The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 February 2024, 10:49 PM   #61
Joearch
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
I was between shocked and bewildered.
The only explanation is they want to intimidate me with numbers.
They used gangman style tactics.
The revelation that they were all out of jubilee links just after they asked me to come back in tomorrow to collect my watch with the fitted links was specious.
They have my watch now so it's their move.
This got me so stressed I could not sleep all night, awake now 24 hours..
The more I follow this thread the more troubling it becomes to me. Having crossed paths with you on a few Zoom’s you would appear to be a fairly civilized individual. Your request for a few links to install at home is more than reasonable. To roll out the “gangmen” in lieu of the red carpet makes no sense. The change in availability of a few SS links is the odd part of this situation. Did the tell you when the links might be available?

Take a deep breath and wear your Panerai for a few days. Realize that TRF HAS YOUR BACK!
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 12:24 AM   #62
Mystro

Yea, it’s just a watch. I went though a Rolex cooling off period years back with their new “Parts exchange policy” and really appreciated other brands like Panerai and Omega that went out of their way with just over the phone customer service requests.
I spoke to Rolex for a catalog a few weeks back and they were great and had a new one at my door in 4 days. I suspect this treatment is a local staffing issue. It doesn’t excuse it as there is arrogant and dismissive culture in the brand.

Big picture : For your own mental health, I would give this one a pass and see how it plays out when you retrieve your watch. At that point, being professional and courteous is always to your advantage if this escalates further. Certainly I would use what tools you may have access to and express your concerns higher up to those that matter. These low level staffing are plebeians. You need to capture the right ear higher up.
Old 2 February 2024, 01:11 AM   #63
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I am sorry this happened to you.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 04:34 AM   #64
seabreeze
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
The wooden box of my 2022 Seamaster 300MP had an issue with the button sticking. I emailed Omega/Swatch Group about it, and they shipped out a new box in two days. Their first email asked for a photo of my warranty card and box, and the second email requested my home address. It was easy as that
Omega is becoming the new rolex, and rolex is in danger of becoming the new gucci

I love my vinatge seasmaster and now new AT, wonderful normal experience
Victorinox Swiss Army 24221 - circa 1985
Sold but wish I didn't
Rolex DateJust 1603 - 1972
seabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 04:52 AM   #65
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
Sorry to hear!
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 08:08 AM   #66
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Steve, as 'Facilitator'and Main Man, of this fabulous forum, couldn't you have pulled a few strings, with some of your contacts here?
DavidSW, for example?
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 08:50 AM   #67
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Incredible and unfortunate experience. Hopefully you will have the links very soon.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 09:04 AM   #68
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Another reason why people should learn to adjust their own watches.

Sorry OP, not a nice experience at all.
RTT

Steve could easily fit the links but Rolex have to supply them first?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 10:09 AM   #69
77T

Rolex HQ has run out of Jubilee Links

If this doesn’t explain why ADs exist, then I don’t know what would. Long read ahead to connect the dots…

I am angry with the “tower of power” that has lost its centric pure focus on a customer.

Here goes:
Rolex factory reps have virtually no connection with the end-user or the fruits of their labors. They are classically alienated from their work and the customer due to loss of any control of their own. It is the Rolex way or the highway (i.e., termination)

This alienation is toxic for the worker who invariably loses the ability to determine the right thing to do for a customer. They are virtually deprived of the right to think for themselves and direct their own actions. To determine the character of those actions - to define the customer relationship when a request doesn’t “fit” the strictures - and to own the value proposition of the product and services delivered by their own labor.

Sadly, the original point of contact must stay within the strict constraints the RSC puts on her. Had she just fulfilled Steve’s request, brought 2 links from the back, collected the price, and sent him on his way then he’d have been happy and she would have likely been chastised.

Why does she engage in the passive-aggressive behavior of a Rolex SWAT’ing in the lobby? Perhaps it’s her only way to gain some sense of twisted control.

Officiousness in its raw form.
No excuse but I’ve seen it before.

Now that brings me to the AD. They need the customers and have local control to do the right thing. They sell much more than Rolexes. They have many products. In a way, they sell “joy”. Their mantra is customer delight. They serve the champagne, the chocolates, the “experience”, and try to deliver on expectations every day.

No, ADs aren’t perfect but I’ve known my fair share of owners at ADs as well as small dealers. My point is multi-channel is the best way to avoid the experience Steve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 10:53 AM   #70
Lol-x
Facilitator

At some future point in time I'll get my watch with or without links. I'll deal with the situation as it happens but for now there it little I can or wish to do.

Thanks for your support and suggestions, we'll see how it plays out.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 11:14 AM   #71
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Steve, I’m sorry to hear this and that it occupied your mind overnight. It would have kept me up, too.

What a horrible move by Rolex, for any customer, least of all, you. Your platform is huge for brand advocacy. They should be ashamed. If any of them monitor this forum, I hope they will take action and quickly issue an apology.

I’m not sure how composed I could have been.

We will see how this unfolds.

Just another WIS who loves to trade.
@bladeandwatch1 on IG
Old 2 February 2024, 12:14 PM   #72
ROLEX MAN

Watch: you? "YES PLEASE"!
If they only knew who there dealing with!!

it's not just about telling the time...

happy rolexing...

I'm just a man with a passion
ROLEX MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 01:03 PM   #73
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B_RTMaEUsAAJqIV.jpg (42.8 KB, 381 views)
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 01:15 PM   #74
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Hopefully they get you sorted out. Its disappointing to hear this. Imagine if they knew who you were. You are the forum dedicated to them!
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 01:33 PM   #75
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I assume you didn’t disclose who you are? I mean your link to this forum.

Frankly, that’s pitiful treatment you received Steve and very troubling. Belittling the consumer is a fateful commercial mistake. Such attitudes are preposterous.

ADs demonstrating snobbery and now this from RSC. Sad.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 02:11 PM   #76
cpatab2020
"TRF" Member

What an upsetting and aggravating experience especially for someone dedicated to brand, its heritage, and the hobby. No one should be treated that way. It’s hard to maintain my own enthusiasm given the hurdles for ownership and challenges with a relatively mundane bracelet upgrade. Not everyone is a gray market flipper. Fortunately, my local AD (the entire shop) knows how to communicate with and treat customers.

Hope everything is smoother over soon.
cpatab2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 06:43 PM   #77
Scottyboy
Banned

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
RTT

Steve could easily fit the links but Rolex have to supply them first?
OP specifically talks about having the links 'fitted' on more than one occasion, and never suggests he's only there to buy the links to fit himself.

Surely the whole problem here is Rolex have the links in stock, but want to fit them in their own time, hence why they want the customer to come back the following day?
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 07:05 PM   #78
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Another reason why people should learn to adjust their own watches.

Sorry OP, not a nice experience at all.

So why don’t you explain your post?

Steve’s first choice was to have Rolex supply and fit the links but I know he would have been quite happy to have been able to purchase them and screw them on if there was to be a delay.

Do you think Steve is not capable of fitting a couple of links to a watch?

Knowing Steve this will not end well for Rolex.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 08:21 PM   #79
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
I am not gonna assume or imply you have no savoir-être, but this reminds me of the Ben Stiller movie where an air attendant trolls him into bursting out.

The receptionist calling security and then swiftly asking you to leave as they have nothing for you, ever, looks like a sketch.

I wonder when Rolex became so easily offended.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 09:06 PM   #80
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Rolex customer service is terrible. People recommending RSC are just the ones getting a 5 min oil change and coat of wax at the jiffy lube and moving along.

Customer service is moot until something goes wrong.
I respectfully disagree.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 09:23 PM   #81
EEpro

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I respectfully disagree.

I'm glad you feel that way. They lost me as a customer for life. No chance I'm going back.
Old 2 February 2024, 09:31 PM   #82
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I'm glad you feel that way. They lost me as a customer for life. No chance I'm going back.
I'm not trying to convince you, if you found something that works better for you then that's great
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 09:31 PM   #83
Scottyboy
Banned

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
So why don’t you explain your post?

Steve’s first choice was to have Rolex supply and fit the links but I know he would have been quite happy to have been able to purchase them and screw them on if there was to be a delay.

Do you think Steve is not capable of fitting a couple of links to a watch?

Knowing Steve this will not end well for Rolex.
I wouldn't know if Steve either is or is not capable of anything, considering I've never met this strager on the internet.

His post seemed to suggest that Rolex would be fitting the links, hence why they wanted him to leave it there. At no point did he mention he wanted to purchase and fit the links himself, quite the opposite.

As I said in my post, I am sorry OP had an unfortunate experience. But if he made it clear (perhaps he did, I wasn't there) that he wanted to fit the links himself, I doubt the Rolex rep would've insisted that he leave his BLNR with them.
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 01:09 AM   #84
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by csaltphoto View Post
Head of Rolex Customer Relations
Old 3 February 2024, 06:12 AM   #85
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
I wouldn't know if Steve either is or is not capable of anything, considering I've never met this strager on the internet.

His post seemed to suggest that Rolex would be fitting the links, hence why they wanted him to leave it there. At no point did he mention he wanted to purchase and fit the links himself, quite the opposite.

As I said in my post, I am sorry OP had an unfortunate experience. But if he made it clear (perhaps he did, I wasn't there) that he wanted to fit the links himself, I doubt the Rolex rep would've insisted that he leave his BLNR with them.

And yet, it sure sounds like that is exactly what happened. They deliberately intimidated him, which is ridiculous. I think he was so shocked, he just did as he was told. Sometimes, in an unexpected confrontational moment, it’s hard to react, as you normally would. Hopefully, they call, and tell him his watch is ready, and they’ve only added the links.

Kat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 06:39 AM   #86
PeterKelly
2024 Pledge Member

I took a ten year “ holiday” from Rolex and am only recently back with a couple of pieces I bought from the grey market. I have been enquiring at the local AD about a potential dial swap on my DJ 36 116200 and discovered their “rules” regarding this swap are autocratic and inflexible.

This post, the other recent one regarding the mandatory bracelet and my experience so far on the dial swap have me wondering why I ended my Rolex holiday……
PeterKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 08:14 AM   #87
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
Steve as everyone has said you’re indirectly accountable for a huge amount of Rolex sales every year, and your dedication to this forum is commendable.

But not sleeping come on man it’s two links / 100 dollars chill man :)
That's not the issue.
For Steve's part he took a day off work and was acting on their information in good faith.
Then there was the first change of story, as understandable as it may be but somehow required him to take another day off work, which didn't seem to be of any concern what so ever to the receptionist.
Then(assuming his demeanour was acceptable) they muscled up to put him in his place.
And yes, all over a couple of links which could've been fitted at the dealer.

I'm going to assume the same receptionist has been the common denominator here on the Rolex side of things.
I'll wager that she was in a position to exercise her position of authority on the basis that she basically felt threatened and invoked company policy.
Because she can after schooling herself up on the relevant policy.
She may be new and that may have set off a chain of events where she was simply out of her depth whilst finding her feet. But if I am assuming correctly. She was young and this is the way of their world on a great number of levels.

Just saying.
But I witnessed a similar type of thing two days ago as a customer waiting to be served by a hairy assed kid who was holding down the fort just before closing time as the executive had left early for the day.
And in a lawn mower shop.
The customer wasn't happy with some shabby treatment he had been receiving at the shop and expressed his frustration at his situation and was accused of being rude.

I reflect upon what could have happened in a RSC with building security just waiting for something to do in the other room and just a press of the panic button away and no knowledge of any of the events leading up to the interaction and no other witnesses around.
Security were simply doing their job in accordance with their remit.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 08:47 AM   #88
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
OP specifically talks about having the links 'fitted' on more than one occasion, and never suggests he's only there to buy the links to fit himself.

Surely the whole problem here is Rolex have the links in stock, but want to fit them in their own time, hence why they want the customer to come back the following day?
It's hard to say anything definitive as to whether the links are in stock or not.
Nobody knows the back of house situation.
Reception and Steve are the only common denominators.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 11:16 AM   #89
Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
“Don’t you know who I am!”
Old 3 February 2024, 11:35 AM   #90
EEpro

Watch: Daytona
I'd check it for scratches after an overnighter at the ole RSC.