The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 February 2019, 06:58 AM   #61
SconnieBT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega 2504.52
never. n my opinion it's only one step better than the iced out rolexes with diamonds all over the bracelet, bezel and dial. keep those watches where they belong, on the wrists of hollywood actors, soon to be broke rappers, or professional atheletes. They are gaudy and ridiculous looking.

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk
SconnieBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 07:02 AM   #62
watchstudent
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub and a Speedy
On a ladies watch, maybe.

On a gents watch I think it looks terrible in any and every iteration. No diamond dials!
watchstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 07:06 AM   #63
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Caroline Wozniacki had a blinged out Daytona in the last year or so, outstanding, but she is a woman.

Scroll down this post and you will see it:
http://www.thejewelleryeditor.com/wa...ian-open-2018/
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 07:10 AM   #64
Rolexlover123
"TRF" Member

I don't think it is too blingy. It is only too blingy if you are iced out everywhere (i.e. if you had diamond earrings, diamond grill on your teeth, diamond necklace, diamond ringsetc). A little bit of bling on a watch is no big deal, it's classy. Half the time, it's under the cuff of a shirt.
Rolexlover123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 05:16 AM   #65
npx60
"TRF" Member

In terms of resale value, the cost of a rolex will only go up with time. What costs 10K today may end up being 15k in only a couple of years. With that reasoning, resale value will only be greater as the cost of these luxury goods increases over time. So buy what you like right now, and know that the cost of a rolex only goes up with time.

But keep in mind, there are more buyers for non gemstone watches than there are for gemstone watches. It's just a matter of finding the right buyer and holding off untill you get the price you are looking for.

I myself, I have 2 rolexes, a TT sub and SS DJ36, both with diamond dials. Love em!
npx60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 10:54 PM   #66
TimingIsEverything
Banned

I was thinking the same thing about a blue diamond dial DJ41. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on that or a TT model with stick hour markers.
TimingIsEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 10:59 PM   #67
humanalien
"TRF" Member

I'd say blue diamond DJ 41 any day, bruh! I had change of plans and went for the black diamond one but totally love them (black is actually much better than I thought, originally I was like blue >>>>>>black but now blue≥black). I'm getting a lot of compliments around. I first thought stick hour markers were simple and classic, but when I went to AD and compared their looks in flesh, I found stick hour markers a "bit" boring. Personal taste though.
humanalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 10:59 PM   #68
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: sea-dweller 126600
I quite like some of the DJ’s with diamond hour markers. I don’t own one as they are to small for my wrist. If you like it buy it! I wouldn’t be to concerned with the resale value personally as Datejusts are pretty readily available so will lose money regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TeddyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 01:16 AM   #69
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Don’t mind it on some dials. Like the diamond dial Daytona. Or this. Just don’t overdo it.

Old 13 March 2019, 01:40 AM   #70
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Serti dials yes, anything else is just not my taste. But it's what YOU like.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 03:02 AM   #71
Off Script
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LB
What matters most is if you like it not what anyone here or anywhere else thinks. If you like it then you should wear it. If you don't then you shouldn't. IMO diamonds are not just for women and wearing diamonds on a "men's" watch (women wear almost every model) doesn't make you look feminine or some of the other things some folks imply when this question inevitably comes up. If you're concerned about resale value on a diamond Rolex you probably shouldn't buy one because they can be polarizing, similar to the two tone references.

To answer your question, I like diamonds on a Rolex for me and my wife. I have a diamond dial 6 digit Sub and my wife has a diamond DJ 31. The diamond dials on Rolex references are done very tastefully. Whether you should wear one is of course a personal preference but I don't think anyone could deny the artful craftsmanship and the quality of the diamonds.
Off Script is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 07:07 AM   #72
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
My dad has the 36mm version.
Amazing dial.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R1.jpg (168.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg r2.jpg (159.7 KB, 99 views)
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 07:12 AM   #73
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190312_171120.jpg (119.0 KB, 98 views)
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 07:14 AM   #74
Off Script
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LB
I think that's the blue vignette dial. It comes in red too. Such a beautiful dial. I would love to get one.
Off Script is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 07:47 AM   #75
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
I did not fall in love with my diamond/rhodium 116334 DJ. The diamonds were just a tad odd. I think it was trying too hard. That or I just really didn’t care for the DJII case.

The baguette ones on the DD looks amazing tho.

Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 08:10 AM   #76
Miguel Alvarez 2.0
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't mind a two tone black faced diamond dial DJ. Seen a few over the years and they're not too shabby in the flesh.
Miguel Alvarez 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 08:14 AM   #77
crewsin
Banned

Watch: Explorer
what is your view on diamond dials? (116234 datejusts)

I do not personally care for the diamonds unless on a Mother of Pearl dial, which usually sell as women’s pieces. But buy what you like, end of story. Most here will tell you resale value, although good information, should not influence your decision too much. Remember it is a luxury item, period...whether or not you believe a Rolex is a status symbol, which in my opinion it is, also shouldn’t bear much influence on your decision. Just treat it as a nice piece of functional jewelry, which can also be a good conversation starter sometimes too...at the end of the day, it’s just a watch, and most people wouldn’t recognize it for what it is, even with a diamond bling dial. Make an informed and confident purchase, and it will make you proud to wear it for decades. At that point, resale value doesn’t really matter anyways. Best of luck.
crewsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 08:27 AM   #78
garbanzo
"TRF" Member

Obviously, a totally subjective issue.
At the moment I have no interest in diamonds and/or YG.
Last week when I was shopping for a blue dial DJ 41 I was offered a blue 126334 with diamond dial at 8 % discount. Declined and ended up buying a 126300 rhodium (also at 8 % discount) Next month I will have the dial swapped for a blue one, then I’ll have the watch I was looking for.

But, as always, whatever tickles your fancy.
Old 13 March 2019, 09:17 AM   #79
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
I like diamonds on the hour markers on some references but my collection is predominantly without but the few that have them I really like. I am not a fan of a diamond bezel though as I think it is too much on a man's watch. But get what you want and don't worry what others feel. There are some who like them here but most do not.
Kiddodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 10:38 AM   #80
logix1229
"TRF" Member

I don't like diamonds...i say you go with roman numerals!
logix1229 is offline   Reply With Quote