The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 June 2024, 05:42 AM   #61
Lightsped
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, OP41, DJ x 4
White dial DJs are spectacular. Don't see many whites either. Mostly black dials or dark blue....
Lightsped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 05:47 AM   #62
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
This is the best solution. I’m just surprised you don’t love that watch. It’s gorgeous.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's really beautiful for sure, maybe I need to sleep on it a bit more as the other poster said. With just a BLNR as a sidekick I'm not sure its the most versatile vs the white dial, and perhaps not as fun as the Sub LV. Oh it is an absolute beauty though. I just want to be very intentional about this as I probably won't also buy a white DJ if I keep this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mint DJ.zip (5.22 MB, 15 views)
LuxLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 06:04 AM   #63
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxLemon View Post
It's really beautiful for sure, maybe I need to sleep on it a bit more as the other poster said. With just a BLNR as a sidekick I'm not sure its the most versatile vs the white dial, and perhaps not as fun as the Sub LV. Oh it is an absolute beauty though. I just want to be very intentional about this as I probably won't also buy a white DJ if I keep this.

That makes sense, but the mint green DJ is special. Also, nothing wrong with owning 2 DJs. Look at all the collectors with multiple GMTs, or Sub variants. If you are attracted to green, you might consider the Wimbledon, which has the emerald green Romans. It’s a spectacular dial, and more versatile, with the slate background color. I’d much rather have that, than white (and I do ). It’s another way to go. It would be interesting to find out if our trusted sellers would do a straight trade, mint for Wimbledon, as they are both sought after DJ dials.

Kat

KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 06:16 AM   #64
JJGreen
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675 or 1016
Flip it and if you still feel 'greasy' donate the profit to your favorite charity.

I think this has/is happening to a TON of people. It's just rare to admit it. Good on you.
JJGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 06:45 AM   #65
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:

This forum is so funny, people spend 10's or 100's of thousands of dollar, hundreds/thousands of posts on the Rolex forum and hundreds/thousands of hours thinking about, researching and pondering their collection and then act aloof and above it all when others put in effort.
I really think it’s the way you worded your post. It really isn’t that big of a deal and if you are truly concerned, tell your AD and give them a chance to buy it back. Sure they would understand and even appreciate it. No bridge burned.
Old 6 June 2024, 07:06 AM   #66
vitadine
"TRF" Member

Just make a dial swap to a white dial. Easy.
vitadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 07:11 AM   #67
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
You can wear it with anything. It’s a watch. It doesn’t need to match your outfit.

Kat

Exactly this
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 08:42 AM   #68
BoilerRxZ06
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Damn! I’ve literally been waiting 11 months to the day for that exact model! I’ll wear that watch almost daily once I get it. But if it’s not for you, just sell it or return it to the AD. I’m sure they’ll work with you.
Old 6 June 2024, 08:57 AM   #69
77T

Quote:
So what next?
See post #68 for a solution.
And don't fleece a fellow member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 09:24 AM   #70
GBD
"TRF" Member

If it doesn't appeal to you then for sure you should move it along. As others have noted, you might break even if you sell here or to another collector, but selling to a GM means probably taking a loss. They will offer you far, far less than they sell them for. But it's all part of the hobby, imo, and you should never hold on to something if it doesn't make you happy.
GBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 09:29 AM   #71
sambb
"TRF" Member

buyers remorse is often due to the amount spent, regardless of the timepiece. i would re-evaluate if you want to wear pieces over 10k, or if you want to put the money elsewhere
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 11:15 AM   #72
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mint DJ41, fluted jubilee - not the hottest model but in demand for sure. I have been trending towards white dial would be more appropriate for my collection going forward.
Are you saying you simply want a white DJ41 instead of the mint green? If so I'd imagine you could contact one of our "trusted sellers" here and do the swap for a BNIB white model, perhaps even with a little cash to you. Going back to the AD and asking about returns would be a major black eye on that relationship IMO...
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 11:23 AM   #73
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

so far the most practical ideas are:
1. Ask AD for dial swap
2. As Trusted Seller for a watch swap

I think most other alternatives could result in al(small) loss of money or relationship.
Laine V38 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 SS - Baltic Aquascaphe SS - Garmin Approach S62
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune/Lava
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 11:37 AM   #74
rjohnston713
"TRF" Member

Wish it was the 36mm version, I have been trying to get the mint green 36mm DJ fluted jubilee for 2 years from my AD
rjohnston713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 12:09 PM   #75
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
Are you saying you simply want a white DJ41 instead of the mint green? If so I'd imagine you could contact one of our "trusted sellers" here and do the swap for a BNIB white model, perhaps even with a little cash to you. Going back to the AD and asking about returns would be a major black eye on that relationship IMO...

Agreed! Leave the dealer out of it. No returns, as you’ve said, and Rolex will not swap the dial on a brand new piece. Trade it to one of our trusted sellers, for whichever watch you want next. When you visit your AD, don’t wear the Datejust, if you do trade for white. Wear a different Rolex, and all will be well.

Kat

KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 12:10 PM   #76
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mint DJ41, fluted jubilee - not the hottest model but in demand for sure. I have been trending towards white dial would be more appropriate for my collection going forward.
Hot model

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 09:35 PM   #77
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
No issue with moving a watch that you do not want. It does not matter if you owned it for 1 day or 10 years. The watch is your property. Going back to your AD is a recipe for disaster. No returns as you stated. Why would you tell them anything other than thank you for your last watch and when is my next watch showing up? I would contact several of our Trusted Sellers and see what a trade would look like. Both for the white dial DJ and the Green Submariner. Once you get all the information make an informed decision. Also, waiting a month and thinking about it will impact the value if you buy or trade in my experience. You know right now, move it on, get the watch you want, even if you have to pay a little. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 09:40 PM   #78
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I'd have the dial swapped, as long as I get to keep the original mint one as spare. If not possible, then find a collector interested in swapping the watch the other way, white for mint.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2024, 12:35 AM   #79
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1 View Post
Maybe I am missing something, but I do not understand this concept of worrying about what an AD thinks.
If one wants future watches from the AD it seems like staying in their good graces would be important, right?

If one only wants one Rolex in life then sure do whatever.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2024, 12:42 AM   #80
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

Sell it or trade it in towards another watch you want. The dial is a popular color right now, but don't be surprised if you don't see any "flipper profit" or even lose money on the deal. You've learned not to buy something because it is hot - unfortunately a lesson I still don't always remember! Instead, buy what you really want to have.
Old 7 June 2024, 01:42 AM   #81
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Looking at it again last night and today - wow the mint is special.
Old 7 June 2024, 01:47 AM   #82
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingdeep87 View Post
Hot model..lol
My thoughts exactly. Hot and DateJust does not compute…
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2024, 01:48 AM   #83
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Trade the mint for a Starbucks
Old 7 June 2024, 01:57 AM   #84
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerlsu2008 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Hot and DateJust does not compute…
Everyone keeps saying this without doing the research
Old 7 June 2024, 02:02 AM   #85
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Everyone keeps saying this without doing the research
Says the guy who needs strangers opinions on what to do with a watch he thought he wanted, but apparently doesn’t want and is afraid the all-mighty, supreme ruler AD will be mad at him if he sells. K bud. Take a lap
Old 7 June 2024, 02:14 AM   #86
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerlsu2008 View Post
Says the guy who needs strangers opinions on what to do with a watch he thought he wanted, but apparently doesn’t want and is afraid the all-mighty, supreme ruler AD will be mad at him if he sells. K bud. Take a lap
For sure, it's a watch forum.. kind of the place to ask watch questions. I'd feel much sillier going to a watch forum to talk about guitars.
Old 7 June 2024, 02:19 AM   #87
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For sure, it's a watch forum.. kind of the place to ask watch questions. I'd feel much sillier going to a watch forum to talk about guitars.
If you’re referring to me talking guitars with other watch enthusiasts Mr Stalker, yeah, it’s that’s why it’s the open forum.

Turns out you have time for other interest when ADs aren’t living in your head rent free all day
Old 7 June 2024, 02:40 AM   #88
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Lot's of good posts on this thread here before you added nothing. Grey market prices show this model significantly above MSRP which I would consider to mean an in demand model. No reason to be smug or condescending about it if you have a different definition.
Old 7 June 2024, 05:17 AM   #89
Rolex_Fan_
"TRF" Member

Market is soft right now, I would just hold on to it and see here we are in 6 to 12 months.

Don't want to sound negative but expect to take a hit. It's just a matter of how much.
Rolex_Fan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2024, 05:33 AM   #90
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex_Fan_ View Post
Market is soft right now, I would just hold on to it and see here we are in 6 to 12 months.

Don't want to sound negative but expect to take a hit. It's just a matter of how much.
On this dial and fluted/jubilee it's not a hit right now for unworn, perhaps it could be in the future or if worn.