every day and for the most part just blows them off. You’re also asking for a piece they can sell easily to one of their regular customers, no incentive to sell it to anyone who randomly calls.
Agree
YYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 01:53 PM   #71
az2598
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Definitely in-store visits count and you need to find the right sales person to talk to - some actually are passionate about watches and if you strike up a good conversation, you will be richly rewarded
az2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 04:25 PM   #72
Jonah10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamsFinest View Post
Im looking for a SD43 from an AD, any help would be appreciated. PM me

I posted about a month or so ago, had one offered to me and I didn’t want it from my AD. Had a few guys in the forums message me and no one was serious enough to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 04:52 PM   #73
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
They’ll have lists of their own customers with purchase history waiting to buy one.
Your chances therefore are slim to be polite
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 04:54 PM   #74
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Grey price or no sub date pretty much. ADs have their own clients with spend history waiting, so a random with no history has little to no chance.

....or start with a Datejust from their window and work from there
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 02:47 AM   #75
Goonthree
"TRF" Member

Same chance as someone want to give you $2000 for no reason. Ad wont have any issue selling double what they allocated

Quote:
Goonthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2020, 04:42 PM   #76
Alo(ha)waii
"TRF" Member

Aloha guys,

I know this shouldn’t be a place to make requests but I figure I’d try.

Anyone in Las Vegas that has connections to possibly obtaining a Submariner Date/No Date?

My father lives in Vegas & I’d like to finally treat him to a watch. During my childhood, he sold his Rolex to make ends meet & now I’m lucky enough to get him one again. I don’t mind going gray but I’d like to give him the experience. I’d personally fly to Vegas from Hawaii to be there with him & to share that experience.

Worth a shot. Thanks for reading.
Alo(ha)waii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2020, 09:40 PM   #77
illiguy
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sounds like a last mile problem. You are willing to fork over $9k after tax, yet you’re not willing to pay $10.5k from a grey?
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote