The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 June 2021, 07:41 PM   #61
HogwldFLTR
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many to list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbranch1212 View Post
Hi everyone.

First post here. New to forum and I enjoy reading everyone's post. Great bunch of group here!

As many of you know, Rolex released a new Oyster perpetual watches. Am I the only person who isn't excited by the release? Color selections reminds me of power rangers, I feel Rolex steered itself away from their classic design this time.

Anyways, I have been been eyeing the Rolex 34 mm (Ref 114200) but it is discontinued now. I was either going to get white, green or black dial...but none of those choices are available. Well, except black since the new OP 34 comes with black dial. I am left with two choice here: buy the discontinued model or buy the new model...I am honestly not sure what to do and wanted to seek advice!

Does anyone know if the new OP 34 case is different from the older OP 34 case? I am trying to find out if they trimmed lug into a slimmer style..I can't seem to find it anywhere although I've read in few post(s) that case is slightly different but I can't seem to verify this. Also, what is your take on the new movement? On paper, it sounds great. New movement boosts 7 more hour power reserve, better anti magnetic protection, etc....but is it proven? The old movement has been around forever and is well established. I love the fact that the new OP has easy link extension....however no white dial is a game changer for me. I really admire the white dial (even black), it never cease to amaze me how beautiful they play the light! If anyone want to show it off, please post pics! I love seeing them.

I am debating if I should buy the discontinued model (No luck so far, all are sold out currently in Canada)..or buy the new one and hope they will release a better dial color in the future (I am set on white dial at the moment). Does anyone think I should just get a newer model and forget about white dial OP34 mm?

Anyways, I apologize if this post is long and sort of rant-like...I just wanted friendly advice from Rolex euthusiasts who are much more well informed than myself. Thank you for reading!

PS. Any 34 mm OP owner here? Are you happy with your purchase? Would you turn back time and wish you held out for a newer OP?
Easy link is a game changer for me having owned two without it!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2024, 03:18 PM   #62
OystersRockefeller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Wrist size 7”
This looks fantastic. I’ve got a 6.75” wrist and am looking at getting this exact model. I love it but I’ve been worried it might be a little small. Do you still have yours? Have you felt like it’s just right or has your eye wandered toward the new OP 36s?
OystersRockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 05:20 AM   #63
MDR143
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
On the waitlist for a new white 34 OP for my wife’s first Rolex. She loves how they changed it with the yellow gold outlines around the markers.
MDR143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 08:29 AM   #64
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDR143 View Post
On the waitlist for a new white 34 OP for my wife’s first Rolex. She loves how they changed it with the yellow gold outlines around the markers.

You must mean the silver dial. It’s the only one with gold accents.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 08:41 AM   #65
MDR143
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
You must mean the silver dial. It’s the only one with gold accents.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are correct!
MDR143 is offline   Reply With Quote