The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 April 2023, 09:37 AM   #61
cinli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
This seems to be the way most brands are going. Less availability at ADs and more watches being boutique exclusives.

Most brands are applying this same pattern but I don’t think it works the same way for all of them.
cinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 11:28 AM   #62
rand8086
"TRF" Member

Not too long ago nearly all pre-owned watches from the recent past could be had for a relative bargain compared to their original MSRP with few exceptions.

Brands that haven't been over hyped on social media are still available for a bargain as they always were, it's just that some brands have sky-rocketed due to internet hype.
rand8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 11:49 AM   #63
Thanos123
"TRF" Member

Hi all, I was at the JLC boutique in Singapore and was told that the est. delivery time for the Reverso Tribute Chronograph is in 2026 if a deposit of 30% is place for the watch. What do you think?
Thanos123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 12:02 PM   #64
Thanos123
"TRF" Member

Hi all, I was at the JLC boutique in Singapore. Was told that the Reverso Chrono est. delivery time is in 2026 and a 30% deposit is required. Is this the norm in your country?
Old 6 April 2023, 12:22 PM   #65
Thanos123
"TRF" Member

Why are JLC market values so low?

Hi all, I was at the JLC boutique in Singapore and was told that for the Reverso steel Chrono, a deposit of 30% is required and the est. delivery time is 2026. Would like to know if this is the norm in your country?
Old 6 April 2023, 01:48 PM   #66
Thanos123
"TRF" Member

Hi all, apologies for the multiple posts.
Old 6 April 2023, 01:55 PM   #67
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
30% of $20k is not much. 2026 is ridiculous, will you even remember you wanted it with 3 years of watches coming out before then?
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 02:35 PM   #68
GK12345EMAIL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ, Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos123 View Post
Hi all, I was at the JLC boutique in Singapore and was told that the est. delivery time for the Reverso Tribute Chronograph is in 2026 if a deposit of 30% is place for the watch. What do you think?
Early/mid 2024 delivery with no deposit in the US
GK12345EMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 05:53 PM   #69
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos123 View Post
Hi all, I was at the JLC boutique in Singapore and was told that for the Reverso steel Chrono, a deposit of 30% is required and the est. delivery time is 2026. Would like to know if this is the norm in your country?
26? That's an interest free loan for 3 years - that's crazy! You should write to Richemont and tell them the boutique is breaching policy...
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 05:55 PM   #70
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
Well good knowledge then. I think if I’m going to have to go boutique I’d rather do it with AP where there’s a greater chance I’ll want additional pieces in the future.
Makes sense but at least for JLC, there's no bs - you pay and you get what you want...

There are limited edition JLCs I want but they've been discontinued...
Old 6 April 2023, 09:37 PM   #71
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcows7 View Post
26? That's an interest free loan for 3 years - that's crazy! You should write to Richemont and tell them the boutique is breaching policy...

Sounds like the line I got from gronefeld with the deltaworks.
Old 6 April 2023, 11:53 PM   #72
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Makes sense but at least for JLC, there's no bs - you pay and you get what you want...

There are limited edition JLCs I want but they've been discontinued...
I suppose. I mean this particular piece is a really good value in SS just for the movement. I don’t understand why they’re cutting their retailers out, but if they show up new at grays I might buy one like I did with my AP ceramic diver which was also boutique only.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2023, 01:59 AM   #73
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackingtime View Post
WHUT? lol he started with IWC. lol
not to sound like a fan boy but he knows his shit
How many big pilots he has? I remember it's like around 15 or more ...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 11:03 AM   #74
pug208
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
the thickness has to do with the water resistance level and JLC just cannot make thinner casing like Rolex. I like JLC though.
pug208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2023, 02:55 AM   #75
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I suppose. I mean this particular piece is a really good value in SS just for the movement. I don’t understand why they’re cutting their retailers out, but if they show up new at grays I might buy one like I did with my AP ceramic diver which was also boutique only.
They make more money selling direct - its just a function of margins etc (cutting out middle man).

Of course, I would've loved to have this at an AD so that I could bundle it with something.

Hopefully, they'll give me an extra strap (I'm definitely expecting a lot of freebies + event invites.)
Old 15 April 2023, 04:48 AM   #76
jw0n
"TRF" Member

I was told that 100 pcs for 2023, possibly 100 pcs for 2024 and not sure if the numbers will go higher per year after that. Where I am, 30% down and delivery for some time in 2024. I believe the watch comes with two straps; leather and fabric? Looks like both on deployants?

There are some things that are interesting indeed; first SS chrono, openworked, retrograde. It does look good, but I am still not sure if I can deal with the thickness.

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2023, 05:25 AM   #77
GK12345EMAIL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ, Rolex, Patek
I would like to see a rubber strap option from JLC, similar to the one on the Polaris. I think it would work well with the SS Chronograph.
GK12345EMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 02:40 PM   #78
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
In Hong Kong yesterday I was also told 30% deposit required and even those who placed an order immediately will wait 1 year from now.

No more deposits to be taken this year for steel, gold may still have some but perhaps 2-3
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 09:45 PM   #79
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I'd wait for the discounted secondary market for JLC. Imho Richemont has not done such a great job with JLC (or Panerai), though am sure company profits are up while build quality and what may remain of hand finishing... your call.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 10:51 PM   #80
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
We were at the JLC boutique in Manhattan yesterday. My husband was interested in the Polaris Date. The sales women had several negative things to say about that model, which we already knew about. I was surprised that she mentioned them, but she said it was better to know now then him returning disappointed.

He likes the watch enough and offered to purchase with a discount. Of course we know boutiques generally won’t, and they wouldn’t. Such a highly depreciating brand. I felt the build quality on the Polaris was sub par. The Reversos were much higher quality.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 03:06 PM   #81
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
Is that confirmed?

Regardless I checked one out in person and it’s really nice. A little large but sporty enough that the size didn’t bother me. I put my name down on the list but I’m guessing I won’t see it until late 2024 early 2025.

Did they have a exhibition version of the tribute chronograph at a boutique? Or where did you happen to see it?
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 10:06 AM   #82
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
The service cost for a Duometre with polishing is less than 2k.

A Zeitwerk is over 5,300 with polishing...
Yes but the Zeitwerk is one watch where the servicing costs are actually reasonable lets say due to the remontoire mechanism and very very few watchmakers are able to construct it and work on it. Its in a higher tier than a perpetual chronograph for example.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 10:08 AM   #83
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
I'd wait for the discounted secondary market for JLC. Imho Richemont has not done such a great job with JLC (or Panerai), though am sure company profits are up while build quality and what may remain of hand finishing... your call.
Yes no hand finishing on JLC. Prices have gone through the roof on retail but 2ndary has barely kept up.

Old 28 June 2023, 06:00 PM   #84
jw0n
"TRF" Member

I happened to be in SG 2 weeks back and managed to swing by JLC MBS to have a look at the new chronos. I must say it looks better in the metal than in pics. Having tried it on, I am satisfied with the way it wears. In fact, my mate who has a smaller 7" wrist seemed to like how it sat on him as well. As for thickness, you don't really notice that once you've strapped it on. Which is a little weird, because prior to this, I tried on the Tribute Moon many times and just never liked how it wore on me.

Anyway, some pics:

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2023, 12:33 PM   #85
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The problem with long wait times is that at the rate we’re going MSRP will increase massively in the mean time and a deposit does not even secure the price, just secured allocation.

Old 30 June 2023, 08:33 PM   #86
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
The problem with long wait times is that at the rate we’re going MSRP will increase massively in the mean time and a deposit does not even secure the price, just secured allocation.
i was informed that the deposit secures the price as well (london boutique)
Old 30 June 2023, 08:43 PM   #87
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
I have not owned one but Starting over 2k from what I have heard on multiple occasions.
My Reverso Duoface was quoted 750 EUR for a service.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2023, 09:21 AM   #88
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
Yes but the Zeitwerk is one watch where the servicing costs are actually reasonable lets say due to the remontoire mechanism and very very few watchmakers are able to construct it and work on it. Its in a higher tier than a perpetual chronograph for example.
I think that's the precise reason why so few of the Zeitwerk have any service records/history on the secondary market.

I was looking into a used zeitwerk a while back, and I never found one in the secondary market that had any type of service history.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2023, 10:31 AM   #89
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
I had a JLC Navy Seals Alarm
It was my first and last JLC.
Lets see, the bezel insert fell out once and it was gone for several weeks back to JLC.
When it got back a few weeks after the entire bezel fell off.
Back to JLC for several weeks.
Got it back and decided to use the alarm for the first time a couple months later well it went off and the whole watch locked up (crowns would not even move when opened)
Back to JLC for 10 weeks
Got it back, all of this was covered under warranty and I sold it vowing to never again buy another JLC

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2023, 11:57 AM   #90
Unitedplay
"TRF" Member

They need to rethink their market strategy. At every price point of JLC watch tiers, they compete with other popular brands that are more gravitating toward, Cartier Rolex, Patek, etc. Also beyond the the reverso, i feel their design is a bit boring which also means less mass appeal, less resale value etc.
Unitedplay is offline   Reply With Quote