The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 July 2021, 03:35 PM   #91
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Lemme tell you something. If that happened to me, I'd find the miscreant in the mall parking lot, probably the nearest exit to Sbarro, and proceed to key his Rav4 right in front of his face. I mean, we're talking about a scratch on a link on a watch bracelet here. Shoot, Rolex bracelet I meant. That's even worse!
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 03:38 PM   #92
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Show this photo of my “scratch free” 9 year old Porsche to this AD…

I haven’t been lucky, I’m careful to not let morons work on it. I totally think they owe you whatever you are willing to accept to make this right. Unbelievable!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, do that. A third hand picture of some stranger's scratch free 9 year old Porsche will make this person see the light. Let me know if you think that pictures of the two unscratched quarter panels on my F-150 will help you out. I'll send them ASAP.
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 03:45 PM   #93
Gamora
"TRF" Member

I got a BLNR few days back from an AD. The watchmaker had apparently left early for the day. The sales associate removed the stickers and resized the bracelet. When I got home, I noticed quite a few hairline scratches on the bracelet and some deep scratches on the side where the screw heads are located. 3 screw heads were badly mangled. It pissed me no end but I thought it was no use calling the manager or SA as they would at most offer polish. It took the SA few years to allocate me the BLNR so if I complained, I would be thought of as ungrateful. That’s my assumption based on today’s environment. I also wanted the jubilee bracelet instead of the oyster which was on the BLNR. I reached out a grey dealer and got it traded for an unworn jubilee BLNR. I have learned a valuable lesson and will never let a SA resize the bracelet again. Either wait for the in-house watchmaker or if there isn’t one, insist on doing the resizing yourself at home or through a professional watchmaker.
Gamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:29 PM   #94
zaphod777
"TRF" Member

What is the proper size screwdriver required to size the jubilee bracelet on a DJ36 126234? From my searching it seems I need a 1.3mm driver?
zaphod777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:36 PM   #95
t60
"TRF" Member

Name and shame.
t60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 05:13 PM   #96
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

So what's the best way to deal with this then? Obviously a bad polish can ruin the watch even more. Making a scene might reduce our chances on the sought after pieces...So whats left?
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 08:08 PM   #97
alika
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Oh. In that case, I'd be asking for a whole new bracelet.

X2 this is unacceptable…

alika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 08:20 PM   #98
wb55
"TRF" Member

Did you buy your watch from this AD? Shocking treatment.
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 09:03 PM   #99
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post

As others said, bergeon 7825 + horofix screw driver + thin yellow scotch tape + your labor = hassle free and fun watch tinkering.

Exactly this!

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 10:01 PM   #100
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
Damn, that would irritate anyone, sorry to see. I agree, scratches should be put there on your own accord, not a dealer doing a simple fix. The response from the manager sounds like they are now back peddling a bit.

As others said, bergeon 7825 + horofix screw driver + thin yellow scotch tape + your labor = hassle free and fun watch tinkering.

Also a butane lighter as needed!
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 10:07 PM   #101
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Definitely don't drop this matter - longer it goes on, longer they are gonna wash their hands of it or deny. Call back for an update. Honestly they have butchered your watch beyond belief.

As others have said, get the right tools and change the link yourself next time. It's easy to do and you can take your time which clearly they did not.
kwingy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 10:14 PM   #102
london_v
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwillis0001 View Post
Yes, do that. A third hand picture of some stranger's scratch free 9 year old Porsche will make this person see the light. Let me know if you think that pictures of the two unscratched quarter panels on my F-150 will help you out. I'll send them ASAP.
Lol
london_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 01:51 AM   #103
Cheng
Banned

Quote:
Lemme tell you something. If that happened to me, I'd find the miscreant in the mall parking lot, probably the nearest exit to Sbarro, and proceed to key his Rav4 right in front of his face. I mean, we're talking about a scratch on a link on a watch bracelet here. Shoot, Rolex bracelet I meant. That's even worse!
Cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 01:56 AM   #104
t60
"TRF" Member

Looks like the AD owes OP a new clasp and screw.
t60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 02:03 AM   #105
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
I'm firmly in the scratch them up and enjoy them camp but that only applies to me doing the scratching while wearing. That would irritate me. How do watch professionals even let things like that happen? I'd never let that AD touch one one my watches again.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 02:33 AM   #106
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Show this photo of my “scratch free” 9 year old Porsche to this AD…

I haven’t been lucky, I’m careful to not let morons work on it. I totally think they owe you whatever you are willing to accept to make this right. Unbelievable!!!

Weak flex.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 02:45 AM   #107
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
Sad, weak flex. Not even relevant.
Extremely relevant, Here's the remark I made an analogy about using my scratch free 9 year old car:

"once the lady buffed the one scratch out on the clasp she made a snarky comment and said it’s like a new car eventually you’ll get a scratch on it."

Having fun on TRF sometimes creates a subject where someone sadly has to make a cutting remark. I just recently heard about flex, you sir are completely wrong........
Old 16 July 2021, 04:01 AM   #108
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Again, the lady made a snarky remark using a car analogy. I had recently been to a national car show with this car which we drove there. I got favorable comments as "there's not a mark on my 9 year old car". Just thought it was relevant when I read this idiot lady's stupid comment. Obviously it struck a nerve with some sensibilities here??!! Lighten up maybe...Geez..........

"once the lady buffed the one scratch out on the clasp she made a snarky comment and said it’s like a new car eventually you’ll get a scratch on it."
Old 16 July 2021, 04:15 AM   #109
LSA916
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega
Quote:
Again, the lady made a snarky remark using a car analogy. I had recently been to a national car show with this car which we drove there. I got favorable comments as "there's not a mark on my 9 year old car". Just thought it was relevant when I read this idiot lady's stupid comment. Obviously it struck a nerve with some sensibilities here??!! Lighten up maybe...Geez..........

Yep; the difference is that the AD caused the scratch, not OP. If I damage my own car on my own, it's clearly my own fault. But following the same analogy, if I take my car in to the dealer for maintenance and they damage it through their own negligence, they should and normally will offer a fix to original quality. I'm pretty sure "it was going to get scratched eventually" is not a valid excuse.
LSA916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 04:23 AM   #110
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSA916 View Post
Yep; the difference is that the AD caused the scratch, not OP. If I damage my own car on my own, it's clearly my own fault. But following the same analogy, if I take my car in to the dealer for maintenance and they damage it through their own negligence, they should and normally will offer a fix to original quality. I'm pretty sure "it was going to get scratched eventually" is not a valid excuse.
That's the way it hit me too. Appalling that this happened to the OP and it hit me as the lady's comment about cars as an excuse was completely off base...I choose who works on my cars carefully but after these guys came after me, I give up.

I wish the moderators would remove my photo please...
Old 16 July 2021, 04:24 AM   #111
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Extremely relevant, Here's the remark I made an analogy about using my scratch free 9 year old car:

Having fun on TRF sometimes creates a subject where someone sadly has to make a cutting remark. I just recently heard about flex, you sir are completely wrong........
I took your comment as you intended. Not everyone is a jaded internet troll :) I do not think you intended us to be in awe of your vehicle. But rather, to point out that many of us who "like nice things" in general do actually take care of our stuff. And whether it's a watch or a car or a piece of furniture we aren't real keen to just have it beat to hell for no good reason, especially by somebody else. If the dealer scratches my wife's Mazda (how's that for a big boy flex?!) you think I'm going to accept "it's a car, these things happen"? On what planet would that fly?
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 04:26 AM   #112
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
I took your comment as you intended. Not everyone is a jaded internet troll :) I do not think you intended us to be in awe of your vehicle. But rather, to point out that many of us who "like nice things" in general do actually take care of our stuff. And whether it's a watch or a car or a piece of furniture we aren't real keen to just have it beat to hell for no good reason, especially by somebody else. If the dealer scratches my wife's Mazda (how's that for a big boy flex?!) you think I'm going to accept "it's a car, these things happen"? On what planet would that fly?
Thank you very much!!! I only wish I had used a photo of my also scratch free 8 year old 63,000 mile Toyota FJ lol..

I totally get what you're saying about your wife's Mazda. What the flex police and people who place weird values on things on TRF do not realize that some people, myself included really like things for the mechanical value or material quality and the dollars do not make one worth more than another IMO. I know I'm not saying this well but I like my 45 year old Porsche Design watch just as much (maybe more) as my YG Daytona.

Thank you again sir!!!!
Old 16 July 2021, 06:38 AM   #113
M45
Banned

I can post pictures of my rusty, scratched, and dented Toyota 4Runner.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 06:40 AM   #114
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
I can post pictures of my rusty, scratched, and dented Toyota 4Runner.
nice
Old 16 July 2021, 07:13 AM   #115
ROlesorusLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
Thank you very much!!! I only wish I had used a photo of my also scratch free 8 year old 63,000 mile Toyota FJ lol..

I totally get what you're saying about your wife's Mazda. What the flex police and people who place weird values on things on TRF do not realize that some people, myself included really like things for the mechanical value or material quality and the dollars do not make one worth more than another IMO. I know I'm not saying this well but I like my 45 year old Porsche Design watch just as much (maybe more) as my YG Daytona.

Thank you again sir!!!!
Incidentally, in today's market, that FJ might be worth more than the Porsche. Have you seen the asks on those things with 6 digit mileage? Crazy.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk
ROlesorusLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 07:17 AM   #116
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod777 View Post
What is the proper size screwdriver required to size the jubilee bracelet on a DJ36 126234? From my searching it seems I need a 1.3mm driver?
Yes, I believe it is the 1.3mm driver.
Old 16 July 2021, 07:19 AM   #117
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What the flex police and people who place weird values on things on TRF do not realize that some people, myself included really like things for the mechanical value or material quality and the dollars do not make one worth more than another IMO. I know I'm not saying this well but I like my 45 year old Porsche Design watch just as much (maybe more) as my YG Daytona.
Wait a minute….

You created a thread to boast about which Rolex to take with you to a Porsche-themed vacation (and showed watch rolls with some of your nice watches). Then, you dropped a photo of a Porsche (presumably yours) into another UNRELATED thread. And then you mention your YG Daytona in a follow up post.

So, someone mentions flexing and YOU claim to be the unwitting victim of the flex police???

Dude, pul-eeeze. It’s 100% OK to brag about this stuff. We are on a Rolex forum so showing off comes with the territory. Don’t cry foul.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 07:48 AM   #118
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:

You're right - that was rude. Apologies.

Ben
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 07:50 AM   #119
WatchtraderNY
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
that hurts
WatchtraderNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 08:17 AM   #120
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Yowch… hopefully you can get it resolved quickly. Good luck.

Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote