The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 February 2024, 03:02 AM   #91
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Buy what you want. You didn’t make a mistake
Agree. Why spend a good deal of $$$ on something you don’t want.

You gave it a try, didn’t love it, and moved on. Hopefully, someone who really wants the black dial will love getting that call.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 03:09 AM   #92
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Why would you take the black if you wanted the white? Black is not white obviously lol.

I wanted the 116 white and passed on the black also. I eventually got the 116.

As for the 126, i prefer the black :)
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 03:22 AM   #93
Goldilock
"TRF" Member

Black is nicer anyway and it is more under the radar. It might be me but I didnt like the majority of the people that was wearing white ceramic daytonas. Many, many of them were the type "Look, I am the big boy with my daytona, yeah!". With black daytonas I havent experienced this attitude. Again, not all of them of course, but many times.
Goldilock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 03:25 AM   #94
Calatrava r
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilock View Post
Black is nicer anyway and it is more under the radar. It might be me but I didnt like the majority of the people that was wearing white ceramic daytonas. Many, many of them were the type "Look, I am the big boy with my daytona, yeah!". With black daytonas I havent experienced this attitude. Again, not all of them of course, but many times.
That may be how you see those people in your mind and not as they really are. Many may just love the watch and nothing more.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 03:41 AM   #95
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I’ve had four SS Daytonas both black and white over the three previous generations, I’ve decided black is my preference.
My AD did not have a “status” attached to the dial color when I got my 116500 in 2019, if you were “approved” for a SS Daytona you told them which you wanted. I got black in 9 months, SA told me white list was longer. I don’t know how the OP’s dealer handles things but I think that may have been his only offer.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 04:10 AM   #96
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I’ve had four SS Daytonas both black and white over the three previous generations, I’ve decided black is my preference.
My AD did not have a “status” attached to the dial color when I got my 116500 in 2019, if you were “approved” for a SS Daytona you told them which you wanted. I got black in 9 months, SA told me white list was longer. I don’t know how the OP’s dealer handles things but I think that may have been his only offer.
Absolutely NOT the way my AD works, and by the sound of it, not the way the OP's AD works either. They want each purchaser to love the watch, and love the experience. If they present a watch to me, and I don't absolutely love it, they would rather have me pass on it so they can sell it to someone who will truly enjoy it. I won't lose my place in line, and will still be next up for the one I truly want.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:21 AM   #97
Matty99365
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Whether you made the right choice or not only time will tell.

Being the owner of both the black and the white, I can however personally say that there is no comparison between the two.

The white wins hands down.
Matty99365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:28 AM   #98
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
the black one is the one to go with for the 12 series.
100% Agree
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:30 AM   #99
GoldenSub
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUB,DD,DAYTONA,DJ
I would have taken that and ran as fast as I could
GoldenSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:41 AM   #100
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
Well, this got a lot more response activity than I anticipated and don’t have time to answer everyone. I appreciate those with positive support.

I talked to my SA again earlier (the “incident” happened Saturday last week), and I told him how I’ve somewhat been second guessing myself. He reassured me not to and reiterated again how they’re going to get me the white dial fairly soon. I asked if by June, and he said he doesn’t know about that, but again said how he truly thinks it will be by the end of the year. I asked if not by the end of this year, then next year? And he said “definitely.”

I jokingly told him how I’ve had people tell me how I messed up, and he told me to rub my panda in their faces when I get it in. All is sounding very promising still!
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:43 AM   #101
Order 72
Banned

You blew it. If I were that AD I’d lose your number asap, wasting time about which SS Daytona you “prefer”, like you’re some feudal lord.

Very high maintenance calling back so soon demanding reconfirmation Then coming into public and telling everyone looking for attention.
Order 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:44 AM   #102
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
Just a question, did you think of maybe buying the black Daytona and buying a white dial off chrono24 and then swapping it out? For a few grand more you have your choice of 2 dials. I simply can’t believe someone got a call for the most elusive catalogue Rolex piece ever and walked away from it.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 05:48 AM   #103
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post
Just a question, did you think of maybe buying the black Daytona and buying a white dial off chrono24 and then swapping it out? For a few grand more you have your choice of 2 dials. I simply can’t believe someone got a call for the most elusive catalogue Rolex piece ever and walked away from it.
Dial swapping would be a huge headache. Plus I couldn’t imagine spending several thousand dollars on a dial by itself.

It’s worth mentioning that as of last Friday, RSC would swap dials to the white after 5 years.
Old 24 February 2024, 05:49 AM   #104
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 72 View Post
You blew it. If I were that AD I’d lose your number asap, wasting time about which SS Daytona you “prefer”, like you’re some feudal lord.
Alright, tough guy—so why would my SA continuously tell me to wait for the white?
Old 24 February 2024, 05:53 AM   #105
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
Alright, tough guy—so why would my SA continuously tell me to wait for the white?
Then why come here asking opinions if you are so certain you did the right thing? And repeatedly asking the AD if they lied or not about giving you your “preference”? Sounds like you require a lot of attention.

Oh yes, tough guys always second guess themselves when there is no doubt and ask strangers to validate them.
Old 24 February 2024, 05:55 AM   #106
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then why come here asking opinions if you are so certain you did the right thing? And repeatedly asking the AD if they lied or not about giving you your “preference”?
I didn’t ask opinions. I shared the story because I know many enthusiasts would enjoy reading it.
Old 24 February 2024, 05:59 AM   #107
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
I didn’t ask opinions. I shared the story because I know many enthusiasts would enjoy reading it.
Just trying to show off more like it “tough guy”, better call the AD again and tell them another stranger said something you didn’t like after asking for opinions.
Old 24 February 2024, 06:22 AM   #108
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very high maintenance calling back so soon demanding reconfirmation Then coming into public and telling everyone looking for attention.
You obviously don't have a great relationship with your AD as I, the OP and many others have. Mine encourages me to wait for the one I love as if they allocate me a watch, I go to the back of the line as they can't just keep allocating me watches and not to other people. They've always come through for me, and was recently allocated my grail Daytona after only a 4 month wait. I talk with my SA all the time and would have done the same if I were in the OP's shoes. Nothing wrong with what he did as I and many others would have done the same that have a strong relationship with their AD as the OP seems to have.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 06:27 AM   #109
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
You obviously don't have a great relationship with your AD as I, the OP and many others have. Mine encourages me to wait for the one I love as if they allocate me a watch, I go to the back of the line as they can't just keep allocating me watches and not to other people. They've always come through for me, and was recently allocated my grail Daytona after only a 4 month wait. I talk with my SA all the time and would have done the same if I were in the OP's shoes. Nothing wrong with what he did as I and many others would have done the same that have a strong relationship with their AD as the OP seems to have.
Wow you’re so important and impressive! Thank you for sharing.
Old 24 February 2024, 06:39 AM   #110
Goldilock
"TRF" Member

It is like:
AD: - Do you want free 15k usd in 100$ notes?
OP: - No thanks, I want that only in 50$ notes. Call me if you have them!
Goldilock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 06:47 AM   #111
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilock View Post
It is like:
AD: - Do you want free 15k usd in 100$ notes?
OP: - No thanks, I want that only in 50$ notes. Call me if you have them!
Here is a better analogy...

Dealer: We have the G Wagon you want with the exact specs, but it's Black and not in Polar White like you prefer. It's yours, if you'd like it. Or you can wait a few months and we will get you the Polar White one.

OP: Thanks. I'll wait for the Polar White one.

Dealer: Great, see you in a few months then.
Roger Lococco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 06:57 AM   #112
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
Hopefully you get the white dial even though I love my black dial daytona. Your biggest issue is if the sa leaves or transfers etc between now and when the white dial arrives your shit out of luck and missed out on both dials.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 07:06 AM   #113
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then why come here asking opinions if you are so certain you did the right thing? And repeatedly asking the AD if they lied or not about giving you your “preference”? Sounds like you require a lot of attention.

Oh yes, tough guys always second guess themselves when there is no doubt and ask strangers to validate them.
Not trying to come to anyone’s defense (not that he needs it), but you sound like a dbag. Not saying you are one, but you sure sound like one.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 07:16 AM   #114
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well, this got a lot more response activity than I anticipated and don’t have time to answer everyone. I appreciate those with positive support.

I talked to my SA again earlier (the “incident” happened Saturday last week), and I told him how I’ve somewhat been second guessing myself. He reassured me not to and reiterated again how they’re going to get me the white dial fairly soon. I asked if by June, and he said he doesn’t know about that, but again said how he truly thinks it will be by the end of the year. I asked if not by the end of this year, then next year? And he said “definitely.”

I jokingly told him how I’ve had people tell me how I messed up, and he told me to rub my panda in their faces when I get it in. All is sounding very promising still!
Thats great news. I have a really good relationship with my AD as well and the transparency from AD have never failed. I got the White dial first and just got the black one this year.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 07:16 AM   #115
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Not trying to come to anyone’s defense (not that he needs it), but you sound like a dbag. Not saying you are one, but you sure sound like one.
You are coming to his aide and you did just call me a “dbag”. Have the courage of your convictions.
Old 24 February 2024, 07:20 AM   #116
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
Here is a better analogy...

Dealer: We have the G Wagon you want with the exact specs, but it's Black and not in Polar White like you prefer. It's yours, if you'd like it. Or you can wait a few months and we will get you the Polar White one.

OP: Thanks. I'll wait for the Polar White one.

Dealer: Great, see you in a few months then.
Thank you. That is exactly how I’m seeing it here!
Old 24 February 2024, 07:35 AM   #117
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
Hopefully you get the white dial even though I love my black dial daytona. Your biggest issue is if the sa leaves or transfers etc between now and when the white dial arrives your shit out of luck and missed out on both dials.
Fortunately, it’s likely not necessarily my SA that made the call on me getting the black one; it was the bookkeeper and/or general manager who probably did. The manager I believe makes the decision on allocation of pieces like this.
Old 24 February 2024, 11:38 AM   #118
learningtofly
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hmmm...
Yeah, I’d say that was a mistake. As for calling back, I doubt it’s still available but probs worth a try.
Old 24 February 2024, 11:56 AM   #119
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Quote:
Fortunately, it’s likely not necessarily my SA that made the call on me getting the black one; it was the bookkeeper and/or general manager who probably did. The manager I believe makes the decision on allocation of pieces like this.
100%. Do update this thread when you get your panda. Im having a bet with my wife. I betting on youd get it by Aug. She said the AD will never call you for another hard piece ever.
Old 24 February 2024, 12:09 PM   #120
dennispennis
"TRF" Member

dennispennis is offline   Reply With Quote