The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 July 2024, 02:03 PM   #61
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY-WATCH View Post
This

Pretty much sums up my experience as well. Except I have bigger wrist and still prefer the 116.

No knock on the 12, just one guys opinion…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2024, 03:09 PM   #62
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

I prefer the old 11. I'm in love with all the Daytona but unfortunately the new 12 have a big problem, the dials of all the steel, gold, platinum, are bad copies of the discontinued models. Only one model proved to be a winner, the Le Mans, because its dial is different and it is the only real novelty of the new Daytona.
Redsub71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2024, 06:43 PM   #63
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsub71 View Post
I prefer the old 11. I'm in love with all the Daytona but unfortunately the new 12 have a big problem, the dials of all the steel, gold, platinum, are bad copies of the discontinued models. Only one model proved to be a winner, the Le Mans, because its dial is different and it is the only real novelty of the new Daytona.
You really need to stop the non sense you spread on this forums. You are a watch dealer and you probably bought many 116500 at the peak and now you are facing big losses so you are tying to convince others the new one is crap and old one is much better to hype up the prices. Pathetic.
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2024, 10:09 PM   #64
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
You really need to stop the non sense you spread on this forums. You are a watch dealer and you probably bought many 116500 at the peak and now you are facing big losses so you are tying to convince others the new one is crap and old one is much better to hype up the prices. Pathetic.
You are offending me and you have already offended me in another discussion, which was obviously closed because of you. Do you want to close this one too? I ask some moderators to verify the content of these offenses. I didn't talk about prices, but you are nervous because the Daytona you bought is a second choice. Everyone prefers the discontinued panda. And we know what fans think of the new Daytona, there's no point in denying it, they didn't like it. The 116500 is the first ceramic panda, the new one is a bad copy. You have to resign yourself, you arrived late.
Old 27 July 2024, 11:02 PM   #65
60sec
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126500, AP RO
I’ve had both (116500, white and black) and 126500, white and I do prefer the 126500. Seems cleaner and more cohesive. The subdials on the 116500, in retrospect, are way too thick, in my opinion. I see the appeal of both cases and neither sways me. I also feel that the ceramic bezel on the 116500 looks a little like an afterthought and even appears “stuck-on”.

Of course this is all very, very subjective and nuanced to a point that no one other than a select few would notice. I’m a big fan of all Daytonas and both of these models are absolutely gorgeous. Furthermore, I really don’t care which model is worth more in ten or twenty years. I just really enjoy wearing my Daytona now.

60sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2024, 11:23 PM   #66
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You are offending me and you have already offended me in another discussion, which was obviously closed because of you. Do you want to close this one too? I ask some moderators to verify the content of these offenses. I didn't talk about prices, but you are nervous because the Daytona you bought is a second choice. Everyone prefers the discontinued panda. And we know what fans think of the new Daytona, there's no point in denying it, they didn't like it. The 116500 is the first ceramic panda, the new one is a bad copy. You have to resign yourself, you arrived late.
You only own the 116500. I own both the 116500 and 126500. Your opinion is biased and the bad copy stuff doesn’t make any sense.
Old 27 July 2024, 11:35 PM   #67
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sec View Post
I’ve had both (116500, white and black) and 126500, white and I do prefer the 126500. Seems cleaner and more cohesive. The subdials on the 116500, in retrospect, are way too thick, in my opinion. I see the appeal of both cases and neither sways me. I also feel that the ceramic bezel on the 116500 looks a little like an afterthought and even appears “stuck-on”.

Of course this is all very, very subjective and nuanced to a point that no one other than a select few would notice. I’m a big fan of all Daytonas and both of these models are absolutely gorgeous. Furthermore, I really don’t care which model is worth more in ten or twenty years. I just really enjoy wearing my Daytona now.

I agree on the thickness of the 116500 subdials especially on the white dial (less visible on the black dial).
Old 28 July 2024, 08:39 AM   #68
schwartz914
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
New ref is so much better
schwartz914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 09:38 AM   #69
rockysw
"TRF" Member

seems like a lot of emotions are involved in this thread.
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 10:45 AM   #70
Apdl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN Finally!
The market has spoken, it shows the 12 reference more desirable.
That being said, there are a lot of nuances already discussed for each and you should choose according to your preferences.

You cant go wrong with either one and if you are looking for the validation of other watch lovers, you will get the same drooling and envy regardless.

Good luck!
Apdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 11:30 AM   #71
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apdl View Post
The market has spoken, it shows the 12 reference more desirable.
That being said, there are a lot of nuances already discussed for each and you should choose according to your preferences.

You cant go wrong with either one and if you are looking for the validation of other watch lovers, you will get the same drooling and envy regardless.

Good luck!
Indeed, both are nice watches but 126500 just wins it(ref to recent polls) and market. Rolex knows what they are doing
Greg.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 11:30 AM   #72
MY-WATCH
"TRF" Member

Subdials of the 116 ����
Plus 116 is discontinued and was less in number due to pandemic
It will be more desirable in future
The 126 will also receive love it is a steel daytona
MY-WATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 12:30 PM   #73
stevestil
"TRF" Member

116500 for the white dial in my opinion

126500 for the black dial

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 01:17 PM   #74
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestil View Post
116500 for the white dial in my opinion

126500 for the black dial

This.

White 11.
Black 12.

Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 02:18 PM   #75
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
This.

White 11.
Black 12.

I second this opinion too. The old reference White dial looks better than the new, and the new reference black dial looks better than the old.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 03:42 PM   #76
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You only own the 116500. I own both the 116500 and 126500. Your opinion is biased and the bad copy stuff doesn’t make any sense.
That's not true!! I had both, the new 12 and the discontinued 11. For me, for us traders, nothing changes, it is important to sell. I just wanted to express my point of view but with you offending me it's impossible. In the other poll I gave my vote to 12 black, preferring it to discontinued black. The new Daytonas have been well modified, it was time for them to change, but I repeat, many enthusiasts like me were very disappointed by the new white 12, the bad copy of the original. Just change the dials, like Le Mans, and everything will start again stronger than before.
Old 28 July 2024, 03:53 PM   #77
hojlund
"TRF" Member

I prefer the 116500 panda, I like the old dial design and the case symmetry. don't like the new bezel ring, which makes the watch looks like an omega.
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 04:06 PM   #78
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY-WATCH View Post
Subdials of the 116 ����
Plus 116 is discontinued and was less in number due to pandemic
It will be more desirable in future
The 126 will also receive love it is a steel daytona
This is a great truth
Old 28 July 2024, 04:15 PM   #79
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojlund View Post
I prefer the 116500 panda, I like the old dial design and the case symmetry. don't like the new bezel ring, which makes the watch looks like an omega.
Old panda is the best. Enthusiasts were also disappointed by the dials colors of the gold and platinum models, empty as panda white, bad copies. The open back case on platinum makes no sense, while I really appreciated it on the Le Mans, because it has a new caliber. I like the ring, nice news, but it's not enough, the dials should all be changed.
Old 28 July 2024, 06:38 PM   #80
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Old panda is the best. Enthusiasts were also disappointed by the dials colors of the gold and platinum models, empty as panda white, bad copies. The open back case on platinum makes no sense, while I really appreciated it on the Le Mans, because it has a new caliber. I like the ring, nice news, but it's not enough, the dials should all be changed.
Stop. You sound ridiculous
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 06:46 PM   #81
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 928ktgold View Post
Stop. You sound ridiculous
When you don't have arguments and intelligence to answer, you get offended Read the comments, enthusiasts are disappointed by the new watch faces, stop
Old 28 July 2024, 09:06 PM   #82
TJDJ41
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust 41
The white 126500 is absolutely gorgeous. Much sleeker and modern looking compared to the 116500 in my opinion. Rolex did it right.
TJDJ41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 01:55 AM   #83
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
When you don't have arguments and intelligence to answer, you get offended Read the comments, enthusiasts are disappointed by the new watch faces, stop
You are the only one disappointed by a watch you don’t even own.
Old 29 July 2024, 02:05 AM   #84
Oytun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712,116500 & Rest
Quote:
Quote:
You are the only one disappointed by a watch you don’t even own.
Wtf you guys are arguing in different topics for weeks

Hilarious

Stop giving so much f. what others think 126500 has more demand it's already settled, the rest is up to personal taste. I like the 116500 more, but I feel the 126500 is more beautiful. The 116500 is selling for less, while the 126500 commands higher prices. The 116500 will likely never be worth more in the near future, so what?
Oytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 02:06 AM   #85
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Come on gents, be better than this .. it’s getting silly now, seriously .. where’s the value ? Not only that watch buying/collecting is such a personal/individual thing so who really cares what someone else thinks to a certain watch? It’s only your individual opinion that matters, ok it’s healthy for a bit of banter but this has dragged on for weeks and in other threads ..
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 02:28 AM   #86
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

I never said that the new Daytonas won't sell, the product will always be a winner, but if I write that the new dials are a bad copy of the discontinued, and that enthusiasts were disappointed, I'm not writing falsehood. If the dials changed, like Le Mans style, they would become masterpieces. Look at this poll, this is the response of the fans, who have been voting for what I have been writing for weeks. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=955091
Old 29 July 2024, 02:33 AM   #87
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
A 126 you said ? No, a 116 ! … no a 126 … it’s .5mm thinner ..

Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 10:40 AM   #88
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
I’m a doctor and enthusiast. I’ve read though out all these Daytona threads lately. You keep making these outlandish statements as facts please just stop. You keep interjecting your opinions as facts that apply universally. They don’t apply to everyone.
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 12:14 PM   #89
SBR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Sales prices for both tell the story of which is currently favored. Personally I prefer the 12 series but both are great pieces. First world problems.
SBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 07:01 PM   #90
Beoman
"TRF" Member

I'm "in love" with my 126500 (like I am with my 21 yo 116520), but was never interested in the 116500 which I find too sporty.

Am I allowed to say it or must I proudly declare that nothing compares to a 116500 ?
Beoman is offline   Reply With Quote