The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 3 July 2023, 01:05 AM   #91
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
Not really, just it’s the internet and we all have opinions, often well educated opinions through experience, but ultimately we don’t make the call between who does and doesn’t get anything so they’re just opinions.

I would say Gareth’s opinion will be in the right ballpark. He’s a decent guy, has a few APs, obviously knows them fairly well but I think once any of us go from opinion to fact we’re straying off course. Myself included.
I was just messing hence the ‘haha’. I personally never think it’s a good idea to predict other peoples allocations. I’m very grateful for what I have
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2023, 02:57 AM   #92
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The online experts are out in force tonight.

We can say if things seem unlikely, or incredibly unlikely, but we can’t talk as if we are AP or have any authority regarding allocation.

Gareth, on another forum I said my friend was getting one of the last jumbos and I was down for a RO. You told me the jumbo was never happening and for me to enjoy my code. My friend did indeed get one of the last dozen and you didn’t seem happy. I never did buy a code but did get a ROO and a blue RO which you were adamant I would never get.

Ultimately allocation isn’t our call, a degree of pieces are held back for new clients, and sometimes things happen which we can explain. I know someone who got a blue RO 41 as a first purchase. It was the last of the pre anniversary as the 50ths were already out. He hasn’t bought anything since.

If the OP gets something great, if not who cares? We have no say.
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2023, 04:15 AM   #93
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon14

Quote:
Apologies as I might have come across unnecessarily blunt in the first post but I’m happy when anyone on a forum gets a nice watch from a brand with allocation madness. Chances are anyone on the forum is a genuine enthusiast and not throwing it down the nearest grey dealer for a quick buck and the more genuine people who get watches at list the better.

Jumbo is the prom queen of prom queens so best of luck getting one. Given what you have you’re definitely more likely that me.

Sacrilegious but I wish I could remove the seconds hand from my RO. Just looks like an iPhone sim pin and can’t unsee it.

Cheers mate, apologies accepted

And in our little corner of the AP world here in the Uk it’s great when a true enthusiast gets a new AP they’ve waited for patiently. Thankfully AP manage the supply of new watches very well so that few get flipped onto the grey market but as we know it’s impossible to cover all bases on that front.

Thanks for the kind comments on the Jumbo, let’s wait and see how pans out for us both
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 01:50 AM   #94
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Returning back to the subject. Two Questions

1) On the website the 50th Anniversary SS RO appears to be identical to 'standard'. I assume these are highly coveted ?

2) would a 37mm SS RO be more achievable than a 41mm? I didn't think to try one on but will ask next time.

Thank you!
PeteWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 03:13 AM   #95
wb55
"TRF" Member

Tell them Gareth said you can one of his allocations and go down for whichever one you want more
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 03:49 AM   #96
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteWales View Post
Returning back to the subject. Two Questions

1) On the website the 50th Anniversary SS RO appears to be identical to 'standard'. I assume these are highly coveted ?

2) would a 37mm SS RO be more achievable than a 41mm? I didn't think to try one on but will ask next time.
Production of the 50th Anniversary models stopped last December. Only difference is the 50th Anniversary rotor, which some like and some don't, and the signed certificate.

For some people the 37mm fits better and for some the 41mm. I would not let availability drive that choice.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 04:01 AM   #97
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tell them Gareth said you can one of his allocations and go down for whichever one you want more
Gareth and mini both willing to sacrifice their allocations for him
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 04:39 AM   #98
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Production of the 50th Anniversary models stopped last December. Only difference is the 50th Anniversary rotor, which some like and some don't, and the signed certificate.

For some people the 37mm fits better and for some the 41mm. I would not let availability drive that choice.
This ^^^

I don’t know for certain but I’d imagine the 41mm has more demand for the U.K. market than the 37mm.

As said the fit is more important. For me 41mm is the sweet spot and 39/38mm’s I’ve tried on before wear slightly too small so a 37mm just wouldn’t be suitable at all.

(That said AP if you’re reading this and have a jumbo with my name on it I’m sure it will fit perfectly well )
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2023, 04:53 AM   #99
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Thanks Stephen!
Old 9 July 2023, 10:29 PM   #100
EssexRolex95
"TRF" Member

Hi All,

Relatively new to the forum and certainly new to this area!

I have been a customer with WOS for a while and after getting my steel sports grail late last year, I decided that I wanted to try and get my first AP. However, unfortunately this came exactly when WOS lost their AD status in London.

I then approached AP House at Bond Street, who invited me in and it was a fantastic experience with a very nice young lady there. I took my fiancé with me and probably got on better with the SA. We both tried on some pieces and I fell in love with the 15510 in silver, and she took a great liking to a smaller Royal Oak, which we were both registered for. It was certainly made clear that hers would likely come through before mine.

This was back in March and I have kept in touch tentatively since then and am planning on visiting again in the near future. My Mrs has lot a little bit of interest, and should her watch come through I don't feel like it is one that she would take. My view is that honesty is the best policy and that it is best to tell her now rather than when the watch is allocated. What would you suggest?

I am hoping the the 15510 in silver is a possibility, but as a first watch?

Thanks all
EssexRolex95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 11:35 PM   #101
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexRolex95 View Post
I am hoping the the 15510 in silver is a possibility, but as a first watch?

Thanks all
If you or your fiancee hit it off with the SA and the SA remembers you, you'll have a good shot. First watch is def possible especially silver.
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 11:47 PM   #102
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My Mrs has lot a little bit of interest, and should her watch come through I don't feel like it is one that she would take. My view is that honesty is the best policy and that it is best to tell her now rather than when the watch is allocated. What would you suggest?
Probably not going to help to decline the first watch offered after initially expressing interest. I'd sort that out at the next visit.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 10 July 2023, 01:40 AM   #103
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Well like a lot of answers to questions here, we can’t speak on behalf of AP so don’t know for definite. I think like said above, it won’t help you to decline the first watch, if that’s what your fiancée asked for. That said if she doesn’t want it anymore, buying it isn’t an option, so you need to be upfront with AP. Whether you do that now or wait until the call comes, is a bit of a 50/50 guess. Even more so as we weren’t there at the meeting so can’t comment on how your relationship is.

Purely guessing here, but do you think that it will come over as she never really wanted it and was only saying she did to help you get yours? What was the watch she wanted?

I think I would personally be honest and upfront straight away so it’s not wasting the SA’s time. Explain the situation and hope that you still get yours (which may well be quite a wait anyway).
Old 10 July 2023, 06:12 PM   #104
EssexRolex95
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
If you or your fiancee hit it off with the SA and the SA remembers you, you'll have a good shot. First watch is def possible especially silver.
Thanks for the message.

The SA did advise us that the silver is the most attainable, she said she was glad I didn't ask for green or blue as it would be very difficult.

She was quite clear that my fiancés would come through first.
Old 10 July 2023, 06:18 PM   #105
EssexRolex95
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Well like a lot of answers to questions here, we can’t speak on behalf of AP so don’t know for definite. I think like said above, it won’t help you to decline the first watch, if that’s what your fiancée asked for. That said if she doesn’t want it anymore, buying it isn’t an option, so you need to be upfront with AP. Whether you do that now or wait until the call comes, is a bit of a 50/50 guess. Even more so as we weren’t there at the meeting so can’t comment on how your relationship is.

Purely guessing here, but do you think that it will come over as she never really wanted it and was only saying she did to help you get yours? What was the watch she wanted?

I think I would personally be honest and upfront straight away so it’s not wasting the SA’s time. Explain the situation and hope that you still get yours (which may well be quite a wait anyway).

Thanks for the messages.

I think it is something that needs to be addressed when we next pop in, as I feel it would really hurt us if she then turned it down. I would like to think it was clear when we went in to try them on that she was very interested, just focusing on her other interests/collections at the moment.
Old 10 July 2023, 08:09 PM   #106
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the messages.

I think it is something that needs to be addressed when we next pop in, as I feel it would really hurt us if she then turned it down. I would like to think it was clear when we went in to try them on that she was very interested, just focusing on her other interests/collections at the moment.
That sounds like a plan and it would be a good idea to follow Stephen's recommendations about being honest/up front with your SA when you go in next time.

Best of luck.
Old 21 July 2023, 07:31 PM   #107
Chelsea1986
"TRF" Member

Just reading down this forum and thought I would share my experience. I was in ap house Bond Street yesterday. A great discreet setup with great art and people. Fingers crossed I get a call and good luck on your journey.
Chelsea1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 08:07 PM   #108
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the messages.

Let me guess, handbags..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 22 July 2023, 02:46 AM   #109
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea1986 View Post
Just reading down this forum and thought I would share my experience. I was in ap house Bond Street yesterday. A great discreet setup with great art and people. Fingers crossed I get a call and good luck on your journey.
Good to hear. The team at AP House are great
Old 22 July 2023, 02:48 AM   #110
shammad10
"TRF" Member

I visited AP house in London for the first time with a good friend a couple of months ago. They were absolutely lovely, it was both our first time there.

He walked out with a lovely new rose gold Code 11:59.
shammad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 07:34 AM   #111
Chelsea1986
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammad10 View Post
I visited AP house in London for the first time with a good friend a couple of months ago. They were absolutely lovely, it was both our first time there.

He walked out with a lovely new rose gold Code 11:59.
He's a very lucky guy because the lady I deal with said codes are not as available as people may think and the one I particularly have would be a much longer wait
Chelsea1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 10:35 PM   #112
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea1986 View Post
He's a very lucky guy because the lady I deal with said codes are not as available as people may think and the one I particularly have would be a much longer wait
That’s very true for any Code 11.59 in the Uk as they haven’t been freely available for the last 2-2.5 years.
Old 25 July 2023, 06:19 AM   #113
Marshall kowope
"TRF" Member

UK ah!
Marshall kowope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 04:51 AM   #114
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

UPDATE

Visited AP Lounge Bond Street to see my SA yesterday. As mentioned previously she is originally from the next village to me in South Wales so we spent a good amount of time shooting the breeze about home. The lounge is still far too nice for the likes of me but it's a lovely place to spend time. At one point I believe I was the only client in there. I wore a JLC Master Geographic Compressor so we had a short chat about other brands etc. I asked about the 37mm three hander Royal Oak SS as I wasn't sure if this might be classed as a ladies watch now and although I am six foot tall and quite broad i'm not a huge guy and i've worn 36mm Rolexes for decades. I tried one on alongside the 41mm I originally showed interest in and it did seem rather small. To be fair my JLC is on a bracelet and very chunky so it might have not been the best time to try on a 37mm. I prefer the 41mm RO and am hanging on for one of those!

No promise on when I might be able to buy one and certainly no expectations my end. It's no problem at all calling into AP a couple of times a year and sitting in a lovely lounge talking about watches and my home town. I've never really done the AD thing and i've certainly never waited for a watch but I like this process. I am happy to continue.

Hope everyone is well.

Pete
Old 14 December 2023, 08:40 AM   #115
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

I’m sure you keeping in touch and popping in Pete will help you a lot - out of sight, out of mind and all that.

A watch will become available and you want your SA to think of you and keeping in contact and showing you really want a RO will get you one, possibly sooner rather than later

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteWales View Post
UPDATE

Visited AP Lounge Bond Street to see my SA yesterday. As mentioned previously she is originally from the next village to me in South Wales so we spent a good amount of time shooting the breeze about home. The lounge is still far too nice for the likes of me but it's a lovely place to spend time. At one point I believe I was the only client in there. I wore a JLC Master Geographic Compressor so we had a short chat about other brands etc. I asked about the 37mm three hander Royal Oak SS as I wasn't sure if this might be classed as a ladies watch now and although I am six foot tall and quite broad i'm not a huge guy and i've worn 36mm Rolexes for decades. I tried one on alongside the 41mm I originally showed interest in and it did seem rather small. To be fair my JLC is on a bracelet and very chunky so it might have not been the best time to try on a 37mm. I prefer the 41mm RO and am hanging on for one of those!

No promise on when I might be able to buy one and certainly no expectations my end. It's no problem at all calling into AP a couple of times a year and sitting in a lovely lounge talking about watches and my home town. I've never really done the AD thing and i've certainly never waited for a watch but I like this process. I am happy to continue.

Hope everyone is well.

Pete
Old 14 December 2023, 04:51 PM   #116
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Cheers mate, apologies accepted

And in our little corner of the AP world here in the Uk it’s great when a true enthusiast gets a new AP they’ve waited for patiently. Thankfully AP manage the supply of new watches very well so that few get flipped onto the grey market but as we know it’s impossible to cover all bases on that front.

Thanks for the kind comments on the Jumbo, let’s wait and see how pans out for us both
Few gets flipped because no one (and no grey) is buying , fyi. Same watch released in thousands iterations gets boring in the long run.
Try to flip a newly acquired royal oak, let's have a good laugh.
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 06:01 PM   #117
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doyle View Post
Few gets flipped because no one (and no grey) is buying , fyi. Same watch released in thousands iterations gets boring in the long run.

Who’s talking about flipping an allocation? I imagine most on here are looking to acquire their AP to keep and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 06:06 PM   #118
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
I’m sure you keeping in touch and popping in Pete will help you a lot - out of sight, out of mind and all that.

A watch will become available and you want your SA to think of you and keeping in contact and showing you really want a RO will get you one, possibly sooner rather than later
Thanks! Hope all is well with you.
Old 15 December 2023, 08:30 AM   #119
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikincooper View Post
Who’s talking about flipping an allocation? I imagine most on here are looking to acquire their AP to keep and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said Niki

If you want to flip, or are worried about a perceived market value, maybe AP isn't the the brand for the person in question.

And it's nonsense to say that "greys aren't buying" as the they clearly are and not many of those guys are on the bread line yet..........
Old 15 December 2023, 09:12 AM   #120
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doyle View Post
Hopefully, you'll contribute some substance in 2024.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote